Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When the going gets tough...

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options

The going getting tough:

And what do we do?

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• HeavyG
    Options
    The MyPillow founder claimed he had data showing Chinese interference and said he’d pay $5 million to anyone who could prove the material was not from the 2020 election. A computer scientist is entitled to the prize, arbitrators ruled.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @HeavyG - enjoyed the above read.  Thanks.
    How sweet it is!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    The MyPillow founder claimed he had data showing Chinese interference and said he’d pay $5 million to anyone who could prove the material was not from the 2020 election. A computer scientist is entitled to the prize, arbitrators ruled.

edited April 2023
    Options

Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/04/20/cleta-mitchell-voting-college-students/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F39c6882%2F64416907afd891675414cbcb%2F5e6014f6ae7e8a0d54bc95ab%2F27%2F72%2F64416907afd891675414cbcb&wp_cu=b3a77ce0a027ec33ad2cd1d53239c807%7CA00E96A8D5DE52B8E0530100007F4347

Top GOP lawyer decries ease of campus voting in private pitch to RNC
    A presentation by Cleta Mitchell at a donor retreat urged tougher rules that could make it harder for college students to cast ballots

By Josh Dawsey and Amy Gardner
    April 20, 2023 at 11:28 a.m. EDT

Cleta Mitchell speaks at the Pennsylvania Leadership Conference in Camp Hill, Pa., last year. The longtime GOP lawyer and fundraiser worked closely with former president Donald Trump to try to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. (Matt Rourke/AP)

NASHVILLE — A top Republican legal strategist told a roomful of GOP donors over the weekend that conservatives must band together to limit voting on college campuses, same-day voter registration and automatic mailing of ballots to registered voters, according to a copy of her presentation reviewed by The Washington Post.
    Cleta Mitchell, a longtime GOP lawyer and fundraiser who worked closely with former president Donald Trump to try to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, gave the presentation at a Republican National Committee donor retreat in Nashville on Saturday.
    The presentation — which had more than 50 slides and was labeled “A Level Playing Field for 2024” — offered a window into a strategy that seems designed to reduce voter access and turnout among certain groups, including students and those who vote by mail, both of which tend to skew Democratic.
    Mitchell did not respond to a request for comment, and it is unclear whether she delivered the presentation exactly as it was prepared on her PowerPoint slides. But in addition to the presentation, The Post listened to audio of portions of the presentation obtained by liberal journalist Lauren Windsor in which Mitchell discussed limiting campus and early voting.
    “What are these college campus locations?” she asked, according to the audio. “What is this young people effort that they do? They basically put the polling place next to the student dorm so they just have to roll out of bed, vote, and go back to bed.”
    The GOP has not formally endorsed Mitchell’s plan but has worked closely with her since Trump left office. The presentation made clear that at least some key figures within the party remain intent on tightening rules for voting and elections. The persistence of the message as the 2024 vote approaches comes despite the fact that candidates who emphasized Trump’s stolen election narrative were repudiated in many key statewide races in the 2022 midterms.
    After the presentation, Mitchell was seen at the Four Seasons hotel bar, meeting with donors and Republican strategists.

(I'm guessing the link is firewalled, so I copied a front section of it.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    we had a good run as a country

• lousubcap
    Options
    I have no doubt that the CHEETO (love typing that) loyalists (33-38% as of now) in the R party are F'ed enough to hold together.  Thus the only chance the party has is to coalesce around another candidate for the nomination is to cull the herd and early with someone who will front up to the CHEETO (Chris Christie...?)
    Based on the Dominion suit settlement, Fox does not want to alienate their audience and thus the audience will not give permission.
    Any suitable alternate candidate on the ballot in 2024 (even POTUS) can beat this clown.  Off a lightly bourbon infused soap-box.
    I loathe CHEETO.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Oh no, Fox’s liability insurance premium increased by a few percent….at least Rupert can’t be compelled to testify….and none the Trump hating talking/lying clowns.  Can’t pop that ignorance bubble, it’s lucrative AF.

on one hand the country is tearing itself apart.  But at least Fox News is keeping its ratings up.
    edited April 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have no doubt that the CHEETO (love typing that) loyalists (33-38% as of now) in the R party are F'ed enough to hold together.  Thus the only chance the party has is to coalesce around another candidate for the nomination is to cull the herd and early with someone who will front up to the CHEETO (Chris Christie...?)
    Two chances, actually:
    1.  Coalescing around a more suitable candidate (as you mentioned) was my initial hope but my favorite (Larry Hogan) was the first to self-eliminate to narrow the field; but I'm not sure the 33-38% would've supported him anyway (he was about governing and compromise, not hatred and kicking down at people who aren't Exactly Like Me).  
    2.  Our biggest chance, at this time, is for Garland and the DoJ to do their f***ing job and arrest/convict traitor, and his supporters in congress, for their sedition.  This is my final hope.

Along with a low-level civil servant, possibly retired, to fill a van with fertilizer and fuel oil and park in front of Faux News during prime-time (hopefully with murdoch on-site).  It would at least delay the oligarch's destruction of democracy.  

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Based on the Dominion suit settlement, Fox does not want to alienate their audience and thus the audience will not give permission.
    Any suitable alternate candidate on the ballot in 2024 (even POTUS) can beat this clown.  Off a lightly bourbon infused soap-box.
    I loathe CHEETO.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.
    The blueprint exists since the democrats basically did what you're suggesting by undermining a Sanders campaign that had some momentum during the previous cycle but everyone knew he would not be able to go the distance against Trump. The candidates quickly dropped out and threw their support behind Biden because they were willing to put the party/country ahead of their own interests. Not sure anyone (or enough) within the GOP are willing to be selfless enough to follow that example.
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    Options

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Tucker ousted from fox😳
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    Two chances, actually:
    1.  Coalescing around a more suitable candidate (as you mentioned) was my initial hope but my favorite (Larry Hogan) was the first to self-eliminate to narrow the field; but I'm not sure the 33-38% would've supported him anyway (he was about governing and compromise, not hatred and kicking down at people who aren't Exactly Like Me).  
    2.  Our biggest chance, at this time, is for Garland and the DoJ to do their f***ing job and arrest/convict traitor, and his supporters in congress, for their sedition.  This is my final hope.

Along with a low-level civil servant, possibly retired, to fill a van with fertilizer and fuel oil and park in front of Faux News during prime-time (hopefully with murdoch on-site).  It would at least delay the oligarch's destruction of democracy.  
    Did you really want to post this permanently on the interwebs? Solicitation of mass murder that would include secretary’s, delivery people, and anyone who just happens to drive by? Think about it for a while.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Part of Dominion settlement? I heard CNN is still looking for Cuomo's replacement  =)
    Who's next?

Edit: next stop US Senate?
    canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    As John would say. CNN just felt movement 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Tucker ousted from fox😳
    I guess he Tucked around and found out!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man Don Lemon got canned by CNN on the same day.  I haven’t seen as much blood in the water as this since Jaws!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Tucker ousted from fox😳
    How sweet it is...

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    Oh no, Fox’s liability insurance premium increased by a few percent….at least Rupert can’t be compelled to testify….and none the Trump hating talking/lying clowns.  Can’t pop that ignorance bubble, it’s lucrative AF.

on one hand the country is tearing itself apart.  But at least Fox News is keeping its ratings up.

the tax write-off will compensate the premium increase.....its almost like dominian and fox got together and planned this all out way way ahead of time, shook hands and grinned
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Tucker ousted from fox😳
    Holy crap, this morning I thought this was a 3rd possibility you were adding to my two above; this actually happened.

That... kinda surprises me.    

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Tucker ousted from fox😳
    Holy crap, this morning I thought this was a 3rd possibility you were adding to my two above; this actually happened.

That... kinda surprises me.    
    It surprised me too, Botch.  I… did nazi that coming…
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited April 2023
    Options
    While discussing tucker carlson's firing, the lady hosting The Daily Show this week said, "I can't believe the network so against gender-affirming surgery just cut off their own dyck."
    I can't stop laughing.