Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your Favorite Christmas Movies- 2021

Options
2»

Comments

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Ynette likes the George C. Scott portrayal the best. I thought Captain Picard did a good job... 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    Options
    Lethal Weapon, First Blood, Gremlins, Home Alone, and A Christmas Story are a few of my favorite Christmas movies.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I have not seen a single movie mentioned on this thread.  Bah.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @Botch - I would expect nothing less out of the USAF...   You've got work to do.  Given you are now in the "Every day is Saturday" community, you have time for rapid closure.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I'm just not a movie fan (I've had plenty of time to watch movies while working, well except for two assignments).  Last movie I've seen in a theater was the original Spider Man, and my GF made me go.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    Yno said:
    We have watched everything from the schmaltzy Hallmark movies to Die Hard, Krampus, Grinch, etc. One thing I have not run across this year is the plethora of "A Christmas Carol" showings of the past. I remember the 2019 version was pretty dark. My favorite version was the Mr. Magoo version.
    I always have to watch A Christmas Carol to get in the holiday spirit. My go to version is the 1938 version with Reginald Owen as Scrooge. This was the version that I remember growing up with when it was shown on Family Classics.
    Yes, and the 1951 with Alister Sims is my favorite 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The Patrick Stewart version of a Christmas Carol.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Have any of y’all seen a Christmas Colon?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    SGH said:
    I heard it was cr@ppy.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm just not a movie fan (I've had plenty of time to watch movies while working, well except for two assignments).  Last movie I've seen in a theater was the original Spider Man, and my GF made me go.  
    Top Gun?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    I heard it was cr@ppy.

Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have not.  But I did see this t-shirt and think of you, Scottie:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    We watched 'Fatman'.  Cringle with guns and gore. It was horrible, I recommend it if you liked a bad movie every once in a while.  At least watch the trailer -

https://youtu.be/Z64XvPERZ50
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    The Long Good Friday

Wrong holy day, no yuletide sentiment nor content but;  @eoin @JohnInCarolina @Ozzie_Isaac @nolaegghead  you know why I like it.  
    (OK you may need to trawl IMDB)  and I'll remind you that there's no OT flag anymore   =)

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    The Long Good Friday

Wrong holy day, no yuletide sentiment nor content but;  @eoin @JohnInCarolina @Ozzie_Isaac @nolaegghead  you know why I like it.  
    (OK you may need to trawl IMDB)  and I'll remind you that there's no OT flag anymore   =)

Helen Mirren.  Any film with her in it is worth.watching.  I have added it to my watch list.  Thank you for the recommendation.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    The Long Good Friday

Helen Mirren.  Any film with her in it is worth.watching.  I have added it to my watch list.  Thank you for the recommendation.
    You'll have seen Caligula then?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    The Long Good Friday

Yes I have.  It was, shall I say, eye opening.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

As in 'artistic'?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    The Long Good Friday

I was with the rowing team in advance of the Head of the Charles Regatta when I was a sophomore in college.  Almost the entire team was staying in some small apartment we'd rented in the city.  So we sent one of the coxswains out to rent us a movie to watch.

He came back with Caligula.  First time I'd seen that.  First time most of us had seen that, including the coxswain, who swore up and down that he thought it was a Greek war movie.  It is not a Greek war movie.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Incidentally, Caligula is also not a Christmas movie.  In case anyone was wondering.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

As in 'artistic'?
    In the words of Justice Potter Stewart..... "I know it when I see it, and the motion picture involved in this case is not that."
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    For your browsing pleasure:
    https://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/  
    You may be surprised what you might find.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bdalqasmal
    Options
    First up, "Home Alone" – it's an absolute must-watch during the holiday season. Kevin McCallister's antics never get old, and it's all about that nostalgic charm.
    And then there's the timeless debate – is "Die Hard" a Christmas movie?

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
  • bdalqasmal
    Options
    First up, "Home Alone" – it's an absolute must-watch during the holiday season. Kevin McCallister's antics never get old, and it's all about that nostalgic charm.
    And then there's the timeless debate – is "Die Hard" a Christmas movie?

Well, in my book, it is! It's got action, holiday vibes, and Bruce Willis in top form. It's like a gift that keeps on giving.
    But here's a little holiday tip from me – if you're looking to mix things up this year, consider checking out the movies to watch in theaters. The cinema has this magical ambiance during the holiday season, and it's the perfect excuse to escape the winter chill for a couple of hours.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

Seriously… wtf?

@The_Buffalo - you are off your game when it comes to policing this kind of stuff.  

Scratch that - it seems like there is no game at all.  I’d hazard to guess you don’t even have any idea what I’m talking about…
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    It’s obvious that corporate doesn’t care John.