Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic updates

What's going on in your neck of the woods?
Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
Moncure N.C.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    edited November 2020
    La Fiesta de los Vaqueros in 2021, largest rodeo in my neck of the woods was just cancelled.  It is usually the end of February.  Really bummed since it was my daughters last year to run until she gets her pro card.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    We just limited gatherings to 10 again
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    La Fiesta de los Vaqueros in 2021, largest rodeo in my neck of the woods was just cancelled.  It is usually the end of February.  Really bummed since it was my daughters last year to run until she gets her pro card.
    Dang poor kid, that stuff is important for them.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited November 2020
    Space Coast County Fair https://www.visitspacecoast.com/event/space-coast-state-fair
    Sponsored by a local hospital which shall remain unnamed. This thing is going on for another 8 days. Guess the hospital needs more customers. Our numbers of positive covid test are up and this is going on. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • frazzdaddy
    SciAggie said:
    People around here amaze me.

I live in a rural agricultural community. People understand livestock. There isn't a soul that doesn't vaccinate for brucellosis and leptospirosis. In the old days before a bangs vaccine, people had brucellosis-free herds. You wouldn't DREAM of introducing an animal into your heard that hadn't been quarantined until you knew it was bangs-free. 
    Students show pigs and keep them together in the Ag barn. You let a pig so much as cough and they'll move it away into the quarantine pens so fast it'll give you whiplash...
    Folks that show horses or rodeo know you need a certified health certificate to transport horses over state lines.

Now these same good folks. That know all of this....
    Act like COVID is no big deal. Our schools have shut down. Churches are making changes. Business is suffering.

All because folks won't apply the same logic to themselves that they do to livestock. It has me completely mystified... 

So how's it going? Like a baby treats a diaper around here.
    Same here, it defies logic.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Our state removed all occupancy restrictions last week but extended the mask order. Guess we will see how this goes. 
    LBGE
    AL
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    36 new cases with a population of 250k. Not much going on here.
  • frazzdaddy
    SamIAm2 said:
    Space Coast County Fair https://www.visitspacecoast.com/event/space-coast-state-fair
    Sponsored by a local hospital which shall remain unnamed. This thing is going on for another 8 days. Guess the hospital needs more customers. Our numbers of positive covid test are up and this is going on. 
    That's scary. State shut ours down a while back. Only time since the WWII years I believe.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SciAggie said:
    People around here amaze me.

I live in a rural agricultural community. People understand livestock. There isn't a soul that doesn't vaccinate for brucellosis and leptospirosis. In the old days before a bangs vaccine, people had brucellosis-free herds. You wouldn't DREAM of introducing an animal into your heard that hadn't been quarantined until you knew it was bangs-free. 
    Students show pigs and keep them together in the Ag barn. You let a pig so much as cough and they'll move it away into the quarantine pens so fast it'll give you whiplash...
    Folks that show horses or rodeo know you need a certified health certificate to transport horses over state lines.

Now these same good folks. That know all of this....
    Act like COVID is no big deal. Our schools have shut down. Churches are making changes. Business is suffering.

All because folks won't apply the same logic to themselves that they do to livestock. It has me completely mystified... 

So how's it going? Like a baby treats a diaper around here.
    When COVID all started and masks were mandated, we went to a horse show.  There was a VS outbreak at a nearby ranch.  Every horse needed a vet check at the gate.  Temp and mouth checked or you were not allowed to compete.  Not a word about COVID or masks.

We take disease very serious in our horses.  Mention strangles and the bleach is brought out, and horses instantly quarantined.  

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Colorado is on fire with Covid cases, urban, suburban and rural.  This will get worse if we start to see a lot of out of state ski tourism.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2020
    County of 95k people, we’ve had 13 cases in the last 24hrs. Pretty quiet here which is amazing considering everything is basically back open at 75%-90% and we border Dallas County.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2020
    We just went to "phase 3.2" - bars 100% outside capacity, 25% inside.   French quarter (I have not been there in months) I hear is packed.  Hospitals aren't bad, plenty of capacity.  I think we'll be needed it.  Soon.

History - our city got hammered early on because Mardi Gras was during the early wild-fire of infections.  Our state and mayor shut everything down.  They've been pretty good, despite protests that the virus is all a big hoax, on keeping it shut down.  Last couple month areas around us have been opening faster than New Orleans and the numbers reflect that.  New Orleans is opening now to catch up.  What could possibly go wrong?
    edited November 2020
    @Ozzie_Isaac That's my point. I raised cattle for years. I grew up showing horses in 4-H and later AQHA. I can appreciate what you are saying. Livestock and horse health is something that should be taken seriously. But at least around here these same folks will fight you before they will wear a mask or think twice about where they are going. As a consequence our little community is a wreck at the moment. It really wasn't the kids that messed up and got the school shut down. It was parents and grandparents that were too cavalier about the virus. I honestly try to see things from their point of view but I'll confess I don't understand their thinking.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @SciAggie Here are two memes that have been around since this all started, that encapsulate your point.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Ozzie_Isaac Those are funny. And they are true. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    SamIAm2 said:
    The unnamed hospital is listed in website sponsors list.  Safest day to visit is Tuesday since it’s closed on Mondays ‘for extra cleaning’  =)

Our CNE was cancelled. Daily new case counts in Ontario are getting worse than ever, from low of below 100 few months ago to 1000+ now.

canuckland
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    We just went to "phase 3.2" - bars 100% outside capacity, 25% inside.   French quarter (I have not been there in months) I hear is packed.  Hospitals aren't bad, plenty of capacity.  I think we'll be needed it.  Soon.

History - our city got hammered early on because Mardi Gras was during the early wild-fire of infections.  Our state and mayor shut everything down.  They've been pretty good, despite protests that the virus is all a big hoax, on keeping it shut down.  Last couple month areas around us have been opening faster than New Orleans and the numbers reflect that.  New Orleans is opening now to catch up.  What could possibly go wrong?

Well, your state attorney general could sue your governor in order to enforce a resolution passed by your state legislature to strip your governor of his emergency powers so that all mask mandates and capacity restrictions would be lifted.

NOLA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    buzd504 said:

Well, your state attorney general could sue your governor in order to enforce a resolution passed by your state legislature to strip your governor of his emergency powers so that all mask mandates and capacity restrictions would be lifted.

Funny thing, a judge just blocked an attempt by Republican state house members to do just that. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    5.6 cases per 100k residents. County population is 3.2 million 

The counties around us are in the more restrictive tier so kids aren’t in classrooms and indoor dining is not allowed. I rarely see people without masks on here but I do see the yahoos who wear them like chin straps or just over their mouths. There’s the occasional viral video of those weirdos who go into small little mom and pop businesses and preach that they’re going to sue them for violating their rights. 

Good thing my wife and I hardly bicker at each other and our kids are (mostly) a joy to be around, the four of us spent most of our time together before the pandemic so it hasn’t been all that bad. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    ColbyLang said:
    buzd504 said:

Funny thing, a judge just blocked an attempt by Republican state house members to do just that. 

And the AG is already crying about it.
    NOLA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    mcdonalds seems to be upping their game here, pretty much fresh to order. the quarter pounder is drip juicy. hopefully this sticks.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    so far the infection rate on the boat remains at 0.00 percent,  population 2
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Except, of course, for an occasional case of ick (ciliate protozoan Ichthyophthirius multifiliis). =)
    edited November 2020

Except, of course, for an occasional case of ick (ciliate protozoan Ichthyophthirius multifiliis). =)
    PSA, chloroquine will only cure that in fish.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    so what exactly do i do with that chloroquine bottle on the shelf, it didnt even cure arthritis
    fukahwee maine

• frazzdaddy
    so what exactly do i do with that chloroquine bottle on the shelf, it didnt even cure arthritis
    You can kill invertebrates (fish worms) with it if that helps. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    You can kill invertebrates (fish worms) with it if that helps. 

good to know
    fukahwee maine

• In NM we have had some of the strictest rules in the country and right now have some of the highest infection rate. 1500 cases yesterday. 

2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM