Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zoom/Speakeasy on for Friday 5/7 (9 PM EDT) -the last with the weekly flavour- Going part-time here-

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,378
edited May 2021 in EggHead Forum
To all-
I have expected this day to come as we have managed (although still a he!! of a long way from herd immunity) to ease the constraints of living within your own covid comfort level.  The social and mental enjoyment of this past year+ afforded by these Friday night interactions have been invaluable.  I have obviously very much enjoyed the whole deal.  But it is time for a change although for regulars it will not be much, if anything.  
The gracious host/aka chairman @JohnInCarolina and I have decided that I will revert to a part-time status (taking the requisite pay cut :) ) and will endeavor to ensure the Speakeasy is fully ready for patrons on the fourth Friday of each month, commencing May 28th (which happens to be National Brisket Day BTW).  For the other of the every Fridays he will make the Zoom/Speakeasy available but unfettered.  Many thanks for enabling this to continue but hopefully a new and acceptable "normal" will emerge and the doors will be forever closed.  
I will drop in, schedule depending and will always enjoy the interactions.
Thank you to all who have engaged and contributed to a great and entertaining Friday evening every week.  I cannot put a value on the laughs and learning experiences that I have experienced and enjoyed.
See ya 5/7.
Stay healthy and safe out there.  
Cap
P.S.  the details:
You will enjoy yourself however long you visit.  Social distancing is a given. Beverage(s) of your choice.  
Politics and religion make up the third rail and are off-limits.
Upfront thanks to @JohnInCarolina (aka The Chairman) for enabling this to happen.
Zoom site linked here:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373     
Password is unchanged since inception 12+ months ago and will be gladly provided, just ask.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Cap, You da man! Appreciate you very much. Enjoy every minute.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Say what you want, Frank will be the last man standing if the day ever comes. It takes a special person to have accomplished what he (you) have.....and impacted many. 

#Leadership
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I am sorry that I haven’t made an appearance, Frank. Rightly or wrongly, I live my online life relatively anonymously; besides, no one needs to see my ugly mug. 

I think it is abundantly obvious to your fellow members that you are a man to watch for the abundance of lessons you impart simply by being you. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options

besides, no one needs to see my ugly mug. 

Obviously, you’ve not been inspecting our screen caps too closely.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - The deal from the anniversary event still stands; just show up and you can wear a bag over your mug and do a Star Wars voice over!  It's "all good."   No pressure  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Blessed to have you host every week for sure 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    no one needs to see my ugly mug. 
      I bet mine is uglier! 🤣😂

Options
    @Stormbringer...would that it were true but I can't sing worth a lick B)
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Shameless bump as you would expect nothing less.   B)
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Stormbringer- If there is a continued appreciation for the Zoom/Speakeasy engagements on your side of the pond I will gladly open it up at 5PM EDT-10 PM BST on the 28th.  I will make the PM offer a bit later tonight (EDT).
    Might as well go with a "full monty" regarding the opening  B)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Stormbringer- If there is a continued appreciation for the Zoom/Speakeasy engagements on your side of the pond I will gladly open it up at 5PM EDT-10 PM BST on the 28th.  I will make the PM offer a bit later tonight (EDT).

• lousubcap
    Options
    Not like you are reading it- meant as the following:
    "The full monty (or the full Monty) is a British slang phrase of uncertain origin. It means "everything which is necessary, appropriate or possible; 'the works'"."  But I figured the phrase would elicit some responses.   B) 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Cap, glad I had the chance to stop by once! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    A greater host is unknown to me. Thank you for hosting and making everyone feel welcome. Everyone experiences success and failures, having hosted this intersect, was a success, beyond measure. Hope we all cross paths again.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    lousubcap said:

^^ this. 😂
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Slang for "everything - (all the holes)"
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a "Full Monty", as long as it's consensual.

Also known as a “leaky submarine,” according to the web. Lol. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Also known as a “leaky submarine,” according to the web. Lol. 
    Surprising that’s not the metaphor cap used...
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Cap is/was not smart enough to know that.  Besides leaky submarine is not a term of endearment!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I am not going to invoke the college rules of "show-time" before abandoning the lecture hall.  However, we are at the full professor appearance window now.   B)
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Good to see @lousubcap wearing a tux for this historic event ... and in his words, I'm getting too old for this ****. :D 

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• lousubcap
    Options
    No singing here-I just left the Zoom/Speakeasy in immensely capable hands as noted above.  (I don't think @Stormbringert ever sleeps!) It was a great evening as they all are, punctuated by moments of sheer brilliance.  Thanks to all who participated, many laughs along the way.
    Reminder:  Absent anything else-Friday May 28th doors open at 5 PM (EDT/10 PM BST) as our great friends from across the pond will be on.  
    It's been a most enjoyable run to date.  
    Until the next time-
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Cap
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sorry to have missed the show last night again.  Looks like a good mix!