Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,085
    Botch said:
    Thanks G.  That really surprised me.  
    Me too.  But it’s very cool!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    Did not think the below fit anywhere on the main-frame but this is classic-
    Quentin Tarantino and the original Top Gun- F'ing genius-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF1LXL6OOsM
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,040
    I've needed many of these brilliant solutions for most of my adult life.  Sigh.

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    dmchicago said:

Unfortunately for them, they were sentenced to consecutive life terms.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    So that's why they do that.  

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,348

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    I'm sad there were no apples.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,217
    posted yesterday on short beers with adding salt, and old bar thing with **** beer. today i google it and find people are drinking great beers and adding flavored beer salt. lemon, lime, and pickle flavored beer salt. i really hope this is just a texas thing and not done were great beer is brewed

Alamo Candy Premium Beer Salt  Squeaks Convenience Store

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman

this place is so much friendlier when the destroyer of forums is on vaca....... :D
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,050
    posted yesterday on short beers with adding salt, and old bar thing with **** beer. today i google it and find people are drinking great beers and adding flavored beer salt. lemon, lime, and pickle flavored beer salt. i really hope this is just a texas thing and not done were great beer is brewed

Alamo Candy Premium Beer Salt  Squeaks Convenience Store

No bueno for craft beers, but great for a Tecate or Modelo on a hot day.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    from what i remember back in the 80's in the old dive bars, just miller or bud and the sort glasses were made for pounding the salted beer cold. would be miserable drinking miller from a 16 ounce or bigger with salt.  what i saw with the search was drinking ipas with flavored salt though
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,050
    That would be nasty, I would think.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina

this place is so much friendlier when the destroyer of forums is on vaca....... :D

• fishlessman
    does carey have one of these ..........................yet

Steve Jamison Story_ About UPS images

fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Google Maps tricks.  (and a disclaimer, I'm an Apple user)  Did you know that GM can:

- measure distances between two points, via driving (yes you knew that), river travel, bike paths, walking distance, or as-the-crow-flies (useful for calculating rocket propellant amounts)?  
    - measure the square footage of your backyard, or square footage of your roof for a replacement estimate?
    - go to a 360˚street view in front of your house, every other year, back until 2009?  (anxious to try this on my desktop)
    - integrate between your calendar, alerts, and GM so that it checks the traffic between where you are, and where your 10:00 appt is, and warn you with enough time to make it?  (the Apple ecosystem also does this, but in my experience, always (always) sends me to the wrong place)
    - RideShare cost estimates between points?
    - Sharing your location with others and sending them directions (again, on Apple, it'll send them to the wrong place but may be handy if you're going thru a divorce)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBmqfo9Fl0

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    A blond is driving down the road out in farm country and looks over and sees another blonde out in a boat rowing away, going nowhere, in the middle of a plowed field. She slams on the brakes, skidding to a smoky stop in the middle of the road and jumps out of her car. 

She goes over to the side of the road and starts screaming at the blond in the boat and says..." You are the reason all blondes get a bad name.  Look at you out there in the middle of a field rowing a boat.  How stupid can you possibly be?

And if I could swim I'd come out there and kick your a$$!"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Why do they call it "golf" ?

Because "f u c k" was taken.  
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    You hear about the guy with five penis' ?

His pants fit like a glove 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,624
    A brunette was jumping up and down on a railroad track saying “49,49”. The blonde says “I can do that “ and jumps on the track facing the brunette jumping and saying 49, 49. This continues for a few minutes and the brunette steps off of the track. Splat goes the train. The brunette steps back on the track, resumes jumping and saying “50, 50”.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,203
    Ybabpmuts said:

I have never seen a 7 fingered glove.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Ybabpmuts said:

I have never seen a 7 fingered glove.
    You bring this up NOW? I have two tickets to Dark Mask and I already dug two holes through a fake popcorn bucket for my lap. You act like we haven't done the buttered popcorn thing before. What gives. If it's the greasy underpants I can reimburse for that. I have money ...  Jeesh... 
  • Botch

One of the vloggers I follow just mentioned a new feature that's coming to both Mac OS and iOS:  the ability to bypass that irritating Google thing to prove to GoogleBots that you're indeed, not a robot; the CAPTCHA system.

There will be a new switch in the Preferences (which will also be renamed but I can't remember what it will be called) to allow your device to bypass having to use that damn thing, and just use your devices' biometric (face recognition, fingerprint ID, or Apple Watch proximity) to prove to Google you ain't a robot.  That will be nice!  Also, I learned what "Captcha" actually stands for:

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

You can blame the whole CAPTCHA thing on this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_von_Ahn

You'll note that he is also a Duke grad, lol. 

He's actually done some really good stuff since.  He's the main person behind DuoLingo.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac

He's actually done some really good stuff since.  He's the main person behind DuoLingo.  
    CAPTCHA was used by google to decipher words its automated system had trouble with while transcribing books.  That is why they had multiple words you had to do.  First word showed how accurate you were (a known word) second word was the one Google couldn't decipher.  Or something along those lines, I forget exact number of words and which one was unknown.  They basically crowdsourced digitizing books.  Pretty cool if you ask me.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

CAPTCHA was used by google to decipher words its automated system had trouble with while transcribing books.  That is why they had multiple words you had to do.  First word showed how accurate you were (a known word) second word was the one Google couldn't decipher.  Or something along those lines, I forget exact number of words and which one was unknown.  They basically crowdsourced digitizing books.  Pretty cool if you ask me.
    I’ve e heard this story before. Therefore, it must be true. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    dmchicago said:

I’ve e heard this story before. Therefore, it must be true. 
    Looks like I was wrong about google using it, but not the service:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2007/09/16/recaptcha-using-captchas-to-digitize-books/amp/