Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick lunch: BOUDIN


Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

  • Yessir!  You use a little hot honey on them too, Mick?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,668
    Yessir!  You use a little hot honey on them too, Mick?
    Oh yes!  That stuff is GREAT on anything. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,645
    Lunch of champions, right there!

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,346
    There’s good boudin and bad boudin…..you pass thru the boudin corridor between Texas and 30a, who’s links you grilling @Mickey?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,668
    ColbyLang said:
    There’s good boudin and bad boudin…..you pass thru the boudin corridor between Texas and 30a, who’s links you grilling @Mickey?

    Get these in Salado at grocery and they are out of Houston. They are good. 
    Best i have had are anywhere around Lafayette. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,668
    caliking said:
    Lunch of champions, right there!
    What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Think that is from a medical book 📚?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 31,954
    Where I am there is no such thing as bad boudin.  Whenever I can find it, it is great.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Looks fantastic Mickey. Love the char on the boudin!
    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,383



    Why does the "No MSG" symbol have a line thru it, but the "Gluten-free" symbol doesn't?  
    Grammar Nazi Badging Nazi Botch  
    _____________

    Once I thought I saw you, In a crowded, hazy bar..."


  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,346
    Generic labeling standards. There’s a whole boatload of acceptable symbols, much like those crazy ones on your laundry tags. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,346
    Mickey said:
    ColbyLang said:
    There’s good boudin and bad boudin…..you pass thru the boudin corridor between Texas and 30a, who’s links you grilling @Mickey?

    Get these in Salado at grocery and they are out of Houston. They are good. 
    Best i have had are anywhere around Lafayette. 
    While passing thru Lafayette, look up Bourque’s. Not on the interstate, worth the detour. Stuffed chickens, rice dressing mix and boudin all worth your while
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,668
    @ColbyLang
    will do. Lafayette is the middle of our trip from the middle of Texas to the Panhandle of Florida. So we spend the night each way mostly at the Drury Inn. 400 miles drive is all i want in a day anymore. Plus they take our Poodle. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,645
    edited December 2021
    Botch said:



    Why does the "No MSG" symbol have a line thru it, but the "Gluten-free" symbol doesn't?  
    Grammar Nazi Badging Nazi Botch  
    “GF” is meant to indicate that it’s Gluten-Free. Hence, no oblique line. GF, with a line through it , might actually indicate that it’s not gluten-free. 

    “MSG”,  with the oblique line through it, together, indicates “No MSG”. 

    If you want to get nerdy about it, I believe international convention is a red circle, white background, with the line running from top left, to bottom right. I think the line is supposed to be less thick/bold than the circle. But, people take liberties. 

    I’ll see myself out , now. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited December 2021
    Mickey said:
    @ColbyLang
    will do. Lafayette is the middle of our trip from the middle of Texas to the Panhandle of Florida. So we spend the night each way mostly at the Drury Inn. 400 miles drive is all i want in a day anymore. Plus they take our Poodle. 
    Just made a road trip to visit Judy and Leroy in Covington.
    I can’t believe how many places have popped up selling Boudin and Cracklens…
    We tried Don’s again as a quick stop and we’re disappointed again compared to The Best Stop.
    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,645
    edited December 2021
    Photo Egg said:
    Mickey said:
    @ColbyLang
    will do. Lafayette is the middle of our trip from the middle of Texas to the Panhandle of Florida. So we spend the night each way mostly at the Drury Inn. 400 miles drive is all i want in a day anymore. Plus they take our Poodle. 
    Just made a road trip to visit Judy and Leroy in Covington.
    I can’t believe how many places have popped up selling Boudin and Cracklens…
    We tried Don’s again as a quick stop and we’re disappointed again compared to The Best Stop.
    The Best Stop is terrific. Better have a cooler handy, because there's so much you want to bring back home!

    Hope The Chickens are doing well. I miss them. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    caliking said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Mickey said:
    @ColbyLang
    will do. Lafayette is the middle of our trip from the middle of Texas to the Panhandle of Florida. So we spend the night each way mostly at the Drury Inn. 400 miles drive is all i want in a day anymore. Plus they take our Poodle. 
    Just made a road trip to visit Judy and Leroy in Covington.
    I can’t believe how many places have popped up selling Boudin and Cracklens…
    We tried Don’s again as a quick stop and we’re disappointed again compared to The Best Stop.
    The Best Stop is terrific. Better have a cooler handy, because there's so much you want to bring back home!

    Hope The Chickens are doing well. I miss them. 
    Both are doing well. We had a great visit but another 2 days would have been great. 
    Sure miss seeing all our egghead friends.
    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,101
    Botch said:



    Why does the "No MSG" symbol have a line thru it, but the "Gluten-free" symbol doesn't?  
    Grammar Nazi Badging Nazi Botch  

    caliking said:
    Botch said:



    Why does the "No MSG" symbol have a line thru it, but the "Gluten-free" symbol doesn't?  
    Grammar Nazi Badging Nazi Botch  
    “GF” is meant to indicate that it’s Gluten-Free. Hence, no oblique line. GF, with a line through it , might actually indicate that it’s not gluten-free. 

    “MSG”,  with the oblique line through it, together, indicates “No MSG”. 

    If you want to get nerdy about it, I believe international convention is a red circle, white background, with the line running from top left, to bottom right. I think the line is supposed to be less thick/bold than the circle. But, people take liberties. 

    I’ll see myself out , now. 
    I would have said just that had you not replied.

    ______________________________________________
    I love lamp..
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,652
    Time to make more Boudin! ( probably with msg )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,101
    I've made boudin a few times too.  One of the few sausages where the meat is cooked before grinding/stuffing.  Kind of fun to make.
    ______________________________________________
    I love lamp..
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,019
    Grilled boudin, there is no better.  Legnons Boucherie
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.