Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a good jalapeno cheddar sausage recipe

Anyone have a good recipe to share?   Never made sausage and want to give it a try. 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited June 2021
    Kudos for jumping into the sausage fray! My 2 cents, you can make any sausage a jalapeno chedder, I would start with some basic sausage techniques and mot a hard and fast recipe

Some basics ( and I apologize if you know these ) 20% fat minimum to lean ratio, I tent to go to 30 % , 2% salt by weight ( decrease if addicted items that contain salt ) 10% liquid of your choice ....everything else is seasoning....your forward spice/flavor , ( jalapeno ) other spices ,2% , keep it few keep it simple...lot of knowledge it this area from the folks here 

There is a great sausage recipe thread that has. Great beef sausage you can easily convert, Chuds BBQ just put ine up on Ewe Tube, but get your techniques down first, even a plain sausage is killer....add some pepper and cheese and viola
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • This one is incredible. Very simple but soooo good. I have made it with Venison/Pork and wagyu brisket/Pork and it's some of the best I have made. Thanks to @Griffin for the recipe.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    It’s June (Hatch Chile season). How bout some green chili and extra sharp cheddar for the win?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    you can make any sausage a jalapeño cheddar 
    Agree 👍

even a plain sausage is killer....add some pepper and cheese and viola
    Agree x 2 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.