Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Memphis in May Results

loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,759
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    I see Jack's Old South didn't do as well this year. Big Bob Gibson didn't either.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    gotta wonder about the grand champ…Blues Hog head guy was from tiny and I do mean TINY Perry, MO died a few years ago…and his co-partner lives in  Centralia, MO and started his own biz called Sticky Pig. 

Blues Hog is now a  product made commercially by “someone” for ‘someone”

I just wonder if there is any connection to the past.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

• Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Was wondering where that guy was. Been busy I guess. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    edited May 2022
    RRP said:
    gotta wonder about the grand champ…Blues Hog head guy was from tiny and I do mean TINY Perry, MO died a few years ago…and his co-partner lives in  Centralia, MO and started his own biz called Sticky Pig. 

@RRP Blues Hog sauce is in some of the local grocery stores, I haven't tried it.
    Is there a specific variety that you recommend trying?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    HogFather said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker busy indeed.

My box was terrible looking but it mustav been delicious. (That's what she said)

Congratulations!  Very cool accomplishment!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    GregW said:

@RRP Blues Hog sauce is in some of the local grocery stores, I haven't tried it.
    The Original is good stuff, though I find it too sweet for my taste so I mix it 50/50 with Blue's Tennessee Red. Then one of my favorite uses of TR itself is as a finishing sauce drizzled over pork tenderloin medallions. If you have guests over tell them you slaved for hours making that finishing sauce LOL!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    HogFather said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker busy indeed.

My box was terrible looking but it mustav been delicious. (That's what she said)

awesome job @HogFather
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I like the Blues Hog Tennessee Red also.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    I fed the bread portion of the meals for the team at the Shed BBQ their non BBQ meals. Good friend of mine is the EC for Tony Chachere’s and is on their cooking team
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's not really me. I stole the pictures from the internets. I'm just a troll here from Kentucky...Man ya'll are gullible
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    GregW said:
    RRP said:

@GregW mix the blues hog original with the tennessee red for a competition cook's first secret sauce. (most on the comp trail start with that or something similar in my area)   

It's damn good
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    HogFather said:
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's not really me. I stole the pictures from the internets. I'm just a troll here from Kentucky...Man ya'll are gullible
    gullible is not even in the dictionary 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian