Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco new lump charcoal

2»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    Mr1egg said:
    Lol I took the pic from the internet, I took a pic myself but it was just the price and not the bag so I had to find one.
    Or…if that is you, you might want to burn your Reddit account to the ground. There are some tricksters on here who would love to know your Reddit handle lol. Don’t cross the streams! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Rockwood.

That is all.

Thank you.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 210
    is it worth travelling across the border for a bag or so of Rockwood? I can pretty much see the states from where I live. Rockwood has no penetration into the Canadian market which is understandable what with the labelling/duty requirements along with building a whole new supply chain up here..
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,974
    Kicked the tires today. Too dense for my liking.

canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,756
    zaphod said:
    is it worth travelling across the border for a bag or so of Rockwood? I can pretty much see the states from where I live. Rockwood has no penetration into the Canadian market which is understandable what with the labelling/duty requirements along with building a whole new supply chain up here..
    Yes 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,594
    zaphod said:
    I would give it a go.  That said, given you have access to Maple Leaf and Basques then it is not the jump compared to those.  But "window open, window shut" worth the experiment.  
    I do get a couple of bags of Basques every year from a distributor in New York State just to enjoy. Cannot find Maple Leaf anywhere in the Lower 48.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 210
    road trip!
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • zaphod said:
    have you tried the Maple FSC that you can get in Canadian Tire?
    Maple Leaf Premium 100 Natural FSC Hardwood Lump Charcoal For BBQ Grilling 8-Kg Front_Three_Fourths_Angled_Right
    Right product but crappy tire price is still too high at $26.99 (was $29.99 last year IIRC).
    Last year some of us bought from BMR in Quebec, on sale for less than $19.99/8kg bag, $10 coupon for mailing list sign-up, free shipping to Ontario for minimum $75 purchase. BMR regular price is still 19.99 but haven't noticed any sale and free shipping lately.
    I took advantage of that one, thanks to @Canugghead. Let’s please alert one another if that deal pops up again!