Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goodness Gracious, Great BALLS of Fire!

cmac610
cmac610 Posts: 216
So I was raised on a family ranch in Nor Cal and had my first taste of Rocky Mountain Oysters as a youngster during the annual branding…no big deal. So when I saw a couple of huge bull balls at Alpine Butcher in Lowell, MA, I just had to. 

Usually fried, I decided to smoke these “Calf Fries”. After removing the outside membrane, they were brined for 4 days then dried and left uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours before smoking. Hit them with some beef tallow for the binder and then what rub did I use? Meat Church “Deez Nuts” of course. On the MM at 225° for about 90 minutes, then chilled and sliced. Throw ‘em on a cracker or even better a charcuterie board. 

If you ever get the chance, give ‘em a try. They’re pretty damn tasty. That is, if you have the balls to do it! 😜

Craig aka Cmac Cooks
Amesbury, MA
#BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.

Comments