Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zoom/Speakeasy; game on Friday 8/27. Doors open at 5 PM (EDT)/10 PM (BST)-No Cover! Drop in!

Options
One week from now.  Make it a priority at least for a bit.  Time to get it on your calendars/planners.
This one-off session will be held in honor of @bgebrent, hard to believe its been two years!  
There will be sufficient seating for any who wish to stop in and share stories or insights.
Stay as long or short as you want.
Beverage(s) of your choice but should you enjoy WoodfordDO then please give that top consideration-at least once.

Politics and religion make up the third rail and are off-limits. 
Zoom site linked here:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373     
Password is unchanged since inception some 16 months ago and will be gladly provided, just ask.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I feel like a complete dumba$$ - poured myself 4 fingers of Four Roses Small Batch and had the bottle at hand to settle in for a long and entertaining evening - only to realize it was next week.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @CTMike - you are not the first-I served it up early (last week) to give people a heads up.  However, you are the first submariner (I am likely the only other) to start fast cruise early.
    Glad you are in the full up pre-season mode.  Repetition is critical in a long duration evening.
    See ya next Friday. 8/27.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    I hope you wife is doing well and the slope is ever positive at an accelerating rate.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CTMike - you are not the first-I served it up early (last week) to give people a heads up.  However, you are the first submariner (I am likely the only other) to start fast cruise early.
    Glad you are in the full up pre-season mode.  Repetition is critical in a long duration evening.
    See ya next Friday. 8/27.  
    I hope you wife is doing well and the slope is ever positive at an accelerating rate.  
    Thanks Frank. My wife is doing well as she hasn't really left the house for anything other than medical appointments since last February. I have been wearing a mask whenever out in public since this sh!tshow kicked off last year in an attempt to keep from exposing her.

She is getting her third Pfizer dose on Monday. Her immunologist said "We are unsure how much it will help but we do believe it will help prevent severity of infection to some degree." Sounds like political doublespeak to me - but he did go on to say she should get the booster so that was good enough for us. 

See you next week
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I hear @Eoin will be joining from his BBQ area

I live in there when Anne throws me out.
    I would be totally cintent in there. I could do without the cold driving rain though lol. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Eoin said:

I live in there when Anne throws me out.
    I would be totally cintent in there. I could do without the cold driving rain though lol. 
    Yeah.  If that chair reclines then sign me up.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    a little daily bump. 

found out i have a family event... but i'm going to try to sneak off and check in
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump to page one.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hump day bump day
    Options
    Tonight's the night.  Put it on your mandatory "fun" list and drop in.  You will enjoy the time invested.  See ya later this evening.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    We have a Headliner for tonight.  Added incentive!!!
    @CPFC1905 posted this at the close of his weekly football documentary:
    "Don’t forget the speakeasy tonight.   I have a seventy-five slide PowerPoint lined up chock full of fascinating cricket statistics.   One not to miss, lads. "
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    "Don’t forget the speakeasy tonight.   I have a seventy-five slide PowerPoint lined up chock full of fascinating cricket statistics.   One not to miss, lads. "
    Lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:
    Lol
    He's serious.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have to work tonight and tomorrow on a new system rollout that's been 2 years in the making (we tried it a couple months ago and had to roll back).  Maybe I can get on early before getting off (the call, you perverts!).

And that weather thing throws a wrench into the mix.
    Options

Beautiful British Summer right there.   Probably a southern softy as he's got a roof.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Options
    Thanks for opening up the bar Frank, entertaining as always.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For the record there was quite a lively discussion regarding cricket.  @CPFC1905 went easy on us regarding deep diving into the subject.  Something about saving the good bits for when @Foghorn can participate and enjoy.
    Many thanks to @Stormbringer, @Eoin and @CPFC1905 for getting the evening rolling in great style.  Civic lessons were plentiful along with several other topics of interest.  
    Speakeasy open and seating available for anyone who wants to drop in.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Let the record show that I have seen several "one-off" visitors press the window of the Speakeasy this evening and then walk away.  The place is fully compliant with CDC guidelines and social distancing is a given.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I am declaring victory given the level of participation.  A record early close for this place.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For the record there was quite a lively discussion regarding cricket.  @CPFC1905 went easy on us regarding deep diving into the subject.  Something about saving the good bits for when @Foghorn can participate and enjoy.
    Many thanks to @Stormbringer, @Eoin and @CPFC1905 for getting the evening rolling in great style.  Civic lessons were plentiful along with several other topics of interest.  
    Speakeasy open and seating available for anyone who wants to drop in.  
    Thanks for hosting Frank - good too see the guys again. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Sorry I missed it.  Truth be told, cricket is the one sport I haven't ever really understood.  But that's not a request to have anyone try to explain it to me at this point.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Sorry I missed it.  Truth be told, cricket is the one sport I haven't ever really understood.  But that's not a request to have anyone try to explain it to me at this point.
    Frank will attest to the excellence of Ed's PowerPoint on cricket. You don't know what you're missing.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:
    Frank will attest to the excellence of Ed's PowerPoint on cricket. You don't know what you're missing.
    @lousubcap inducted us to ‘cricket club’ and the single rule; never speak of cricket club.