Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

receip for a whole rib eye beef loin

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like a receipt for preparing a whole rib eye beef loin for cooking on the Gig Green Egg.

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Ken, I do whole strip loins and ribeye loins quite often. I use a simple preparation that lets the taste of the meat shine through. I rub the whole loin down with some prepared garlic, the kind in the jar. I don't leave a whole lot on the loin, just get some garlic flavor on it. If you want more garlic, you can make slits and insert cloves around the loin. Then, I coat the outside of the loin with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Cook at 350° using indirect heat until internal temp reaches ~140° in the center portion. This gives you medium-well on the ends and rare/medium-rare towards the center. I have found no additional benefit from searing direct before roasting indirect. The loins brown up very nicely and make a great presentation. Let us know how it goes![p]Jim