Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates 2.0

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    https://www.newsweek.com/mother-children-drink-urine-false-covid-treatment-whatsapp-1570510

Paging @Eoin and @CPFC1905 and @Stormbringer on this one.  I don’t *think* we have any Americans actively drinking urine to ward off covid just yet, but… give us time.
    Well then …  looks like it’s not just us @j@JohnInCarolina 😂

https://twitter.com/joshmalina/status/1480636848850423810?s=25
    Oh I know, that's the same guy I mentioned, just above.  

The video is kind of amazing, in the unintentional-comedy / cringe sort of way.  Here it is for anyone who's missed it:

I can't quite tell if he said Pee Reviewed or Peer Reviewed research.
    What's to dislike!?  I'm a dad! I'm entitled to tell jokes whether they hit the mark or not.   Since we can't have an agree button, we certainly will not see a groan button. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited January 2022
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    https://www.newsweek.com/mother-children-drink-urine-false-covid-treatment-whatsapp-1570510

Paging @Eoin and @CPFC1905 and @Stormbringer on this one.  I don’t *think* we have any Americans actively drinking urine to ward off covid just yet, but… give us time.

The video is kind of amazing, in the unintentional-comedy / cringe sort of way.  Here it is for anyone who's missed it:

What's to dislike!?  I'm a dad! I'm entitled to tell jokes whether they hit the mark or not.   Since we can't have an agree button, we certainly will not see a groan button. 
    Haha, hit the mark as in not missing the pee collection cup?
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:

Haha, hit the mark as in not missing the pee collection cup?

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Today's SC decision is a victory for the very people it will help kill.
    Options
    ^^^ Ayup.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Actually what it does is put the mandate back on the states, as designed below with regard to companies, and more importantly the 10th amendment to the US Constitution.  However the court allowed a more modest mandate requiring health care workers at facilities receiving federal money to be vaccinated.

The vote in the employer mandate case was 6 to 3, with the liberal justices in dissent. The vote in the health care case was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh joining the liberal justices to form a majority.

The 10th Amendment

The debate over states’ rights started with the writing of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. During the Constitutional Convention, the Federalists, led by John Adams, argued for a powerful federal government, while the Anti-federalists, led by Patrick Henry, opposed the Constitution unless it contained a set of amendments specifically listing and ensuring certain rights of the people and the states. Fearing that the states would fail to ratify the Constitution without it, the Federalists agreed to include the Bill of Rights.

In establishing American government’s power-sharing system of federalism, the Bill of Rights' 10th Amendment holds that all rights and powers not specifically reserved to Congress by Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution or to be shared concurrently by the federal and state governments are reserved by either the states or by the people.

In order to prevent the states from claiming too much power, the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) holds that all laws enacted by the state governments must comply with the Constitution, and that whenever a law enacted by a state conflicts with a federal law, the federal law must be applied.

We can debate all day long about the boundary line.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    Bad week for Biden 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Yes….a very bad week for Biden.  His big speech will become his demise!  Really don’t think he has much time left as president.  Nor his VP.  Sad time for America!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yes….a very bad week for Biden.  His big speech will become his demise!  Really don’t think he has much time left as president.  Nor his VP.  Sad time for America!
    Your ideas intrigue me. Do you have a newsletter or something I could subscribe to?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I'll leave this here. A comment from a nephrologist about the urine consumption trend:
    "Once they buy into the idea they are not going to get vaccinated, they are desperate for alternatives.” 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Actually what it does is put the mandate back on the states, as designed below with regard to companies, and more importantly the 10th amendment to the US Constitution.  However the court allowed a more modest mandate requiring health care workers at facilities receiving federal money to be vaccinated.

The vote in the employer mandate case was 6 to 3, with the liberal justices in dissent. The vote in the health care case was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh joining the liberal justices to form a majority.

The 10th Amendment

The debate over states’ rights started with the writing of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. During the Constitutional Convention, the Federalists, led by John Adams, argued for a powerful federal government, while the Anti-federalists, led by Patrick Henry, opposed the Constitution unless it contained a set of amendments specifically listing and ensuring certain rights of the people and the states. Fearing that the states would fail to ratify the Constitution without it, the Federalists agreed to include the Bill of Rights.

In establishing American government’s power-sharing system of federalism, the Bill of Rights' 10th Amendment holds that all rights and powers not specifically reserved to Congress by Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution or to be shared concurrently by the federal and state governments are reserved by either the states or by the people.

In order to prevent the states from claiming too much power, the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) holds that all laws enacted by the state governments must comply with the Constitution, and that whenever a law enacted by a state conflicts with a federal law, the federal law must be applied.

We can debate all day long about the boundary line.  
    Cap,

Hopefully the states can get away with as much mandating as seems possible, although in our case, the conservative/republican state legislature has limited the power of our governor after the initial shock wave of Covid response.

The Tenth Amendment came along four years after the constitution was written, in the hopes it would help sell the states. Article 1 section 8 of the constitution contains what are known as the "General Welfare" and the "Elastic Clause". The gist of those is to give our federal government the power to decide what is necessary and proper, and write any laws to effect that. The states being given "any powers not delegated to the US" is pretty much worthless in light of that. This was as true in 1787 as it is in 2022.

Unfortunately, the tenth amendment is about as toothless as the other nine of the Bill of Rights.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited January 2022
    Options
    The Biden administration had a very bad week. They truly want to keep us scared of the pandemic, and under their control. They lose control and power when they can’t lockdown schools & businesses. On the other hand. America had a very good week!  Lets go Brandon. The Dem’s are not looking forward to the mid-term elections!  Lots of early retirements.
    Hillary is really getting excited now!
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    The Biden administration had a very bad week. They truly want to keep us scared of the pandemic, and under their control. They lose control and power when they can’t lockdown schools & businesses. On the other hand. America had a very good week!  Lets go Brandon. The Dem’s are not looking forward to the mid-term elections!  Lots of early retirements.
    You're a blithering idiot, and it doesn't take a Democrat to recognize it.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Canugghead
    Options

RN= Registered Nurse, or Republican Nutjob? 
    “On one hand we have Brandon, who as you'll see is one of the biggest conspiracy nuts we've had on this site, and on the other hand is his wife, Wendy, who has to deal with the pain, worry, and anguish of his illness. Wendy writes out her feelings and all of the details of everything she is dealing with, and does so with brutal honesty combined with grace. Some of her posts are so long that I've added some text-to-speech audio of her posts so you can listen while you work or exercise or whatever you do as a healthy and protected vaccinated individual. 
    canuckland
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Kayak said:
    You're a blithering idiot, and it doesn't take a Democrat to recognize it.
    Wow…guess I hit a nerve!  Easy to see you are a Trump hater (Dem) that regrets voting for Biden 😂!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Apparently Serbia is worse than Russia, I guess they make Djokovit.
    canuckland
  • littlerascal56
    edited January 2022
    Options
    So the Teachers Union is corrupt and should be eliminated. Shame on them for using parents & kids to promote their agenda.
  • lousubcap
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Monday morning quarterbacking some 19+ months later can yield different opinions, no question.  But until you have been under the gun to make the decision at the time with the info you have... 
    Edit: In other words, you are responsible, accountable and you know you own it.  You do the best you can at the time.  The quarterbackers have never been there.  
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Monday morning quarterbacking some 19+ months later can yield different opinions, no question.  But until you have been under the gun to make the decision at the time with the info you have... 
    Edit: In other words, you are responsible, accountable and you know you own it.  You do the best you can at the time.  The quarterbackers have never been there.  
    Frank-agree 100%.  I managed my crews and 5 departments for 41 years…and made huge (and expensive) decisions daily.  Bottom line is I was responsible for all that while “under my watch”!  Biden has the same responsibility. Sad.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Frank-agree 100%.  I managed my crews and 5 departments for 41 years…and made huge (and expensive) decisions daily.  Bottom line is I was responsible for all that while “under my watch”!  Biden has the same responsibility. Sad.
    It’s funny because you wrote “agree 100%” when the response ran counter to what you’d just posted.  A LittleRascal56, divided against itself, cannot stand.
  • littlerascal56
    edited January 2022
    Options
    John- you’re fuc-ked up! Are you smoking dope? You make no sense whatsoever.  Not sure if you understand what “accountability” means in the real world, as you don’t deal with that in the “education” field.  I lived in a corporate environment, and the board of directors would not put up with the $hit that universities deem acceptable.  Grow some balls and be accountable. 

And don’t forget to comment on your @Terpderpitude troll account!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    John- you’re fuc-ked up! Are you smoking dope? You make no sense whatsoever.  Not sure if you understand what “accountability” means in the real world, as you don’t deal with that in the “education” field.  I lived in a corporate environment, and the board of directors would not put up with the $hit that universities deem acceptable.  Grow some balls and be accountable. 

And don’t forget to comment on your @Terpderpitude troll account!
    Is this the “no holes barred” approach to forum commenting?
  • Coastal_OReggON
    Options
    @nolaegghead - she's  definitely "done" with covid...   I wish this was the first example of this that I've seen.
    Curry County, OR
    LBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A sad way to end it all.
    Options
    Sad indeed, and surviving family members have to pick up the pieces.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    You know it's real but when you read a personal story, it hits home. 
    Condolences.