Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sometimes I say traditional sides be damned!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
I just can't stand the smell of cabbage cooked for the traditional side dish with corned beef brisket which we LOVE!..2 years ago I ran across a cheesey hash brown recipe that we LOVE and IT goes quite perfect with corned beef brisket! And the cool thing is that there are no leftovers since they freeze SO WELL and can even be used as a side with other meats!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    I love cheesey hash browns. 

And now we’re going to need your recipe!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    RRP said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I love cheesey hash browns. 

And now we’re going to need your recipe!
    It is still in printed form in a recipe book so I will have to type it up for you this weekend …but trust me I WILL!
    You could snap a photo and just post it.

Interesting note on cheesey hash browns.  Cracker barrel charges you an extra $1.50 of you order regular hash browns.  There hash brown casserole (cheesey hash browns) are cheaper.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    Options
    I stand corrected!!! I was mistaken that i came from a recipe book. So here is that recipe and honest...it REALLY is delicious!
    https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cheesy-potato-casserole/30357dc0-fead-4289-b46b-7a72d8c862d4
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Thanks, Ron!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    I just can't stand the smell of cabbage 
    Agree 100%. It smells like a cross between a garbage dumpster on a hot summer day and rotten feet. It truly baffles me to no end that people actually eat it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    RRP said:
    I stand corrected!!! I was mistaken that i came from a recipe book. So here is that recipe and honest...it REALLY is delicious!
    https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cheesy-potato-casserole/30357dc0-fead-4289-b46b-7a72d8c862d4
    Thanks Ron . . . another one for "The List"!  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    Agree 100%. It smells like a cross between a garbage dumpster on a hot summer day and rotten feet. It truly baffles me to no end that people actually eat it. 
    Especially when anus is available!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    Especially when anus is available!
    Agree 100% my friend 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    You should write a cookbook!  You always have a lot of excellent recipes.
  • RRP
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    You should write a cookbook!  You always have a lot of excellent recipes.
    har har - but I'm more of a monkey see monkey do guy!