Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Stupid funny. Me like stupid funny!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @jdmyers

Love the concept. I take it they all ordered from the value menu?
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    Probably the $.99 cent 
    Columbus, Ohio
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Looks like Triple F was on the road with some of their stable.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Someone needs to get a raise after seeing the new Prius. While a little strange looking at certain angles it's a big upgrade in my personal opinion. 

https://youtu.be/GC0nTBC-Jvs
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    2024 Corvette E-Ray.  6.2L V8 powering the rear wheels, 125 ft-lb electric powering the front, 0-60, 2.5 sec, comes in a rag-top, and almost affordable.
    Sick.

https://youtu.be/Snds5UGeTG0

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• nolaegghead
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Options
    I love the mega cab. They are roomier than you’d think. I had three 17 year old boys who are bigger than me in the backseat of mine last night. 1 hour ride each way. They had plenty of room.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sorry to see you looking to part with this gem, @Ozzie_Isaac but I understand times are tough:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2017-audi-r8-20/
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Sorry to see you looking to part with this gem, @Ozzie_Isaac but I understand times are tough:

I thought prices were coming down to reality? I know it's not stock and low miles but 200K+ for an automatic R8? I know manual transmissions are way up on the R8 but I'm surprised it has passed 200k mark. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I thought prices were coming down to reality? I know it's not stock and low miles but 200K+ for an automatic R8? I know manual transmissions are way up on the R8 but I'm surprised it has passed 200k mark. 
    The automatic transmissions the latest high-performance cars have in them are actually faster off the line than manuals.  

You might want to peruse the comments to get some insight into why the current bid is where it is.  Or just watch the video of it smoking a modified Lambo off the line at the drag strip.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    edited January 2023
    Options

It just doesn't tow as well as I hoped.  Plus the tuning causes so much flame from the exhaust it was damaging my trailers.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Holy smokes reading through the comments, this is from the seller, so just under 1,600 rwhp on stock internals!  Either this engine is massively overbuilt from the factory or a timebomb.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Holy smokes reading through the comments, this is from the seller, so just under 1,600 rwhp on stock internals!  Either this engine is massively overbuilt from the factory or a timebomb.

Well, after spending more than $200k just on performance mods alone, one would certainly hope it's not a time bomb. But hey, everyone has to die sometime and why not go out in style?  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    "Will this 200k of bolt-on and tuning stuff make my car sparky and explosivy?"
    Options
    WeberWho said:

The automatic transmissions the latest high-performance cars have in them are actually faster off the line than manuals.  

You might want to peruse the comments to get some insight into why the current bid is where it is.  Or just watch the video of it smoking a modified Lambo off the line at the drag strip.  
    It's hard to find any super car in anything but a dual clutch nowadays. Definitely faster. Audi only makes automatic transmission vehicles for the US. No manual R8's. With most future super cars going electric anything manual right now is sky rocketing in value. A stock clean low mile manual R8 is a future collector car. I was surprised to see the dual clutch transmission at that price point. That could be a very hard 9K miles on it. 

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

It's hard to find any super car in anything but a dual clutch nowadays. Definitely faster. Audi only makes automatic transmission vehicles for the US. No manual R8's. With most future super cars going electric anything manual right now is sky rocketing in value. A stock clean low mile manual R8 is a future collector car. I was surprised to see the dual clutch transmission at that price point. That could be a very hard 9K miles on it. 
    Probably the $200k in performance enhancements has something to do with the bids.  You're looking at a base vehicle that cost $200k five years ago, with $200k worth of enhancements.  

I totally get your point about manual transmissions though.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It sold for $234k.  What a steal!  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    It sold for $234k.  What a steal!  
    Is there an additional 10% buyers fee like Barret Jackson does?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Saw this American sized dually on the road today 

Merica
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Caught one in the wild today (not very often):
    At a hardware store ...

Is that your dentist?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    I almost mentioned it was not but rather than be direct I offered the hardware store locale.  If I ever catch one again I will make sure to let you know, dentist or not... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    Just a normal day in Naples Fl

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Is that Pitbull posing with the Valet?  My parents bought a place down there this past October. I get pictures like this sent to me almost every other day. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Is that Pitbull posing with the Valet?  My parents bought a place down there this past October. I get pictures like this sent to me almost every other day. 
    Why don’t you post them here so we can all live vicariously through your parents?!?!?