Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your Favorite Christmas Movies- 2021

No secret here- Pulp Fiction for the win.  Rolling in around 9 hours. Totally enjoy Quentin Tarentino movies. Others?
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    We just watched Uncle Buck on Christmas Eve and it has become a classic for me! Anything with John Candy is a classic in my opinion!
    I agree with QT movies for the win...Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs leading the way! 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Ha ha. Forgot this was your holiday tradition Cap greatness. We are huge fans of QT and my nickname of 15 years at work came from this movie (“The Wolf” because “I solve problems” lol) Even bigger fans of the Kill Bill storyline. That said, I could not get any of those past the tower on Christmas eve. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited December 2021
    I am watching my favorite Christmas movie right now, Die Hard.  Watched Elf and National Lampoon's earlier this evening.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Christmas- National Lampoons
    QT- Inglorious Basterds
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    This year I must be a little off.  I had to watch Die Hard three times before I got in the mood for Christmas!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Original "Miracle On 34th Street" for me for Xmas.
    That said, anything QT and Coen Brothers are home runs in my book at any time of the year.
    I've watched Pulp Fiction enough times to know it by heart.  What am I missing?  I don't get the Christmas connection.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

And yes I know it's actually a Thanksgiving movie, you turkeys!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    So many good ones. Christmas Vacation has to top the list. Followed closely by Elf, White Christmas and Noelle. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    edited December 2021
    @dbCooper - My Christmas connection with that movie is that when my oldest son turned 13 some 21 years ago, I rolled that movie on Xmas AM as I wanted to watch it again.  He laughed his a$$ off-been going ever since.  SWMBO accepts it but cannot stand it.  Youngest son never got the vibe.  
    Merry Christmas.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    The usual ones here are 'Miracle on 34th Street' and 'White Christmas'.  

Each year, we pick up an old movie for our collection.   This year was 'Holiday Affair'.  Fun movie which happens around Christmas time.  

Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • In my house, the favorite Christmas movie is the Hallmark Channel.  They’re all the same.  Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl right before the end.  I live with three women and I’m judging the favorite from what’s on the tv most of the time I want to watch football or hockey..  Personally, I like National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
    Flint, Michigan
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Home Alone
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ours are Christmas Vacation(me) White Christmas (SWMBO), kids like 'em all but mostly Elf or Grinch.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Love Actually. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I am watching Deadpool.  It has Christmas references.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Finally getting around to watching Die Hard for the 1st time ever. 
    Welcome to the party pal!
    Mountain View, CA
  • Finally getting around to watching Die Hard for the 1st time ever. 
    I find it interesting that you’re watching die hard for the first time while you have COVID-19.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Not a Christmas movie, but really an all occasion movie, kind of like a real nice pair of starched jeans.

Roadhouse.  Watching it right now, might become my new tradition.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Chrismas Chronicles and the sequel has become our new favorites.  I'm watching Christmas Vacation with my youngest son right now and cracking up like crazy.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Die Hard
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Not a Christmas movie, but really an all occasion movie, kind of like a real nice pair of starched jeans.

love that movie. It’s just cheesy enough that any time I see it’s on, I start watching right from there until the end. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Not a Christmas movie, but really an all occasion movie, kind of like a real nice pair of starched jeans.

love that movie. It’s just cheesy enough that any time I see it’s on, I start watching right from there until the end. 
    I finally watched the non-TBS edit of the movie.  It is a surprisingly risque film.  I also learned my wife hates Patrick Swayze.  I told her we really should have had more life discussions before we got married.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Ozzie_Isaac - great appreciation of fine cinema right there.  Glad you saw the uncut version.  
    Happy Boxing Day!
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Christmas Vacation is top of the list for me. SWMBO likes The Grinch with Jim Carey and our son likes the newer animated Grinch movie (by Illumination). We have also been watching some of the Harry Potter marathon on usa over the weekend, which has kicked off SWMBO starting with the first movie last night.

Also, our son has been running around saying Happy Christmas to everyone over the past few days.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    We have watched everything from the schmaltzy Hallmark movies to Die Hard, Krampus, Grinch, etc. One thing I have not run across this year is the plethora of "A Christmas Carol" showings of the past. I remember the 2019 version was pretty dark. My favorite version was the Mr. Magoo version.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    Gremlins 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Yno said:
    We have watched everything from the schmaltzy Hallmark movies to Die Hard, Krampus, Grinch, etc. One thing I have not run across this year is the plethora of "A Christmas Carol" showings of the past. I remember the 2019 version was pretty dark. My favorite version was the Mr. Magoo version.
    I always have to watch A Christmas Carol to get in the holiday spirit. My go to version is the 1938 version with Reginald Owen as Scrooge. This was the version that I remember growing up with when it was shown on Family Classics.
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE