Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing: Super Bowl Edition

Options

Comments

• Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 143
    Options
    @RRP thinking of making your Texas Dip, what type of sausage do you use?
    Carrollton, Va
  • RLS
    RLS Posts: 43
    Options
    Looking at making Pig Shots, unless I find the recipe for Lil' smokies in Polish sausage covered with Jimmy Dean sausage formed into meatballs. Seems to me after that they were wrapped in bacon, but I can't remember. Nor can I remember what they are called.

Rick
    Rick in Tampa
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,646
    Options
    I will be doing a short rib stew in the crockpot served with peas over mash, serve yourself so no interruptions!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    Chief9 said:
    @RRP thinking of making your Texas Dip, what type of sausage do you use?
    I just use mild since there are already enough tastes in the recipe. I have found that the pound tubes crumble up better than freshly ground sausage. BTW I did use 5 large cloves of garlic in my batch yesterday. I hope you like it!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,728
    Options
    Legume said:
    No idea.  I have two butts in the fridge, a Costco pack of wings and a nice brisket flat (cooked before Christmas) in the freezer.  Options, I have options.
    Decision made for me, pork butts froze solid in the garage fridge 😂
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    edited February 10
    Options
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,413
    Options
    🤮 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• otter
    otter Posts: 344
    Options
    Doing wings. Dusted with cornstarch and in the fridge.
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,753
    Options
    Legume said:
    WTF did I just see...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    WTF did I just see...
    I love that guy - his takedowns on the (crappy) home chef videos are fantastic.  Most seem to be all ingredients you can buy at a gas station.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,283
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,859
    edited February 11
    Options
    @danhoo- Nice trim to nail that point.  I won't ask how you intend to cook as the burnt ends response always lurks.  You can wow with just rolling that to the finish line and then brisket sliders.  
    As you are ware the high fat content means it will likely probe smooth relatively early compared to getting all the fat rendered.   If in doubt roll into the 205-210*F finish temp assuming it's all probe smooth by then.  
    Enjoy the SB-
    Any prop bets on how many times Taylor will be seen on network TV?  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WoodworkerBED
    Options
    Nothing too adventurous,  we are going to be doing wings on our LBGE using the recent recipe from the Mother Ship.  BGE Sweet & Smokey rub followed by BGE Valhalla Onion Barbecue Sauce.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,764
    Options
    Only partially BGE related, but I will be cooking some brisket chili with the cubed remnants of a brisket I smoked this summer.
    Stillwater, MN
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 690
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @danhoo- Nice trim to nail that point.  I won't ask how you intend to cook as the burnt ends response always lurks.  You can wow with just rolling that to the finish line and then brisket sliders.  
    As you are ware the high fat content means it will likely probe smooth relatively early compared to getting all the fat rendered.   If in doubt roll into the 205-210*F finish temp assuming it's all probe smooth by then.  
    Enjoy the SB-
    Any prop bets on how many times Taylor will be seen on network TV?  =)
    I'm going to smoke the point and flat and slice for sammies. I want it ready by kickoff.

Just lit JD XL. 

I'll stabilize temp at 200F and go to bed.

Wake up at 5am, put meat on and back to bed. 

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • danhoo
    Options

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    3.5 lb. Prime Brisket Point heading for burnt ends. 
    Love the size of those chunks of pepper. Great eats await. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,419
    Options
    What’s left of pork loin with peach barbecue sauce. Will probably turn it into pork chili verde.
  • danhoo
    Options
    12.30 pacific time. Ready to wrap.

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 669
    Options
    120 Wings on the XL with the AR. Someone else is bringing a brisket. Supposed to be my Daughter's party but it is at my house, I bought all the food, am doing all of the cooking and she and her friends aren't showing up until it starts.  Oh well, I quess that is what parents are for .....
    Milton, GA.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    SGH said:
    Snake River Farms wagyu beef ribs. 4 hours in and looking pretty good. 

Retirement must be treating you pretty good, Scottie! Snake River Farms wagyu beef ribs no less! 

Wish I had Scottie's money...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    @RRP

Unfortunately I have not retired. This is this first day I have had off since October. I’m currently working on Hess Black Pearl project. Sadly retirement is still a couple of years away for me my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,350
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP

Unfortunately I have not retired. This is this first day I have had off since October. I’m currently working on Hess Black Pearl project. Sadly retirement is still a couple of years away for me my friend.  
    Cheers to overalls and close shaves in the meantime. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,859
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP

Glad you dropped in and in top form.  SRF Dinos are as good as it gets.  Those look every bit the part.  
    You must be banking serious $$ for that Caribbean island.  
    BTW- have not bled out with the Muhle R 41 you suggested in 2022.  Does a sweet job on my dome!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.