Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stike Banned?

Comments

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    I didn't and I personally quoted Rubmyrock. (it wasn't pretty what he said about the people who were supporting sike)
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,669
    Is it just me or I did not see a single individual supporting Rubmyrock?

edited August 2012
    Well, we'll know Stike is back when we see posts that are 8 paragraphs long. :P He sure did add a lot to the forum though, so did VI before his hiatus. It never ceases to amaze me how heated these discussions can become. Wouldn't think so in a BBQ forum, but people are people I guess....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Well, we'll know Stike is back when we posts that are 8 paragraphs long. :P He sure did add a lot to the forum though, so did VI before his hiatus. It never ceases to amaze me how heated these discussions can become. Wouldn't think so in a BBQ forum, but people are people I guess....
    Yep.  The first paragraph to answer your question, then seven more to show you how much he knew about the topic :)

I always looked for his answers and posts.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    The problem here is a problem online in general. Many people seem to think that civility doesn't matter online if they are anonymous. They say things they would never say to someone's face.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    That's too bad. Me likey stikey.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Stike is gone. He was inthe process of shutting down his account when he got into it with rock. I've been taking a little break so I didn't see it go down. I did talk to Stike though. Not sure of he will be back or not.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • defCon5
    defCon5 Posts: 16

Hope stike comes back. He has helped me as a new egger, the guy knows his stuff, and IMO he was willing to come along side a newbie, and give them information to better their skills.

COME ON BACK STIKE, you added a lot to the forum.
    No doubt !!! Stike was the first and only person to comment when I had a noob question last week. Thats just raw to ban one who is willing to reach out with advice to anyone in need regardless the circumstances.

Come on Mods, let's bring back @stike!
  • defCon5 said:

Hope stike comes back. He has helped me as a new egger, the guy knows his stuff, and IMO he was willing to come along side a newbie, and give them information to better their skills.

COME ON BACK STIKE, you added a lot to the forum.
    No doubt !!! Stike was the first and only person to comment when I had a noob question last week. Thats just raw to ban one who is willing to reach out with advice to anyone in need regardless the circumstances.

Come on Mods, let's bring back @stike!</

It ain't the mods. Stike was gone either way. Think he might have just wanted to go out in style :)

Hope he comes back but who knows?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Stike is gone. He was inthe process of shutting down his account when he got into it with rock. I've been taking a little break so I didn't see it go down. I did talk to Stike though. Not sure of he will be back or not.
    That's too bad. I was hoping to discuss my trip to Karl's in Peabody with him. It was him who finally made me decide to make the trip there.....and it was sooooo worth it.

If you ever read this Stike.....thanks for mentioning Karl's here!
  • Wow, I go away for a weekend, an looks what happens!
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Wow, I go away for a weekend, an looks what happens!
    so this is all your fault then lol never go away again  :D somebody needs to watch over us this only proves we cant be trusted alone   :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

I will miss stike and his avatar. Giada.

Seriously, with as many posts as he has and with all the contributions made, forum MODS ought to address this.

Yes, sometimes some need a slap on the wrist, but not banishment.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    So much drama in the BGE...

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    lakewade said:

Ha ha....I lol'd!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    lakewade said:
    Its kinda hard being T D O double me
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • IMO 15,000+ posts is weird. Any other site, that activity gets you called a Troll. Just sayin.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489

I hope it's temporary.  Stike has been a mainstay and certainly helpful to me.  I would suggest: "Don't drink and post."  But who can do that?

My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Aviator

I hope it's temporary.  Stike has been a mainstay and certainly helpful to me.  I would suggest: "Don't drink and post."  But who can do that?

I can possibly do that, but by morning, forget what I was gonna say. :)

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    But I, some how, some way
    Keep missing Stike's funky green-egg tips like every single day.....
  • Aviator
    Is there a number (tel) that we can call and say "our" side of the story and ask for reconsideration ?

Chattanooga, TN.

• Brownie
    Could you cook a little sumthin,...... for stikey? ... and ....make a few friends if you need to.......
  • travisstrick

But I, some how, some way

Keep missing Stike's funky green-egg tips like every single day.....
    Blahahahaha! That made my day =))
  • travisstrick
    @Eggcelsior I think that qualifies as the best first post ever. My wife just came to check on me couse I'm lmao
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    IMO 15,000+ posts is weird. Any other site, that activity gets you called a Troll. Just sayin.

Stike was on the original eggheadforum before there was the split around 14-15 months ago that led to this site. There are many posters on the "other site" (now greeneggers.com) with 10k+ posts and when the split occurred the post numbers (within an order of magnitude) transferred here.  So, most of his numbers were before you likely found the BGE-FYI-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited August 2012
    lousubcap said:
    IMO 15,000+ posts is weird. Any other site, that activity gets you called a Troll. Just sayin.

Stike was on the original eggheadforum before there was the split around 14-15 months ago that led to this site. There are many posters on the "other site" (now greeneggers.com) with 10k+ posts and when the split occurred the post numbers (within an order of magnitude) transferred here.  So, most of his numbers were before you likely found the BGE-FYI-
    In addition, this site routinely has members who refuse to search which leads to many many repeated questions.  Someone has to tell them to not soak their wood, answer "the best way" threads and why they shouldn't sear with Olive Oil.  Stike was that guy. :-B

Honestly, he earned that post count with very in-depth responses.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Brownie
    I loving memory of stikes dry aged beef.

You will be missed!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    And I was foolish enough to make the comment that led to the above pic that would turn dry-aged beef down a dirt road and no looking back!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    I don't think that I ever got into any conversations with Stike, but I have read a whole lot of his posts.  I have learned a lot from his answers to other peoples questions.  Especially about aging steaks.  

I hope he comes back.  I am going to miss his posts for sure.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Eggcelsior I think that qualifies as the best first post ever. My wife just came to check on me couse I'm lmao
    Thanks! I have been debating what to post for a while. I joined 1 month ago, and as was posted further up the thread, I used Stike, nolaegghead, you, Cen-tex Smoker and others to find well-researched tips on egging. Finding Stike-like comments on what I was looking for prevented re-posts. Nothing says BGE like early 90's gangsta rap.I had 2 drinks tonight. One for me and one for my homie, Stike.