Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Rifle scopes day/night/thermal/etc

Hi all,

I know there are hunters / riflemen on this board so wanted to check in to see if anyone has any suggestions for a good, but affordable scope that suffices both day/night hunting.    I am currently leaning towards ATN as I won't use it but maybe 4-6x per year so don't want to spend thousands.    I have 3 friends that have ATN and then others that did go big $ with Pulsar and Armasight (I don't want to go that $ route).   

I currently run a Sig Sauer 5x20 for day time which I love but I'm pretty ignorant in the night space.

This will be mounted to either a .223 Wylde or 6.5 Grendel FWIW.

Thank you in advance
LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,212
    @SGH might have suggestions.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited October 2022
    @TechsasJim …Jump on Snipers hide forum and you will read info from the best shooters in the world.  I did most of my long range work with Nightforce and US Optics glass, but they are big bucks and I was hitting targets out to 1 mile.  Check out the forum under optics, and you can see what the shooters recommend for night work!
    If you are a serious shooter, it’s worth joining the forum.  Best people on the earth. Many are actual military snipers, and a lot of contractors (snipers) for the US Govt. Good people.  I built custom long range rifles for them in my shop (Xtreme Tactical Solutions) until I retired from the electric utility in 2019.  All are patriots, and support the USA.
    Warning-there won’t be trolls or stupid people on there like here- only professional snipers and shooters that make a living with surgical weaponry!
    Option 2- get on AR-15.com, and read section on optics and scopes. Lots of opinions.
  • “Warning-there won’t be trolls or stupid people on there like here- “

So no Nazi memes or racist attacks on other forum members then? That sounds refreshing. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,212
    @TechsasJim …Jump on Snipers hide ....  All are patriots, and support the USA.
    Warning-there won’t be trolls or stupid people on there like here- 
    Shots fired!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,764
    Following this thread. My AR-10 hog-pocalypse parts have shipped already. Gotta love a 20% off sale