Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When the going gets tough...

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2023
    Options
    To the surprise of absolutely nobody actually paying attention:

On one hand, Biden is one of the longest serving politicians in US history, and this ain’t his first rodeo.  He’s seen enough bodies dug up that he knows how that plays out.

On the other, all signs point to Joe actually being a bonafide, good, altruistic person and it would seem out of character for him to do anything he thought was morally wrong.

If all you knew about Joe was what you heard from voices on your AM radio or Faux News, this would be surprising to you.
    Options

On one hand, Biden is one of the longest serving politicians in US history, and this ain’t his first rodeo.  He’s seen enough bodies dug up that he knows how that plays out.

On the other, all signs point to Joe actually being a bonafide, good, altruistic person and it would seem out of character for him to do anything he thought was morally wrong.

If all you knew about Joe was what you heard from voices on your AM radio or Faux News, this would be surprising to you.
    Jimmy Carter was a nice guy too.......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Jimmy Carter was dealt a bad hand, whoever was president in that term was going to take the heat.  Sadly it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
    Options

Despite @fishlessman 's snark, I agree with you.  There was a collective sigh of relief all over the globe when he won; he reaffirmed NATO just when it needed to be; got the members to support an innocent, and necessary, non-NATO member; got at least half of his Infrastructure bill passed (and when it finally happens that two packed airliners collide at a major airport, the fascists will point to Biden but it was THEY who removed the 40-year-overdue upgrades to air traffic control from his bill); he finally broke the back (initially) of Big Pharma, diabetics are finally getting some financial relief (I've got a friend in Phoenix who lost his home, despite his Nursing job, because of insulin costs, he's much happier now); historic records of employment; moving high-tech/chip manufacturing back to the US before China destroys Taiwan; record numbers of American ON health insurance; etc.  

The magats want to return to the "good ol' days" of traitor: Huge increases in the economy (if you want to just look at the stock market, during the pandemic; the stockholders did really, really well!); the $1,900,000,000,000.00 tax cut to the top 1% (FEEL the tinkle-down!); the best health-care plan we've ever seen, benefitting everyone (signed on his first day in office as he promised!); his destruction of US trust in science, killing off over a million weak and unproductive old US citizens (a world record!) via COVID; completely reversing the poison of the BLM movement, turning our nation against ALL of those who aren't Exactly Like Him!; energizing the repugnican state politicians to ban books, education and free speech (Go Authoritarianism!!!)  

Whew.  I need a pressure-relief post more than once a week.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ^^^ That's the tip of the iceberg.  You could argue Trump's reign destabilized the entire planet.  When strongman authoritarian leaders see the mighty America embrace their game plan, they started doubling down on it.  (Russia, Israel, Hungry, Turkey, Philippines, N Korea, etc.  Now it's almost mainstream and, in fact, CPAC held a conference in Hungary ( detail ).

"All of the international democracy rating agencies agree that Hungary is no longer a democracy. And the U.S. hasn't had a president be best buddies with a dictator before," quote from article above.

I don't get why the anti-woke agenda, which is a push to take freedom away from minority groups of citizens is so enticing that they (mainstream GOP today) seem to be either willing or oblivious to the actual loss of freedom we now take for granted that's occurring in these "model" nations.   My guess is because of the framing of "woke" issues as something that Jesus actually wanted, not like the altruistic prophet he's painted to be in scripture. 

We may have reached the tipping point with the supreme court stacked with a pro-christian (analogy - sharia law lovin) majority.  They get boners allowing unlimited dark money into politics, seeking to support abortion bans, now attacking contraceptives (Thomas), Gini fighting to overturn an election they failed to prove was fraudulent. 

I could go on for a hundred pages, but I CARE ABOUT BIG GREEN EGGS.  

Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    The constant flow of hurt snowflakes (the real ones) on farcebook has been quite a source of amusement these last few days.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Lol!
    Options
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I'm starting to think there is something fishy about this Thomas chap.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    ProPublica to be incorrectly labeled state sponsored media on twitter in 3, 2, 1
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Legume said:
    ProPublica to be incorrectly labeled state sponsored media on twitter in 3, 2, 1
    I thought I'd read, about 6 months ago or so, that the CEO for PP was changed out by a very right-wing type person; while its on my Favorites list, I don't actively follow it so don't know for sure.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Well, there is this thing regarding Fox and a trial (unless settled) on the horizon.  So, if you are gonna go down, then go with guns blazing. 
    No wonder we are so F 'ed as nation when the Fox viewership ingests this stuff as truth serum which then indirectly reinforces the CHEETO brand. 
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Well that explains why Abbott has a proverbial hard-on for the pardon (proverbial because I don’t think he can feel anything down there)
    Options
    Botch said:
    I thought I'd read, about 6 months ago or so, that the CEO for PP was changed out by a very right-wing type person; while its on my Favorites list, I don't actively follow it so don't know for sure.  
    I learned this morning that I was wrong on the above; nm.  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    What the fu@k is wrong with people?  This is classic villain behavior.  And to have a steady stream of dislikowarts supporting patently illegal and immoral behavior.  What’s happening to this country?
    Options

Man this one really stings.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options

Gotta love Nugent😝
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Gotta love Nugent😝
    He’s cracked the code for sure.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

Did he include the error bars with his data?  With those I suspect you don't get stung too bad?  His certitude likely gives him comfort, good for him.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:

So the Nuge has been… full of sh!t for a while now?  Inconceivable.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    This.

“Any presumption in favor of Thomas’s integrity and commitment to comply with the law is gone. His assurances and promises cannot be trusted. Is there more? What’s the whole story? The nation needs to know,” said Stephen Gillers, a legal ethics expert at New York University.

Gillers said all three branches of government should investigate Thomas’s compliance or noncompliance with federal ethics law. “The Supreme Court has been the glue that has held the republic together since 1790 with the Civil War the only interruption. We need the public to respect it even when it disagrees with it and to understand why it is important. Generally, the public has,” he said. “But that respect is now in serious jeopardy, and others must do something to stop the free fall.”

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I'm starting to think there is something fishy about this Thomas chap.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I am beyond thinking.  I was a bit cautious during his hearings way back when but now there is no doubt.  When the Supreme Court is no longer above reproach and influencers we are in a very bad place. 
    Unfortunately I do not see a path to restoring the Court's reputation unless Thomas is hung out to dry which won't happen.
    Just an opinion on a mildly bourbon infused evening. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.