Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chief Twit

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    If anyone starts an AceNine troll account, it’s not me. 
    My brain cannot apprehend why anyone would do that. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Now the employees are freaking out because they are losing some of their perks!  Snowflakes!
    Get rid of the snowflakes & sheep….and replace with wolves. Elon is a WOLF for sure!

Elon is like so many Republican business people that think they are savvy/genius/gifted leaders/innovators of the "free market".
    Their businesses are only alive because of government subsidies and contracts. That's a WingNut Wolf for ya!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited November 2022
    Now the employees are freaking out because they are losing some of their perks!  Snowflakes!
    Get rid of the snowflakes & sheep….and replace with wolves. Elon is a WOLF for sure!
    Is your goal here to make people laugh at you?  Because if it is, well… bravo man.

No John…the goal was to make you and your liberal fan base look stupid with all your acenine posts. Like you all are smarter than Elon. Dream on.
    Mission accomplished!  Well done John.

“acenine posts” - does that beat a pair of kings?

John- I misspelled that to suck you in…baited a hook and you took the bait…sucker. Some people (usually insecure ones) can only feel better if they feel superior in some way to someone else. A person who is constantly correcting others, even for minor things, may think this makes him look smarter and more impressive to people, and in his mind, covers up his weaknesses, but in actuality, it just makes him look like a pompous jerk. Basically this describes you John boy. And this is why so many people on this forum regard you as a jerk. You are not a nice person dude.
  • Now the employees are freaking out because they are losing some of their perks!  Snowflakes!
    Is your goal here to make people laugh at you?  Because if it is, well… bravo man.

No John…the goal was to make you and your liberal fan base look stupid with all your acenine posts. Like you all are smarter than Elon. Dream on.

John- I misspelled that to suck you in…baited a hook and you took the bait…sucker. Some people (usually insecure ones) can only feel better if they feel superior in some way to someone else. A person who is constantly correcting others, even for minor things, may think this makes him look smarter and more impressive to people, and in his mind, covers up his weaknesses, but in actuality, it just makes him look like a pompous jerk. Basically this describes you John boy. And this is why so many people on this forum regard you as a jerk. You are not a nice person dude.
    You may very well be the most bat sh!t crazy human I have ever known to exist
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    If anyone starts an AceNine troll account, it’s not me. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Now the employees are freaking out because they are losing some of their perks!  Snowflakes!

You must not own a mirror…anywhere in your house.  Or you would see a “bat **** crazy person” in it every morning when you get up. Get a life, and quit sucking JIC’s **** to be his friend and loyal follower (sheep).  Your posts make you look simple minded and stupid.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

You must not own a mirror…anywhere in your house.  Or you would see a “bat **** crazy person” in it every morning when you get up. Get a life, and quit sucking JIC’s **** to be his friend and loyal follower (sheep).  Your posts make you look simple minded and stupid.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX

“I ONLY PRETENDED TO BE AN EPIC MORON WHEN I WAS INSULTING YOU SO YOU WOULD MOCK ME AND I COULD ONCE AGAIN PROVE HOW MUCH OF A JERK YOU ARE!” 

That all does seem very on brand for you.  Can’t believe I keep falling for the trap here.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Sick burn! 
  • Well…it appears the former president is back onTwitter via a poll of twitter members. He says he’s going to stick to Truth Social but I think the lure of 100m followers will be too much for him to pass up. 
  • Well…it appears the former president is back onTwitter via a poll of twitter members. He says he’s going to stick to Truth Social but I think the lure of 100m followers will be too much for him to pass up. 
    The endorphin hit of tweeting out to millions of people is not something Donald’s lizard brain will be able to resist for long.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    A summary of Elon and the CHEETO deal:
    "Sifting through the coverage this morning, two thing jump about about ELON MUSK’s decision to use a Twitter poll to decide Trump’s fate:

1. Musk will likely continue to B.S. his way through running his new toy, making decisions on a whim and without regard to previous promises. Recall that in late October, Musk tweeted about the process he would use for deciding whether to reinstate accounts: “Twitter will be forming a content moderation council with widely diverse viewpoints. No major content decisions or account reinstatements will happen before that.”

The “content moderation council” never surfaced, and that tweet is now deleted .

2. The timing of Musk baiting Trump to return to Twitter could damage Truth Social. Trump is reportedly contractually obligated to “make his posts exclusively available on Truth Social for eight hours before he could share them elsewhere,” according to the WaPo .

Despite that prohibition, Trump couldn’t help but nudge his fans to vote for his reinstatement on Musk’s rival platform. “Vote now with positivity, but don’t worry, we aren’t going anywhere,” Trump wrote . “Truth Social is special!”

But it’s not as special as he’d like. Trump Media and Technology Group, which owns Truth Social, was set to be taken public by Digital World Acquisition (DWAC). DWAC has been seeking a shareholder vote to extend the deadline for the takeover, but that vote has been delayed six times. It’s now scheduled for Tuesday. According to The New York Post , it’s not going well. If the extension vote fails, Digital World could be liquidated on Dec. 8.

What does this have to do with Musk? DWAC’s shares, which have plummeted some 80% this year, have been highly sensitive to news about Twitter being more hospitable to Trump fans and Trump’s potential return to the platform. DWAC shares slid all week last week — and that was before Trump’s reinstatement.

So Elon may know what he’s doing here if his goal is to cripple Truth Social and force Trump back onto Twitter. He seemed to hint that he believes Trump will come back when he tweeted today , “The most entertaining outcome is the most likely – my variant on Occam’s Razor.”

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,201
    Well…it appears the former president is back onTwitter via a poll of twitter members. He says he’s going to stick to Truth Social but I think the lure of 100m followers will be too much for him to pass up. 
    Well…it appears the former president is back onTwitter via a poll of twitter members. He says he’s going to stick to Truth Social but I think the lure of 100m followers will be too much for him to pass up. 
    I voted 'Yes', because this is way to much fun.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    I love that Elon uses **** you money for exactly that.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    I play a video game, Forza Horizon, through a glitch I have $999,999,999.  Usually you grind for like $10M.  I bought every car and every home.  Just for grins, I bought a few duplicates of a $143M car.

I play reckless now.  Just like Elon.

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I can see why it gave you some “pause”….LOL.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I can see why it gave you some “pause”….LOL.

This narrative is all over conservative media.  Let me explain it to you old man.  If your base gets educated, in other words, learns how to vet information, it exposes them to actual truth, and they don’t respond to the fear mongering which is the only reason they vote for conservatives, against their own interests.
    The "Old Man from Kansas" has a helluva chip on his shoulder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,085
    edited November 2022

It’s funny but when you called me an “over-educated idiot” I’d assumed you’d come up with that phrase on your own.  But now it seems it’s just another thing you read somewhere in the right-wing nutjob sphere and decided to parrot.  

Kind of ironic given the above excerpt, which is lamenting students repeating catch phrases and mantras instead of… thinking.  Your ability to self-own has to be bigger than anyone we’ve ever seen here.  Even the “buy shiba” guy had the good sense to go quiet at some point.  But you’re like the energizer bunny of stupid.  You just keep going and going and going…

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,348
    edited November 2022

Given the full article was not cited, only a partial paragraph, I may be missing something.  For me, the quoted text is descriptive of under-educated behavior, not over-educated.
    *edit to add... now that I think about, how could anyone ever be over-educated?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I enjoyed college.  I am not really sure what college/university these folks went too, but in obtaining my degree, I only had one instructor who was clearly biased and made it so obvious it was painful.  However, his bias was based on boobs.  You had boobs, you got an A.  The girls in my group laughed because they all had A's and rarely actually did the work.  It was English 101B and the instructor was a traveling clown in a theater troupe.  He supplemented his income by teaching English 101 classes.  I remember the class because it was 1 of the 2 Bs I received in college.

I found most instructors just taught their courses.  Outside class they would have discussions on other topics if you approached them, but in class it was a challenge just to get through the material they had to teach.

Most of the spririted discussions I had were with other college students.  Those were always fun. I love being challenged in my thoughts and positions.  If I cannot defend them and they cannot stand up to scrutiny, then are they worth having?

Btw, went into college a conservative, came out a conservative...only in last few years of the Trump **** show did I start to drift away from the current incarnation of a Republican party.  I actually contend that they drifted away from me.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    edited November 2022
    I can see why it gave you some “pause”….
    ….

Did the author of that piece consider the even faster growth of the MAGAt idiot bloc?

(used the watching-fox-news-at-home filter)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.