Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's leftover? Try this!

Options
chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I did have some left-over ABT's so I threw them in the fridge for later (along with a bacon-wrapped scallop). The next morning I'm thinking "Hmmm what about an ABT omlete?" So I took a couple of fresh eggs (we have chickens), sliced up the ABTs and scallop (remove the toothpicks of course) and made a delicious omlete! The jalopeno flavor, cream cheese, and bacon all blended together perfectly![p]Next time I'll make sure I make a few ABT's extra for the next morning's breakfast![p]chuckls

Comments

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    chuckls,[p]Dear God that's one of the most creative uses of a ABT I've seen yet. My first thought was "ugh..." then I thought, well why not? Jalapeno, cream cheese, and meat with egg. Sounds good now :-) heee Thanks for the idea
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    chuckls, not such thing as left over ABTs in my house - I call them "make aheads". I made 40 over the weekend and after smoking them I store them in Tupperware and eat 2 or 4 every night when I get home. I quick nuke brings them right back to snuff.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.