Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggccessories

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've been bitten... I just ordered the Super Peel gift set, a Ceramic Grillworks Swing Rack and a Grill Gripper to fit. Any others I might be interested in but don't yet know about?

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    Plate Setter and Pizza stone if you don't already have them - rib rack too
  • Parallel
    Bought the plate setter when I bought the egg. We have a pizza stone, but I've noticed that some have a deep dish pizza stone... I may need one of those. Hmmm... rib rack. Are they all about the same or are there certain features I should be looking for?

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Aftermarket $$ for the BGE is as open as your wallet is deep :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Parallel
    edited November 2012
    lousubcap said:
    Aftermarket $$ for the BGE is as open as your wallet is deep :)
    Soooooo... you're saying it shallow then?  :))

• Adjustable Rig combo and a wok. Thermopen and an IR thermometer.  Two coolers.  One for meat, one for beer.  This just goes on and on.  You may end up broke but you won't be bored.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I won't be long now until another egg is in your sights. As far as the rib rack, the only thing I can think of to make the BGE one better is make it out of stainless steel.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Sous Vide - Polyscience Pro - ask Nolaegghead - he has all of the cool toys!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Dedicated ash vacuum is convenient.... pan with hot water - hot tub - entryway to sous vide.

I'm in need of the adjustable rig.  I have the BGE platesetter that came with my egg.  Will the AR sit on top of the platesetter like the BGE rack does now?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Congrats on the Super Peel and Swing rack, those are two of my favorite toys for the egg. Pizza parties are so much easier with both of those. I start out on the lower rack and then move pizzas to the top to finish high in the dome. Have you looked into a controller system BBQ Guru or Stoker? I have a DigiQ Dx2 from BBQ Guru and use it anytime I'm cooking over an hour. Not needed but is a pretty cool device that will hold your egg to within three degrees of the temperature you want till you run out of lump.. 

@YEMTrey I'm not 100% about the adjustable rig but you can use the swing rack with the platesetter, so I imagine you could. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    R2Egg2Q said:
    thanks for the links.  Ill be using these for making a christmas list!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Dedicated ash vacuum is convenient.... pan with hot water - hot tub - entryway to sous vide.

Nola that is one sweet set-up you have there. What is the box with the window unit for?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • nolaegghead
    Kosko said:

Nola that is one sweet set-up you have there. What is the box with the window unit for?
    That's a red-neck cold smoker (well, does hot too).  Window unit AC keeps it cool for fish/cheese, etc.
    YEMTrey said:
    I'm in need of the adjustable rig.  I have the BGE platesetter that came with my egg.  Will the AR sit on top of the platesetter like the BGE rack does now?
    No, you can't use the platesetter with the adjustible rig. I had one for three years and this year I went with a PSWOO 2 and 3 then made a raised grate with one of the adjustable rig grates and I like it better for the way I cook. BTW the PSWOO's work with the plate setter. While your shopping pick up some of the drip pans Tom sells, I think they work better then any other drip pan I have tried.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,661
    Kosko said:

That's a red-neck cold smoker (well, does hot too).  Window unit AC keeps it cool for fish/cheese, etc.
    You are kidding right?  ok.... no you are not.

edited November 2012
    paqman said:
    Kosko said:

The whole concept it the 5000 BTU AC runs constantly - full blast, and the DigiQ pumps enough heat into it to keep it at a subambient temp - like 60F.  It works.
    Yeah, dryer duct.  A 4" adapter fits in the top of the large egg perfectly.
    Kosko Posts: 535
    paqman said:
    Kosko said:

The whole concept it the 5000 BTU AC runs constantly - full blast, and the DigiQ pumps enough heat into it to keep it at a subambient temp - like 60F.  It works.

Freaking brilliant invention in my opinion!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • nolaegghead
    @Sandbilly - the inlet on the smoker is 4".  The exhaust is 3". 

@Kosko - thanks man - and I'd like to thank "firewater" for motivating me to make it. I think I have about $160 in it - not including stuff I had laying around.  $100 of that was the AC.
    Nola...that is crazy. I have to meet you one of these days when I am in NOLA. My favorite city in the world. I go there a few times a year.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • nolaegghead
    Sure zick, I'll cook ya up some of mah mamma's squirrel and possum gumbo :)
    YEMTrey said:
    No, you can't use the platesetter with the adjustible rig. I had one for three years and this year I went with a PSWOO 2 and 3 then made a raised grate with one of the adjustable rig grates and I like it better for the way I cook. BTW the PSWOO's work with the plate setter. While your shopping pick up some of the drip pans Tom sells, I think they work better then any other drip pan I have tried.
    Thanks for the info. All the AR/Woo talk is very confusing.  What my immediate need is extra space.  I want to be able to do ribs on one rack, then cast iron pans of cornbread and mac'n cheese on the top rack.  So, one of the PSWOO setups can accomplish this?
    Steve 

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    The pswoo works great with the plate setter, but you'll still need to add an extender for more space. They used to make one for the woo, but it was discontinued. i bought a Grill Dome extender to use with mine. There are other alternatives.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    @YEMTrey - With your XL, you can use the XL AR on top of your platesetter and stock XL grid. Tom has write ups & pics of all kinds of set ups at: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/xl-adjustable-rig.html

I don't believe Tom offers a "PS" version of the Woo for the XL yet. Since extra space is your immediate need, the AR better meets that need.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Thanks guys!  Exactly the info I was looking for.

Gonna be spending a bunch of money shortly.
    Steve