Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your secret sauce?

Options
2»

Comments

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Alabama White Sauce
    (fantastic on chicken)

2 cups mayonnaise

½ cup apple cider vinegar

¼ cup prepared extra-hot horseradish

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard

1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

1 teaspoon kosher salt

½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

¼ teaspoon garlic powder

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    caliking said:
    @calikings raita sauce needs mentioning, takes tzatziki to a whole nother level. eat with lamb, gyros, rice dishes..... eat it with a spoon
    Adding to the thread...

Ruff Raita

Yogurt 2 cups (use Greek if you want it thicker)
    Sour cream 1/4 cup
    Cilantro 2 bunches
    Mint several leaves
    Thai chiles 4-8
    Garlic several cloves
    Sugar 1tsp
    Salt to taste

Blitz it all together in a blender or food processor. Add more sour cream depending on how creamy you want it to be. May need to add an ice cube or two while blitzing.
    Sounds amazing. But,ahem, that clearly looks like measurements 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    caliking said:
    @calikings raita sauce needs mentioning, takes tzatziki to a whole nother level. eat with lamb, gyros, rice dishes..... eat it with a spoon
    Adding to the thread...

Ruff Raita

Sour cream 1/4 cup
    Cilantro 2 bunches
    Mint several leaves
    Thai chiles 4-8
    Garlic several cloves
    Sugar 1tsp
    Salt to taste

Blitz it all together in a blender or food processor. Add more sour cream depending on how creamy you want it to be. May need to add an ice cube or two while blitzing.
    Sounds amazing. But,ahem, that clearly looks like measurements 
    Had to come up with measurements under duress. As is often the case, “they made me do it.”

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Ok, today I’m having a smash burger showdown between 4 pickle free sauces!! I’ll let you know the results after my gathering later today!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Quesadilla sauce - just a squirt across the cheese and then add the meat and more cheese and close up then grill. Flows through the whole dilla and tastes fantastic!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Ohh… I never posted results?!?

from the burger sauces every sauce was someone’s favorite. And what I learned was that sauces are better than sauce? 

My favorite is the HP sauce but double everything except the mayo, with a layer of the boom boom sauce too.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    Adding to the thread...

Ruff Raita

Sour cream 1/4 cup
    Cilantro 2 bunches
    Mint several leaves
    Thai chiles 4-8
    Garlic several cloves
    Sugar 1tsp
    Salt to taste

I have made this sauce, and can vouch that it is legit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    This stuff is incredible too, its some work, but 100% worth it.

https://seonkyounglongest.com/korean-flavored-soy-sauce/
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    How the heck did I lose sight of this thread?? So much awesome here. 

This stuff is incredible too, its some work, but 100% worth it.

https://seonkyounglongest.com/korean-flavored-soy-sauce/
    She's got a bunch of great recipes. There's a burnt garlic fried rice recipe on there somewhere, that is farkin' delicious. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    caliking said:
    Adding to the thread...

Ruff Raita

Sour cream 1/4 cup
    Cilantro 2 bunches
    Mint several leaves
    Thai chiles 4-8
    Garlic several cloves
    Sugar 1tsp
    Salt to taste

I have made this sauce, and can vouch that it is legit.

i make this as well, with the addition of cucumber like a tzatziki. anything lamb. might even make shrimp tacos this weekend with some
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I make a bleu cheese sriracha sauce we use on roasted beef, great on chicken wings too. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Haven’t made this in a long time, but this is really good. Great for cheesesteaks and cheesesteak calzones. I’ve since lost my pics of those. 

Blue Cheese and Marsala Sauce

Start with a Sauce Pan with EVOO that is heated to medium to medium high.  Add in one big crushed clove of fresh Garlic.  Let that get happy for a minute or two, then add in 2 TBSP of cooking marsala.  Let that simmer for a couple minutes, then add in 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.  Once that comes to a simmer, season it with some S&P.  Then add 6 ounces of Crumbled Blue Cheese and 1/3 cup freshly grated Mozzarella and stir until it is mostly melted.  At this point, take the pot off the burner and allow the Cheese mixture to cool to room temp before adding it to the sandwich/calzone.