Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Placeholder for internet things that are funny or cool

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I think Jesus gonna pass. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Botch said:
    ^^^
    Excellent!

Guy reminds me of this guy.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dmchicago

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    The below article ( a bit of a read but interesting) screams @nolaegghead:
    https://bert.org/2022/06/02/payphone/?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:
    Damn you!  I just spent 20 minutes trying to find an old pay phone for my shop!
    lousubcap said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lousubcap said:

I'm surprised you didn't already have three laying around.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,085
    The responses to that tweet are pretty hilarious.  Lots of stories of docs explaining genetics to parents, in some fairly uncomfortable ways.  Like “you both have brown eyes but your baby’s eyes are blue, so…”
  • nolaegghead

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,040

Apparently this was published 103 years ago.    

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• nolaegghead

edited June 2022
    mcbroken.com

Interesting story today about why most McDonald's ice-cream machines were always broken (CBS Sunday Morning).  
    1.  Company that built them, made them overly complicated and prone to failure
    2.  Error codes were intentionally cryptic (as in "34>ph b24") meant "rear left cover not latched" (Lockheed/Boeing business model)  
    3.  Another company "Fro-Gurt"? based their entire business on the machines, and was getting burned
    4.  FroGurt designed a small translator device that decoded the Error codes, and worked beautifully for them (Apple accessory business model)
    5.  FroGurt marketed them to McD's, and sold a lot of them (iFixIt business model)
    6.  Original ice-cream machine manufacturer caught wind, and got lawyers involved (Tesla/Facebook business model)
    7.  Everyone sued everyone else; one of three went out of business (guess)

Fascinating story, by the end.  I don't normally even eat ice cream, but when I do its from a local utard independent mom-n-pop shop, pricey but worth it.   

• nolaegghead
    I’m turned on, even tho they’re not real.  
    Brown boobies are real, I've SEEN them!   :p  

• dmchicago
    edited June 2022
    Botch said:
    I’ve unfortunately seen a bush tit. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,203
    Botch said:
    Me too!  First time was in National Geographic.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,348
    To clarify a bit on "Birds Aren't Real", the drone replacement project is largely centered on the surveillance of US citizens, thus concentrated within US borders.  Any of the birds @Botch posted are likely real, if not native to the US.
    This section from the history of the BAR movement may be instructive...

A common question that we get a lot is, how do the birds not fly out of the United States to Mexico and Canada? Great question. While the majority of the birds are programmed to not cross over into these countries, there are some that still venture into these countries for a few reasons: picking up drugs (cocaine, marijuana, etc.) for eventual delivery into the lower-class segments of our major cities. The government will do anything they can to maintain control over its citizens, even getting them hooked on drugs. Another reason is simple- keeping tabs on U.S. citizens who go on vacation. Any bird you see flying across the U.S. borders to either Mexico or Canada is simply tracking an American citizen who has travelled outside the United States. However, there is currently nothing keeping a bird from Canada or Mexico from travelling inside America, which is why there will never be a 100% robot bird population, it will most likely hover around 95%- as birds are always flying in from our neighboring countries.

This may change soon, however. In 2016 President Trump announced that if he was elected, he will ‘build a wall between Mexico and the United States.’ You may believe the mainstream media and Trump’s lies when you hear that the wall will be designed to keep illegal immigrants out of the United States, but that is false. The ‘wall’ will actually be encapsulated with thousands of microwave guns- that can track any bird entering the United States and shoot it with harsh microwaves- which destroy the birds ability to fly- and will leave it deceased in under a few hours. I hope this does not shock you too much, after all- if you’ve made it this far In the reading, your entire view on this country has been totally reframed.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,217
     starting to wonder if all those canadian geese are a pre-invasion tactic
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,085
    dbCooper said:
    To clarify a bit on "Birds Aren't Real", the drone replacement project is largely centered on the surveillance of US citizens, thus concentrated within US borders.  Any of the birds @Botch posted are likely real, if not native to the US.
    This section from the history of the BAR movement may be instructive...

A common question that we get a lot is, how do the birds not fly out of the United States to Mexico and Canada? Great question. While the majority of the birds are programmed to not cross over into these countries, there are some that still venture into these countries for a few reasons: picking up drugs (cocaine, marijuana, etc.) for eventual delivery into the lower-class segments of our major cities. The government will do anything they can to maintain control over its citizens, even getting them hooked on drugs. Another reason is simple- keeping tabs on U.S. citizens who go on vacation. Any bird you see flying across the U.S. borders to either Mexico or Canada is simply tracking an American citizen who has travelled outside the United States. However, there is currently nothing keeping a bird from Canada or Mexico from travelling inside America, which is why there will never be a 100% robot bird population, it will most likely hover around 95%- as birds are always flying in from our neighboring countries.

This may change soon, however. In 2016 President Trump announced that if he was elected, he will ‘build a wall between Mexico and the United States.’ You may believe the mainstream media and Trump’s lies when you hear that the wall will be designed to keep illegal immigrants out of the United States, but that is false. The ‘wall’ will actually be encapsulated with thousands of microwave guns- that can track any bird entering the United States and shoot it with harsh microwaves- which destroy the birds ability to fly- and will leave it deceased in under a few hours. I hope this does not shock you too much, after all- if you’ve made it this far In the reading, your entire view on this country has been totally reframed.

Saw this recently, and thought of you:

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
     starting to wonder if all those canadian geese are a pre-invasion tactic
    Geese don't hold citizenship. 

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Botch
    I don't know if this is true (I saw it on the internetz); but if so, my personal concept of distances in the Universe was waaay off.  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    The Moon has an angular scale in the sky of about 0.5°, Andromeda has an angular scale of about 2.5° so that pic seems about right - just eyeballing it tho I think the moon is portrayed a bit too small.
    The cool thing is that Andromeda, being the closest galaxy to the Milky Way, will start colliding with us in about 4.5 billion years. Start planning now.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Thanks G.  That really surprised me.