Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Help Please

Options
2»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,491
    Options
    I would take that any day of the week.  Killer sandwich right there.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Pook said:
    Well, it was really good! Was super tender but some spots were more than others. I chopped it up and ate it in a sandwich mixed with some sweet baby rays. It was awesome. If it gets any better than this I don’t want to know about it! Thank you all for the help. I have to find out where my friend got this meat

I believe you mentioned SRF. If this is the case, Snake River Farms. They are very well known here. Some of the best. Have fun.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Pook said:
    You guys do some crazy complicated cooks on here. That’s why I don’t post much- mine are always so simple! This piece of meat was just too good not to post though, so wish me luck! 
    Great cook!  Post the simple stuff.  Most of mine are very simple and just to keep the flow going.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,633
    Options
    I was scared for you with the marbling on that - I thought you might have a bonfire on your hands.  Looks like it turned it well.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,367
    Options
    Pook said:
    Well, it was really good! Was super tender but some spots were more than others. I chopped it up and ate it in a sandwich mixed with some sweet baby rays. It was awesome. If it gets any better than this I don’t want to know about it! Thank you all for the help. I have to find out where my friend got this meat

Dirty Forks!

Jacksonville FL
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 567
    Options
    I love chuck cooked like a brisket.   

I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,270
    Options
    Kept it simple, nice. 

For another popular chuck roast recipe, look up Pepper Stout Beef. Same start as yours but you finish with a braise in Guinness, jalapeños, bell peppers, garlic, and Worcestershire. 
    Mountain View, CA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,045
    Options
    dmourati said:
    Kept it simple, nice. 

For another popular chuck roast recipe, look up Pepper Stout Beef. Same start as yours but you finish with a braise in Guinness, jalapeños, bell peppers, garlic, and Worcestershire. 
    Pepper stout beef with wagyu grade beef would be incredible.  Like a fat bomb inside your mouth.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,060
    Options
    Looks terrific!  I almost picked up a chuckie from Costco earlier after remembering your post. Should have. 
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 90
    Options
    My recommendation was gonna be to do "poor man's burnt ends"...looks like you pretty much read my mine (pretty similar). Food looks awesome!!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    glad to see the KISS principle worked out for you
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap