Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stike Banned?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    I don't see how he did it. I'm wiped out after 7 months. he did it for 10 years. Hope he comes back
    your averaging 626 posts a month, in ten years you could have a post count of 75154
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Options
    I don't see how he did it. I'm wiped out after 7 months. he did it for 10 years. Hope he comes back
    Don't you go away Cen-Tex, you're the closest thing to "colorful character" that we have left...well, you and Travis.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    your averaging 626 posts a month, in ten years you could have a post count of 75154
    :))

Probably why I'm beat down :)) That's why I've been chilling lately. Centex needs a forum nap
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Ha...15,00 posts over 10 years is 1500 per year...you're at almost 4400 in seven months...thats 44,000 over stikes 10 years...I can see how you're burned out.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    Ha fish beat me too it, and my math is horrible...double that 44,000.
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    Hey guys, my gasket is fried, what do I do?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ha...15,00 posts over 10 years is 1500 per year...you're at almost 4400 in seven months...thats 44,000 over stikes 10 years...I can see how you're burned out.

a bit excessive to be sure :)
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    I have been on hiatus - was on a run posting pics -- then I dropped the x*(*&R#)$ camera.
    Cookin in Texas
  • JerkChicken
    Options

a bit excessive to be sure :)

hahahah... Obsess much? L-)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Get over here stike, before we all go postal and message you with a gazillion PMs. :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Gezr said:
    Don't you go away Cen-Tex, you're the closest thing to "colorful character" that we have left...well, you and Travis.

I'm not going anywhere. Just dialing it back a little. It's for everyone's benefit :)
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Gezr said:

I'm not going anywhere. Just dialing it back a little. It's for everyone's benefit :)
    Thank you.  It will be a great benefit.

So Stikey got banned.  No surprise there.  You reap what you sow.  Ha, ha, ha.
  • jerryp
    jerryp Posts: 232
    Options

At the risk of becoming the turd in the punchbowl, I've gotta point out the giant elephant in the room.  Stike had great posts and I learned a few cool things from him myself.  Having said that, I've learned a lot from a great deal of other members without having to listen to  the smug, sometimes borderline aggressive,and usually self-important comments.  We are all here because we love our eggs and we want to be the best grill masters we can be. The beauty of BBQ is that it should be a fun and relaxing way to put something yummy on the table, not fact-checking, taking pH levels, and getting out the bunson burner before you dare post a topic on a casual message board.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Dear Jerry,

Perhaps Stike isn't the only one who takes things a little too seriously and should learn to laugh at small stupid stuff somebody types into their computer.  Even if it's aimed at them.  I'm just sayin...

your pal,

Fred

Flint, Michigan
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    It is easier to point out faults than admit to them, I know this from personal experience ;)

Gerhard
  • Diptip
    Diptip Posts: 45
    Options
    Maybe I should come back too. =P~
    In an idiots head.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    :-O
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Diptip said:

I hope you do!!!!!!

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I hope you do!!!!!!
    +1
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Who is it that's coming back? Tweev?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Still a newb myself, I am excited that Stike "will be back"  sure he can be abrasive but, no one is holding a gun to your head to read his posts or his comments.  I am easily offended and can say I have loved my time on the forum, and have felt very welcome by all here!!  I was not surprised that Rub and Stike got into it, there were like oil and water and just should not mix.  

Now, let's get back to egging!!  
    :-*
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    Who is it that's coming back? Tweev?

That'd be awesome!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    jerryp said:

At the risk of becoming the turd in the punchbowl, ......

A valid point, worth making.  I will miss Stike if he is not around.  On the basis of one day's posts I don't need the Rub dude to ever come back.  There is at least one other missing "big name" that made a lot of noise with little value added, that I can do without if he stays gone.  This site should be fun, and not a forum for snide attacks.  I understand getting frustrated with the same questions all the time, I just step aside and watch newer Eggers who are getting the hang of it help their even greener neophytes.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    To bad, Stike has been a big help, and he seemed to always respond to newbies (me) with advice.  CT, your sticking around right?
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Little Steven
    Options

In his own words, stike (no capitalisation) is quite an idiot. I could post a pic to prove the point but all of the photo hosting sites seem to hate me

• BigGreenDave
    Options
    Figures. I could kick his adze. Punk. Thi ks he's so funny He once made fun of my joke when i said i cooked squirrels. He must be a angry lonely person. Does he even have a friend to take the pickture? I hate you stike. Maybe if you were nicer you would not half been band
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
  • Little Steven
    Options

Hey Dave,

Long time no see. You are absoloutely right about him and I hated the way he made fun of you (and me). I hope he gets a vile venereal disease and rots

• BigGreenDave
    Options
    Actualy. Is that a yingling where his dingaling? He may not be so bad after all
  • Little Steven
    Options

Dave,

I didn't get close enough to see the label

• BigGreenDave
    Options
    Hi steven. I posted the same time when you did so i didint see your reply. Is that for serios a picture of him? Neil Armstrong died yesterday. Why couldnt it half been stike instead?