Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops done right & dessert ( collection of old bookmarks FTW )

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
edited May 2021 in Pork
Pulled collection of old BGE forum bookmarks for delicious Pork Chop dinner - I got some amazing stuff saved here over the yrs so tonight I have neighbors over & pulled bookmarks . . 1) Chop glaze & reverse sear cooking times from @The Cen-Tex Smoker famous chop post found here 2)  pulled bookmark of Pork Chop Brine form @DMW found here and 3) pulled idea of dessert from @Brisket_Fanatic ( lemon cheesecake bars ) found here - BLoW UR SoXS OFF SOOOOO DaYUM GOOOOOOD !!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like a great meal. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    Awesome cook!

We probably should do this kind of thing more often around here - resurrect some "old" recipes.  There are so many good ones around that the new folks have never seen and that a lot of the older ones have just forgotten about.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Very nicely done! Bookmarked =) . Because I love lemon desserts. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Way to use the skills of the past and turn out a banquet.  Great cook.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thanks y’all - how many pages of bookmarks do you have ? After trimming the fat, I have 8 . . It’s Amazing stuff - some old old ones from Village Idiot that I NEED to try, but sucks his pics are gone now . .

It would be a nice idea to start a Summer Post where we all pull a few old bookmark gems, cook them, post results and link to old bookmark  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    yummy looking pok chops & lemon bars!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    Nice job on both. I'm guilty of bookmarking and never looking back. The one that comes to mind that I really wanted to try was a "red enchilada sauce."  Maybe when I retire  :)
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM