Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Global Warming - Right & Wrong

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Legume said:
    Solar panels don’t work at night.
    Windmills don’t work on windless days.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Note the date.

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• BuckeyeFork
    Options
    More **** from the grass eaters.  They got roasted this time.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Well, cruising around the Caribbean and South Pacific during hurricane and typhoon season would be quite a ride.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

Roasted??? Hardly.
    Using wind to assist or power container/cargo ships is pretty futuristic and some of the technology proposals and projected cost savings in fuel and reduction of engine emissions is pretty impressive. Will be quite interesting to see which of the wind assisting technologies gain traction in the years to come.
    You should read up on the Oceanbird proposal - rather interesting: https://www.theoceanbird.com
    I look forward to your posting of someone else's snark about how getting electrical power from "windmills" roasts those folks concerned about the planet.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Very cool concept.  I thought this was all popular mechanics - futurist stuff.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Botch said:
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    ...those solar panels are so butt ugly and cost so much that even with subsidies 95% of the Public can't afford them. Don't get me started on those pesky LED lightbulbs. They break within months of installing them. 
    Solar panels are a lot less ugly than a coal-fueled power plant, and their costs keep going down.  
    And most of my house is now LED, and I haven't had one burn out yet.  :confused:  I did  have one of those Edison Fluorescents, and for some reason I saved the package with the 10-year Warrantee printed on the side, and the receipt, in my light bulb closet.  When it burned out after 5 years or so, I carefully boxed it up with the receipt and mailed it to them, asking for a replacement.  I didn't expect to hear from them (and I didn't) but I bet they did a double-take (provided they were even still in business).   
    That sir is "malicious compliance"
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,769
    Options
    Legume said:
    Very cool concept.  I thought this was all popular mechanics - futurist stuff.
    There's a nuke sub down below stabilizing it and towing it around....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BuckeyeFork
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Roasted??? Hardly.
    Using wind to assist or power container/cargo ships is pretty futuristic and some of the technology proposals and projected cost savings in fuel and reduction of engine emissions is pretty impressive. Will be quite interesting to see which of the wind assisting technologies gain traction in the years to come.
    You should read up on the Oceanbird proposal - rather interesting: https://www.theoceanbird.com
    I look forward to your posting of someone else's snark about how getting electrical power from "windmills" roasts those folks concerned about the planet.

This is just more of the same bs the dems have been floating forever.  They’ll be so much more expensive, they’ll still need big engines anyway and all to make these libs feel better about buying their Volvos and BMWs and all of their crap from
    China.  Buy American made and don’t let the woke left make you feel bad about it or convince you that the sky is falling.
  • Botch
    Options
    Bill Maher's piece last night kinda fits this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq043pEw5Dk

• Botch
    Options
    One week into September, and we hit 107˚today; common for CA/AZ/TX, not here.  And this afternoon I noted three more homes in my own neighborhood who were tearing out what's left of their lawn, and going xeriscape.  We're going to look like Phoenix in a couple more years....   :|  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    BuckeyeF*ck is exactly one of those guys that SWMBO would see daily, insisting they didn’t have Covid because it’s some Liberal conspiracy right before they are intubated and often live the rest of their short lives sedated before their organs all fail.

Baaaaa.
    It’s actually quite clever. The sheep will keep the weeds from growing up around the panels and the panels will give the sheep shade for their afternoon siestas. 
  • fishlessman
    edited September 2022
    Options
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Goats dancing a jig on expensive panels wouldn’t be optimal.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i dont see them working well in animal farms, animals be animals
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    open fields with turkey, deer, and hunters poaching wouldn work much either and/or the shrinking hunting spaces
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Windmills, on the other hand, don’t bother livestock at all. They also block minimal sunlight meaning crops can be grown on the same land. I saw that out West last October.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    I'm ok with them on land, not so much in the fishing grounds.  Seen a blade that broke off maybe a month ago going up I95.  Looked to be about 130 foot and it took about 2. Lanes plus
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Right those windmill blades break off all the time and can cut billions of fish
    Options

and they close the fishing grounds......oceans big, they can fish elsewhere like the places with no fish. seeing the broken blade i can say that they dont belong in cities either....but that seems to be ok with me =)

what happened to the gyroscope oscillating flywheel generating technologies they were working on, i remember seeing the aftermath of an expiremental one that exploded... atleast it was in a deep cement bunker underground.those companies developing it around me are all out of business now. those dont need sun, wind, natural  spaces.

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

and they close the fishing grounds......oceans big, they can fish elsewhere like the places with no fish. seeing the broken blade i can say that they dont belong in cities either....but that seems to be ok with me =)

what happened to the gyroscope oscillating flywheel generating technologies they were working on, i remember seeing the aftermath of an expiremental one that exploded... atleast it was in a deep cement bunker underground.those companies developing it around me are all out of business now. those dont need sun, wind, natural  spaces.

We have thousands of these windmills operating in the US these days.  The frequency with which there's some kind of a massive structural failure seems to be extremely low.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options

We have thousands of these windmills operating in the US these days.  The frequency with which there's some kind of a massive structural failure seems to be extremely low.  

my complaint is it will disrupt fishing for ground fish such as haddock and cod, maybe lobster as well if you cant drop traps or dredge bottom. i only mentioned the broken blade because it was huge, pretty much stopped traffic up i95 into maine from mass, maybe 50 wide load cars and cruisers and fire trucks following it. i think it was going to a testing facility to find out what failed.  was good timing with the new ezpass system widening the interstate.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    windmills are just a communication device network so those good doer democrats can call home. alien lizard people are real

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I think we can file this under “wrong”

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike