Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about a cook tonight??

Options
GoonSlapper
GoonSlapper Posts: 106
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday, I got slated to host a poker night tonight w/ my friends who are in town for the holidays. I decided to pick up some meat to grill on the BGE. I picked up 2 pieces of tri-tip, and 1 round tip roast from Costco yesterday.

Searching the forum today, I decided that the round tip roast may not be the best thing to cook tonight, so I think I'll pick up something else, like beef tenderloin. Any other suggestions to cook with the tri-tip?

If I get the beef tenderloin, how should I cook both the tenderloin and tri-tip on the BGE? Should I cook them on a raised grid? Should I put them on the the grill at the same time? I can't recall how many lbs the tri-tip was, but it was a normal size you buy at Costco. I would like the tenderloin and 2 pieces of tri-tip to come off the grill at the same time. I'll definitely cook to temperature.

I'm also going to grill some fresh veggies (squash, eggplant, portabella shrooms). Any other veggies you can think of? I might grill some sweet potatoes as well.

Thanks