Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Greek Chicken

dmouratidmourati Posts: 1,016
I found this recipe for Greek Chicken on Youtube from Sam the Cooking Guy. I made it once last weekend and really enjoyed it so made it again today. It was a hit.

Served on made from scratch naan with a yogurt sauce and a Greek salad with real feta.

Yum.

Recipe:

https://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/2021/5/10/greek-chicken

Youtube vid:

Mountain View, CA

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 11,362
    I printed that one out; thanks for the Confirmation!  :)  

• RockyTopDWRockyTopDW Posts: 336
    Sam’s recipes are legit.  Not the very healthy, but super good.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 15,337
    Looks fantastic. That pic belongs in a magazine. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmouratidmourati Posts: 1,016
    caliking said:
    Looks fantastic. That pic belongs in a magazine. 
    Wow thanks. I find I am much better at taking photos during cooking. By the time everything comes together and we are ready to eat, I'm usually no longer able to wait.
    Mountain View, CA
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 20,164
    Sam’s recipes are legit.  Not the very healthy, but super good.
    I'm convinced the one bite of the dish that Sam always has is about all he eats, because if he actually ate all of what he shows on his channel he'd be about 500 pounds.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The most arrogant man on the internet.  

Living large in the 919
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,626
    Thanks for sharing, I am cooking this tonight.  I tasted the marinade and I think it will be great!  Getting started on the naan now.

Thanks to the sideways orientation, that last pic looks like an alien escaping from his burning UFO.   =)

• NDGNDG Posts: 2,153
    oh boy - looks so gooooooood . . I am making this next !!
    Columbus, Ohio
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 8,242
    Looks like a must try. Wondering if I should add some oregano, dry or fresh from the garden.
    canuckland
    Looks like a must try. Wondering if I should add some oregano, dry or fresh from the garden.
    I added 1 teaspoon if dried oregano

I know you don’t mind fish sauce but for those that are uneasy about it, you could use Worcestershire sauce instead.

paqman said:

I know you don’t mind fish sauce but for those that are uneasy about it, you could use Worcestershire sauce instead.
    Great minds think alike, just can't think Greek without oregano  :)
    Speaking of fish sauce, back in the day Three Crabs used to be the forum favourite, I'm since moved on to Red Boat 40N, yuge difference.
    canuckland
    paqman said:

Speaking of fish sauce, back in the day Three Crabs used to be the forum favourite, I'm since moved on to Red Boat 40N, yuge difference.
    Red boat here too, it is kinda hard to find around here but I found a store that carries it pretty reliably.

And yes, oregano is a must IMHO.

paqman said:

Thanks to the sideways orientation, that last pic looks like an alien escaping from his burning UFO.   =)
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    paqman said:

I’m curious about the Red Boat, Gary.  Looks like I can get it here in the states, at least online.  How did you stumble on to it?
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • dmouratidmourati Posts: 1,016
    I bought a big thing of Red Boat on Amazon. Lasted about a year. Good reminder to re-up. I use it in my Carne Asada almost every week.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Boat-Premium-Fish-Sauce/dp/B00B617XK2/
    Mountain View, CA
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 8,242
    paqman said:

I’m curious about the Red Boat, Gary.  Looks like I can get it here in the states, at least online.  How did you stumble on to it?
    I’ve seen it mentioned in the forum several times over the years, as early as 2012, you can do a site:eggheadforum.com search. 

Initially I had trouble finding it, paid high$ for a tiny bottle at a trendy health food store downtown.  About a year later IIRC I literally stumbled upon the 17 fl oz bottle at a local Asian store for under seven loonies, it was pre COVID though. My Three Crabs bottle ended up in the drain.

canuckland
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,413
    For those of us blessed with Wegmans, they sell Red Boat.
    Nice.  We have a fairly new Wegman’s here, and I haven’t been to it yet.  Guess this is as good an excuse as any!

Living large in the 919
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 7,892
    Nice.  We have a fairly new Wegman’s here, and I haven’t been to it yet.  Guess this is as good an excuse as any!

Wegman's is a great chain.
    My Wegman's sells Red Boat for $8 and some change for the small 8oz bottle.
    My Whole Foods charges $14 and some change for the large 17oz bottle and about the same price as Wegman's for the small bottle.
    Amazon sells the 17oz bottle for $12 and some change. I've never had a broken bottle via Amazon (tho I probly just cursed that).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Dik
    "...For while we have our eyes on the future
    history has its eyes on us..." Amanda Gorman

Camped out in the (757/948/804)

• GregWGregW Posts: 2,447
    edited June 11
    Strangely, some Walmarts carry Red Boat. I have even found the Walkerswood in a Walmart. For any chance of success, use the Walmart website for a search of the stores in an acceptable driving range. If you do manage to find what you are looking for, it will be far cheaper than Amazon in my experience.
    For reference, I don't frequent Walmart, but sometimes they are the only local source for an obscure product. 
    Birmingham, AL