Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Celebrating Thursday June 9th, what are you all cooking?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
edited June 2022 in EggHead Forum
Anyone cooking something fun today?  I might be doing hamburgers with bratwursts on top, saw George Motz (Burger Scholar) do these.

(Apparently there is some newsworthy things starting today, this has nothing to do with that)
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Really surprised there are no cooks for 6/9?  Surely someone has something special planned.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I can’t make head or tail of this thread
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Tailgating before our softball game. Brats on the Blackstone.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    I’m definitely eating cake
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    Options
    Open faced roast beef sammies.
    Memphis, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Tossed salad, in-and-out animal style, plenty of nut butter, some hot pockets, you know, the usual.
    Options
    Originally posted on the OT Thread but thought many here would appreciate the perspective- (Not cooking anything but awaiting the blow back after its concluded-popcorn anyone?)
    "ICYMI: Fox Corp. execs will move the hearings off of their news channel, and bumping their news anchors to its lower-performing business channel instead. It's a curious choice in light of the historic nature of frankly any attempted insurrection here in the states; but the coverage strategy is, of course, very on-brand for Fox and its overwhelmingly Republican-leaning audience. The Associated Press and the New York Times have more on the topic.  

About that choice: "Under U.S. law, freedom of the press means that Fox absolutely has the right to do this," New York University journalism professor Jay Rosen tweeted Tuesday. "By not carrying Thursday's hearing Fox is standing up for the rights of its viewers—more specifically, the right not to know. Not to see," he said, and clarified: "There is a kind of perverse public service standard there. Fox is protecting its public from the news."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Crow.
    Served cold.

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    This is a fairly thorough indictment, and it’s just getting started.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Options
    This is a fairly thorough indictment, and it’s just getting started.
    If there was a three-story "Agree" button I could drive my car into, I would do so.
    But, again, the cult members who need to be seeing this, right now, are watching Traitor carlson.  

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    🤦‍♂️
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Seriously?  This is the most ridiculous political showboating I've ever seen. Does it mention that Trump requested 20,000 National Guard to insure that things wouldn't be a problem (unlike the summer before with hundreds of riots and attempts at killing law enforcement ...like firebombings in Portland after trying to blockade people inside). Nancy and the head of the Capitol police denied the request. Didn't want to give up an opportunity to twist the narrative. Trump specifically said go peacefully and let your voices be heard....so many libtards on this site
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Seriously?  This is the most ridiculous political showboating I've ever seen. Does it mention that Trump requested 20,000 National Guard to insure that things wouldn't be a problem (unlike the summer before with hundreds of riots and attempts at killing law enforcement ...like firebombings in Portland after trying to blockade people inside). Nancy and the head of the Capitol police denied the request. Didn't want to give up an opportunity to twist the narrative. Trump specifically said go peacefully and let your voices be heard....so many libtards on this site
    Root causes Jimmy.  Did you miss the wee bit about what led up to this day?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    stv8r said:
    I believe what has been mentioned is that for about three hours while the Capitol was being breached, Trump did… absolutely nothing.  He didn’t call the national guard, the FBI, the Pentagon, his secretary of Defense, anyone.  All he did was watch TV and ignore the pleas of everyone from his staff to family members to do something, anything.  For three hours.

But… libtards, I guess.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Quick trigger on the dislikes there.  I guess the   ❄️are out in force tonight.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    And concerning Trump’s request for 20,000 national guard that Pelosi turned down, I am guessing it hasn’t been mentioned because… it never happened.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/16/fact-check-no-trump-request-10000-guard-troops-jan-6/8929215002/

These are the sorts of things you start to believe if you get all of your news from particular sources.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    And concerning Trump’s request for 20,000 national guard that Pelosi turned down, I am guessing it hasn’t been mentioned because… it never happened.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/16/fact-check-no-trump-request-10000-guard-troops-jan-6/8929215002/

These are the sorts of things you start to believe if you get all of your news from particular sources.

The next 'v8r tells his tale the number of troops Trump allegedly requested will be 40,000...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Yep, and you get your sources from USA Today, or at least as you cite.   🤦‍♂️    

Clearly some of us will just disagree which is great.   We shouldn’t all agree, that’s what makes America great (or how it used to be great), we can all have our own opinions that don’t agree with one another but still get along.   

It’s the hostility that’s fraying our nation.   

Just my .02
  • Botch
    edited June 2022
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Seriously?  This is the most ridiculous political showboating I've ever seen. Does it mention that Trump requested 20,000 National Guard to insure that things wouldn't be a problem.  Nancy and the head of the Capitol police denied the request. 
    Could your provide proof of this?  I learned that trumptraitor STOOD DOWN the DC Nat'l Guard.  

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/01/07/this-is-why-the-national-guard-didnt-respond-to-the-attack-on-the-capitol/

I'm looking forward to seeing Your information; if you're just making this up, why don't you just STFU?  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

That was just the first link that came up on a fact check search.  There are a lot of them.  

If you have evidence that it’s wrong, by all means feel free to post it.  Everyone is surely entitled to their own opinions, but I don’t think everyone is entitled to their own facts.  Hopefully we can at least come to agreement on those.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    John, bottom line, none of us will ever know what really happened.   I don’t want to engage in something that isn’t wholly factual.   I don’t have the facts - as I suspect you don’t either.  

If we leave our “facts” to the media I think we are all foolish.   That’s just my take.   
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Clearly some of us will just disagree which is great.   We shouldn’t all agree, that’s what makes America great (or how it used to be great), we can all have our own opinions that don’t agree with one another but still get along.   

It’s the hostility that’s fraying our nation.   

Just my .02
    We can disagree on lots of things, but the obscene criminality and lack of respect for this country that this hearing is putting on display, I don’t see how there is anything to disagree on.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    John, bottom line, none of us will ever know what really happened.   I don’t want to engage in something that isn’t wholly factual.   I don’t have the facts - as I suspect you don’t either.  

If we leave our “facts” to the media I think we are all foolish.   That’s just my take.   
    I think some facts can clearly be established.  If you can’t admit even that, then there is of course no point in continuing.   

You don’t have to leave anything to the media.  Much of this is a matter of public record.  Or you can just admit that what is out there doesn’t align with the way you prefer to view the world, and as such is mostly just inconvenient.  
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    I’m going back to the “what are drinking now” thread.   It’s more fun over there
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    @TechsasJim- you can’t win this one…you will evoke the wrath of all the trolls if you continue! 
  • BenfordSlaw
    Options
    This used to be a much more friendlier place!