Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ISO: Ceramic Grillworks Two Level Swing Grate

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,167
edited August 2023 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends,

I know Franco gave up making these like ten years ago, but I’m still using mine in almost every cook. With bringing my FOURTH egg to the house, I thought I’d poke around and see if there were any on eBay, etc. 

Anyone see these things around for a Large?
8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Make sure you call the fire department and let them know before you do a clean burn!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Does anyone in Greensboro carry George’s bbq sauce in gallon containers?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• MaskedMarvel
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Make sure you call the fire department and let them know before you do a clean burn!
    Does anyone in Greensboro carry George’s bbq sauce in gallon containers?
    I definitely have a video somewhere of a clean burn of that thing lol

georges bbq sauce? I am not familiar ..

EDIT:

https://www.georgesbbqsauce.com/original-bbq-sauce

they have it by the gallon there, my friend!
    i’ll have to check it out!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,692
    Options
    I have sold a ton of the Smokeware ones.  There's not as heavy, and you use your existing lower grate, but for $60-70 it's a great deal.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,373
    Options
    I also have a smokeware one.  I love it.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Swmbo is passing through, I thought Neese spicy sausage might be pushing it so I didn’t ask lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,753
    Options

Swmbo is passing through, I thought Neese spicy sausage might be pushing it so I didn’t ask lol.
    Weak. you will never find the limit, until you push it. Then you'll know where to stop in the future =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,255
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thanks for that, Ron.  Relatively cheap as far as these things go!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,701
    edited August 2023
    Options
    IIRC someone in the original forum 'invented' the stacking contraption? it was offered with a group discount and I bought one. I suspect it eventually became Smokeware?
    Edit: it came with a short collar to increase the height of the upper grid.
    canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,736
    Options
    IIRC someone in the original forum 'invented' the stacking contraption? it was offered with a group discount and I bought one. I suspect it eventually became Smokeware?
    I was part of that group buy. Still haven’t used it.  :)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    I certainly could be wrong here, but that "invention/solution" smacks so much like a Char Woody (C~W) idea that I would be surprised if I was wrong! That man did SO VERY MUCH to the development of the BGE accessories you would be amazed, but old Fred never got much credit for his brilliance! BTW Fred was a railroad mechanic in IA.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I rock the SmokWare on a L and MiniMax and love them - sometimes for real estate and sometimes because I want to cook higher in the dome. 
  • Givengold3
    Options
    I have one that I am no longer using.  Shipping may be a pain, depending on where you are.  I'm in the SF Bay Area.
    Concord, CA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,102
    edited August 2023
    Options
    It wasn't CGS but I want to say it was some place out of Texas?  You're 100% correct about it coming with a collar extension.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    It wasn't CGS but I want to say it was some place out of Texas?  You're 100% correct about it coming with a collar extension.
    I found it:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1151906/bge-grill-extender-group-buy/p1

I want to say they ended up being around $25 with shipping. Super cheap. I've had one attached in my large since the initial purchase, one in my parents large, and one boxed up somewhere yet. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @WeberWho good job finding it. Ya, they probably paid double or triple to ship to GWN. I haven't used mine since getting the XL.
    canuckland
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Options
    @alaskanassasin & @MaskedMarvel --George's by the gallon-yep!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    wwinnc said:
    @alaskanassasin & @MaskedMarvel --George's by the gallon-yep!
    Thanks! I kept checking this thread for some validation. I know you can make it at home but if’s nice to have some authentic NC BBQ sauce 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I found it:

I want to say they ended up being around $25 with shipping. Super cheap. I've had one attached in my large since the initial purchase, one in my parents large, and one boxed up somewhere yet. 
    I have one of those for my XXL.  It holds an XL grate.  I haven't tried it yet (at least not for chicken wings) but by my calculation I should be able to do about 180 chicken wings at a time.   =)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• RRP
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I found it:

I have one of those for my XXL.  It holds an XL grate.  I haven't tried it yet (at least not for chicken wings) but by my calculation I should be able to do about 180 chicken wings at a time.   =)
    WOWSER!!! 180??? You, Sir must have more friends than I ever even dreamed of having! =)=)=)
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 950
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My sister Beulah had chicken wings. Momma didn't want anybody to know, thats why she wrapped her in a shawl like a grandma. The thing is I did my research and grandma's used shawls because their torsos got cold, not because they had chicken wings, when you figure that out, the whole premise falls apart
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    I have one that I am no longer using.  Shipping may be a pain, depending on where you are.  I'm in the SF Bay Area.
    I’m in NC

you have the CGW STEEL one? 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• WeberWho
    Options
    RRP said:
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I found it:

WOWSER!!! 180??? You, Sir must have more friends than I ever even dreamed of having! =)=)=)

My buddy and I when we were younger had a wing competition on who could eat more. I hit 50 wings and I was done. My buddy crushed me with 73 wings. He's also 6'6 and I don't think I had much chance but I talked a good game. I'm nowhere near that mark anymore but man do I love to crush some wings. 

Minnesota
  • Foghorn
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I found it:

My buddy and I when we were younger had a wing competition on who could eat more. I hit 50 wings and I was done. My buddy crushed me with 73 wings. He's also 6'6 and I don't think I had much chance but I talked a good game. I'm nowhere near that mark anymore but man do I love to crush some wings. 
    As I mentioned, I have not ever cooked that many.  I did 72 on my XL grate once so I'm guessing I could get 100+ or so on my XXL grate and if I filled up both grates I could get somewhere in that ballpark.

When I was in grad school there was a place that had 50 wings for $7.49.  A buddy of mine and I would go there to watch college basketball and we'd share 50 in the fist half and order another 50 at halftime and eat them in the 2nd half.  I don't recall feeling particularly full after that - but when the game was over and the wings were gone and we were out of money we would stop and call it a meal.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• RRP
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    I found it:

As I mentioned, I have not ever cooked that many.  I did 72 on my XL grate once so I'm guessing I could get 100+ or so on my XXL grate and if I filled up both grates I could get somewhere in that ballpark.

When I was in grad school there was a place that had 50 wings for $7.49.  A buddy of mine and I would go there to watch college basketball and we'd share 50 in the fist half and order another 50 at halftime and eat them in the 2nd half.  I don't recall feeling particularly full after that - but when the game was over and the wings were gone and we were out of money we would stop and call it a meal.
    Not sure where you were then nor when that was but knowing the price of wings today don’t you wonder what that establishment is or would be charging today for 50 wings? Surely it wouldn’t be $7.49 anymore! 

Just curious though - were those 50 full wings, or just 50 pieces of separated flats and dummies?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,811
    Options
    @RRP - in bar wing terminology a wing is either or flats or drummies. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    As mentioned above they were not full wings.  And this was in 1984-86. Today, it seems about $1/wing is the going rate.  Fortunately, I don't eat 50 at a time anymore...

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Options
    I saw the writing on the wall x2  B)
    canuckland
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Greetings friends,

I know Franco gave up making these like ten years ago, but I’m still using mine in almost every cook. With bringing my FOURTH egg to the house, I thought I’d poke around and see if there were any on eBay, etc. 

Anyone see these things around for a Large?
    8-Damien

Bumping my old thread to hopefully see if anyone out there has one or two available…

thanks for the bandwidth!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE