Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Fingers crossed: OT

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
Unless you really are not AT ALL attuned to the stock market AND think your IRA or pension fund is secure...I hate to tell you, but you probably took a MAJOR HIT today!  

As a long term investor for 56 years now I have rode these waves UP and DOWN! My best advice is just "hang in there"!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Is "hang in there" code for buy crypto?
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LOL - or why NOT just wipe your butt with those dollars, or bet ALL your money on some nag which has your deceased aunt's name in the 7th run of some rigged harness race!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wonder how the Shiba coin is doing these days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    if bitcoin is "worthless" (as many say), but a bitcoin is "worth" $20,289.49 (spot) US dollars

what does that say about the US dollar.

something is worth what others will pay...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    all that is needed is Shiba to spike to a nickle and my kids,kids will be set
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    this you?

• rekameohs
    Options
    RRP said:
    but you probably took a MAJOR HIT today!  

Unless you need the money today (or tomorrow), don't worry about what the market does.  If you are still working, volatility is good.
    Raleigh, NC
  • Bellavista52
    Options
    Just don't look!
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • billt01
    edited September 2022
    Options
    billt01 said:
    this you?

"just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.."

and you have quite a bit of available time to do nothing..

School grant money hard at work..
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

This post is also yours, right?

It seems like on some level you understand what you’ve gotten into, but maybe not.  Shiba has lost about half its value since you recommended it last November.   Didn’t you once call it a “slot machine”?  Perhaps you should take your own advice.

As for my time it’s not like posts by a certain BillT01 on the internet are all that hard to find.  They are actually highly entertaining.  You might want to consider posting under another handle, like “CautionaryTale69” or something.  
  • billt01
    edited September 2022
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

It seems like on some level you understand what you’ve gotten into, but maybe not.  Shiba has lost about half its value since you recommended it last November.   Didn’t you once call it a “slot machine”?  Perhaps you should take your own advice.

As for my time it’s not like posts by a certain BillT01 on the internet are all that hard to find.  They are actually highly entertaining.  You might want to consider posting under another handle, like “CautionaryTale69” or something.  
    Perhaps you need to do a bit more internet investigating to determine the percentage of the ups and downs. I would think a math guy would have a better understanding of markets. Not everything is a blue chip where you buy it and hold it for years..

but its nice being in your head JIC.

happy surfing
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

Perhaps you need to do a bit more internet investigating to determine the percentage of the ups and downs. I would think a math guy would have a better understanding of markets. Not everything is a blue chip where you buy it and hold it for years..

I see, you’re killing it day trading!  Seems plausible from the guy who thinks heart disease is contagious and that you can catch it at the Mickey D’s drive through.  Good luck to you.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

I see, you’re killing it day trading!  Seems plausible from the guy who thinks heart disease is contagious and that you can catch it at the Mickey D’s drive through.  Good luck to you.
    I need more background on this.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited September 2022
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

In a few posts a while back he literally said heart disease is contagious.

Perhaps he confuses heart disease with cooties?? Or is it cooties that causes heart disease?? Off to WebMD...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2504129/#Comment_2504129

It was quite the exchange.
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

as to add your insults to my injury..I would like to admit the word contagious may have improperly used..

my point being that cardio vascular disease is more prevalent in the united states ~7 percent..

how one gets heart disease..well my view was disregarded... as a conscious decision to aviod what most certainly causes heart disease, fast food, as opposed to eating healthy..

good day sir..

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

as to add your insults to my injury..I would like to admit the word contagious may have improperly used..

my point being that cardio vascular disease is more prevalent in the united states ~7 percent..

how one gets heart disease..well my view was disregarded... as a conscious decision to aviod what most certainly causes heart disease, fast food, as opposed to eating healthy..

good day sir..

Kudos to you for your honesty and sincerity, Bill.  We could use more of that around here from everyone when they “may have” been wrong.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

good day sir..

Kudos to you for your honesty and sincerity, Bill.  We could use more of that around here from everyone when they “may have” been wrong.  

never admit it.....it shows weakness
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

good day sir..

never admit it.....it shows weakness

Exactly. Instead... double down!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• billt01
    Options
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

good day sir..

truth of the forum is some ideas are championed while some are ridiculed but many of them "may have been wrong"..depends on your alignment.. 
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    this you?

start here:

good day sir..

Good for you.  It seems as though you've passed the denial and anger stages and are well into the bargaining.

For what it's worth if you look back at that thread/discussion, your view of how one gets heart disease wasn't ever disregarded.  In fact one of my replies to you explicitly stated "I think it's pretty well established that diet is connected to heart disease."  It was just your opinion that this qualified as "contagious" people took issue with.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I thought my wife never let **** go lol! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina do you have a spreadsheet with everyone’s dumbass remark catalogued and referenced? Can you pull up 1/2” steaks or did that one get nuked I don’t recall. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina do you have a spreadsheet with everyone’s dumbass remark catalogued and referenced? Can you pull up 1/2” steaks or did that one get nuked I don’t recall. 
    I do, and it includes the time you tried to tell everyone that it's OK to wash and re-use condoms.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I do, and it includes the time you tried to tell everyone that it's OK to wash and re-use condoms.  
    It's Not? I'm armenian, we reuse everything  =)
    You know it's funny - I was surprised when you told me you had eight kids, but now it all makes sense!
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    As my Fidelity guy once told me:

"When the market is down, forget your login credentials!"
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    As my Fidelity guy once told me:

"When the market is down, forget your login credentials!"
    I shred my Morgan Stanley statements the moment they come in, unopened 

I only watch my Google stock 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian