Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -Oakridge BBQ closing the doors-OT

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I hate to be "that guy", but maybe, and I know this is a stretch, someone bumped the dislike button while scrolling on a mobile device.  

Left hander maybe?  

Sometimes, I like to think the best, even when I know I'm probably wrong.  It prevents me from giving those people the satisfaction of knowing I saw the negative thing.

But, I agree (sorry no button) that disliking a "Happy Veteran's Day" post is a bit weak.  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Langner91 said:
    I hate to be "that guy", but maybe, and I know this is a stretch, someone bumped the dislike button while scrolling on a mobile device.  

Left hander maybe?  

Sometimes, I like to think the best, even when I know I'm probably wrong.  It prevents me from giving those people the satisfaction of knowing I saw the negative thing.

But, I agree (sorry no button) that disliking a "Happy Veteran's Day" post is a bit weak.  
    Certainly possible, in which case the offending party can correct their oversight at any time.

Or maybe this is an instance in which @The_Buffalo can shed some light and send the poster a polite DM.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,210
    Langner91 said:

Left hander maybe?  

Certainly possible, in which case the offending party can correct their oversight at any time.

Or maybe this is an instance in which @The_Buffalo can shed some light and send the poster a polite DM.
    Maybe @littlerascal56 can ask Ed for us while they are golfing?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    edited November 2022
    Langner91 said:

Left hander maybe?  

That happens occasionally.

Seems like 1-2 people, regularly, accidentally bump the dislike when reading the posts of the same few people. 

Edit: tends to happen more in the wee hours, when someone is deep in the bottle, and off his meds.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I always "accidentally" hit off-topic on @Botch 's post.  Then they took the button away.

• I always "accidentally" hit off-topic on @Botch 's post.  Then they took the button away.
    SO YOU WERE THE GUY!!!
  • caliking
    I always "accidentally" hit off-topic on @Botch 's post.  Then they took the button away.
    This is why we can't have nice things. Like non-anonymous dislikes.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,046
    I thought you always hit the "Dislike" button on my posts, not the "Off-Topic"; so, there's someone else here who really hates me?  :bawling:

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,579
    First rule of the BGE Forum-Never GAF.  
    Now, let the moderators/controllers bring back the dislike identity and the dynamics of this place will change in a heart-beat.  
    Spineless runs wild with no accountability now.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Best solution - get rid of all the like/dislike/thumbs up/thumbs down/ agree/disagree buttons.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    Best solution - get rid of all the like/dislike/thumbs up/thumbs down/ agree/disagree buttons.
    Why get rid of the like button?  That seems pretty harmless to me.  Plus, people need that endorphin hit man!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    I thought you always hit the "Dislike" button on my posts, not the "Off-Topic"; so, there's someone else here who really hates me?  :bawling:

No way my friend, never a dislike.  That is just mean.  Always an "Off-Topic" because it made me chuckle.  You are one of the nicest guys on the forum.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Received shipping notification today.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    Same here
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Me too. I was starting to wonder. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    edited November 2022
    lousubcap said:
    Now, let the moderators/controllers bring back the dislike identity and the dynamics of this place will change in a heart-beat.  

I'll admit, sometimes I click dislike if someone's racking them up (usually John) because it's kinda fun. I usually don't even read the offending post, or know why it's being downvoted, I just see 9 dislikes and immediately make it 10 b/c I don't like odd numbers. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,579
    Got the shipping notice today as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,510
    ordered same day but no notice yet
  • caliking
    edited November 2022
    SonVolt said:
    lousubcap said:

I'll admit, sometimes I click dislike if someone's racking them up (usually John) because it's kinda fun. I usually don't even read the offending post, or know why it's being downvoted, I just see 9 dislikes and immediately make it 10 b/c I don't like odd numbers. 
    For the past year or two, I have made it a point to dislike at least 1 of JIC's posts daily.

I think it gives the dislikowarts an instant boner when they see more than (their own) 2 dislikes. Sometimes I'll go back and unclick my dislike, to see if I can make  make them sad that it's just the two of them. =)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    caliking said:
    SonVolt said:
    lousubcap said:

For the past year or two, I have made it a point to dislike at least 1 of JIC's posts daily.

I think it gives the dislikowarts an instant boner when they see more than (their own) 2 dislikes. Sometimes I'll go back and unclick my dislike, to see if I can make  make them sad that it's just the two of them. =)

Pretty bold of you to assume both "dislikes" are from two IRL people, Cotton.

• caliking
    caliking said:
    SonVolt said:
    lousubcap said:

It's an assumption based on keen observation. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    SonVolt said:
    lousubcap said:

It's an assumption based on keen observation. 
    I have a shared login, so mine are really like 1/3 of a like/dislike.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,616
    I added 4 to my cart. Have not pulled the trigger. Don't need more rubs but..... Can't ever get them again!   Unless this is an elaborate ploy for him to buy ocean front realty by the new year!  I wonder if he has an old piece of furniture in his basement containing his recipes like the soup Nazi. . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Email today said it would still be several more weeks until I get my order.
    A couple of excerpts:
    We received well over a year's worth of orders in about a day and a half when the notice went out. 
    we will accept and fill ALL ORDERS received through Midnight CDST December 31, 2022 -- this means we will restock our spices and blend rub as many times as necessary to fulfill every order received
    We appreciate your patience and your business, but if you cannot wait, let me know and I will cancel your order right away.

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,119
    I got 2 emails from them today and I didn’t even order anything.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,510
    I havent received any emails and ordered the first day the notice came out. Also emailed them with order number and no reply
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Tspud1 said:
    I havent received any emails and ordered the first day the notice came out. Also emailed them with order number and no reply

Check your email for one from "Michael" rather than "OakridgeBBQ".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    we can no longer make a profit with our rubs so let me take in a years worth of orders. =) seems legit
    There used to be a local gun shop that would advertise on TV. His slogan was “I don’t want to make any money, I just love to sell guns.”
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!