Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Top Gun, Maverick - Friday Special

Options
13

Comments

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options

    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Come on now, @Ozzie_Isaac - stay on topic man!   We’re talking about Top Gun here.  Unless you want me to take your sacred cow of a thread sideways… 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Come on now, @Ozzie_Isaac - stay on topic man!   We’re talking about Top Gun here.  Unless you want me to take your sacred cow of a thread sideways… 
    @nolaegghead is already trying that.  However, my greatest strength is also my greatest weakness, and I shall acquiesce.


    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    I never understood the attraction to Kelly McGillis, looks or character. I remember thinking as a kid Goose has the right girl.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Come on now, @Ozzie_Isaac - stay on topic man!   We’re talking about Top Gun here.  Unless you want me to take your sacred cow of a thread sideways… 
    @nolaegghead is already trying that.  However, my greatest strength is also my greatest weakness, and I shall acquiesce.


    That scene is almost as good as this. 




    Las Vegas, NV


  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I never understood the attraction to Kelly McGillis, looks or character. I remember thinking as a kid Goose has the right girl.
    I remember thinking as a kid “just show her boobs, just show her boobs, come on! Boobs!”
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I never understood the attraction to Kelly McGillis, looks or character. I remember thinking as a kid Goose has the right girl.
    I remember thinking as a kid “just show her boobs, just show her boobs, come on! Boobs!”
    And then Witness came out…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    I never understood the attraction to Kelly McGillis, looks or character. I remember thinking as a kid Goose has the right girl.
    I remember thinking as a kid “just show her boobs, just show her boobs, come on! Boobs!”
    Those were the days.  Pre internet boobs.  A kid had to work at it.  Made seeing them an achievement.  Nowadays it is not an achievement at all.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Just checking the thread made it through the night.  
    I see the trail of footprints through various swamps but it seems we're not sunk yet.

    @theyolksonyou KM's character was based on a real person, presumably part of the DoD/Mil' deal to support the film, but more pertinent is that Mrs Robinson (insert name of large wild cat here) character supplements MG's 'wife next door' (insert four letter acronym here).  Painting by numbers, ticking all the boxes. 

    Some more bits;
    - it's not on UK Netlfix, but the 1983 film of Blue Thunder is.  I'll not be bothering with that.
    - Was the GPz 900 the most under rated star?
    - Who else went heavy on patches all over their outerwear after watching TG?  
    - The volley ball scene did make me squirm because all I could think about was the sand getting everywhere.  Imagine the damage it'll do within your jeans while riding you bike straight after? 
    - Just to be sure,  it is the greatest OST ever - right? According to Wiki many well known acts passed on 'DZ' (as we super fans call it).  It got expanded on re-release a few times (OK most of the best tunes were not OST, first time out)
    Always felt it a shame the Boys of Summer wasn't on it. 

    TL:DR alert.  I'll be back later. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Am i missing something with Starship Troopers or did you hit first base at the theater or something @Ozzie_Isaac?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Just checking the thread made it through the night.  
    I see the trail of footprints through various swamps but it seems we're not sunk yet.

    @theyolksonyou KM's character was based on a real person, presumably part of the DoD/Mil' deal to support the film, but more pertinent is that Mrs Robinson (insert name of large wild cat here) character supplements MG's 'wife next door' (insert four letter acronym here).  Painting by numbers, ticking all the boxes. 

    Some more bits;
    - it's not on UK Netlfix, but the 1983 film of Blue Thunder is.  I'll not be bothering with that.
    - Was the GPz 900 the most under rated star?
    - Who else went heavy on patches all over their outerwear after watching TG?  
    - The volley ball scene did make me squirm because all I could think about was the sand getting everywhere.  Imagine the damage it'll do within your jeans while riding you bike straight after? 
    - Just to be sure,  it is the greatest OST ever - right? According to Wiki many well known acts passed on 'DZ' (as we super fans call it).  It got expanded on re-release a few times (OK most of the best tunes were not OST, first time out)
    Always felt it a shame the Boys of Summer wasn't on it. 

    TL:DR alert.  I'll be back later. 
    They passed on Boys of Summer to have Kenny Loggins’ “Playing With The Boys” featured during the Volleyball scene.  That song is American government cheese set to music.  It is … glorious.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    The Loggins video for that song is all kinds of special:


    http://youtu.be/M3cd0zxd7EU
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Botch said:

     
    Deleted, this was started as a happy thread.  
    Wow, dude.  Uncalled for.  Thought you were nicer than that.  Did Focker hack your account?
    ???
    _____________

    "Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  


  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

     
    Deleted, this was started as a happy thread.  
    Wow, dude.  Uncalled for.  Thought you were nicer than that.  Did Focker hack your account?
    ???
    He is just joking around.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

     
    Deleted, this was started as a happy thread.  
    Wow, dude.  Uncalled for.  Thought you were nicer than that.  Did Focker hack your account?
    ???
    I was kidding, you probably posted something completely innocuous, felt bad, then deleted it.  I wanted to poke at you for being so nice and considerate.  Two things I fail at everyday.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Another hidden gem right here,


    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Never seen it. No word of a lie. Was this about the best marksman at a shooting range?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Never seen it. Was this about the best marksman at a shooting range?

    It might be about a mixed drink called a Flaming Blue Jesus, which set my girlfriend's best friend's hair on fire, which I found hilarious until I was told it wasn't.  
    (but it was)  
    _____________

    "Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  


  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Just started the original with my oldest son.  Likely to fall asleep befor the end. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I forgot how cheesy this actually is   11/10
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    A buddy of mine lives in LA and was able to attend an early screening of Maverick.  To say he’s obsessed with the original would be an understatement.  This is his review.  


    LBGE since June 2012

    Omaha, NE

  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    At what age are both Chuck E Cheese, and Hooters, appropriate?  
    _____________

    "Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  


  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Botch said:
    At what age are both Chuck E Cheese, and Hooters, appropriate?  
    As soon as your son can say “boobies”
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Hooters has a kids menu, Botch!
     

    LBGE since June 2012

    Omaha, NE

  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options

    LBGE since June 2012

    Omaha, NE

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Botch said:
    At what age are both Chuck E Cheese, and Hooters, appropriate?  
    Chuck E. Cheese for the games and fun, Hooters for the amazing wings and fried pickles.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Well.  I learned something this morning.   :)  
    _____________

    "Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  


  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    A buddy of mine lives in LA and was able to attend an early screening of Maverick.  To say he’s obsessed with the original would be an understatement.  This is his review.  


    That is honestly the perfect review.  Your buddy sounds like someone who’s a lot of fun to hang out with.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina thanks to you and this post we watched the original last night on the Netflixes. My kids (17 and 14) had never seen it. Still a great show...not quite as amazing as I remember at 13. Maybe cause I know T. Cruise is such a typical celeb these days? Or maybe cause I wasn't waiting for "Charlie" to show her boobs???
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

    1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA