Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Interesting New Cooker

CTMikeCTMike Posts: 2,434
edited October 15 in EggHead Forum
Gozney Dome:

https://us.gozney.com/products/dome

Could be a great addition if it lives up to its billing.

Includes steam injection - that feature right there should sell to this @JohnInCarolina for sourdough loaves.
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• GregWGregW Posts: 2,357
    I think someone posted about this a few days ago. Looks interesting though.
    Birmingham, AL
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 7,464
    There was a thread about the Dome about a week ago - https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1225886/ot-may-cost-me-a-divorce

Does look interesting. I'm curious how their steam injector works. It just looks like a funnel with a cork top that fits in the chimney on top - does it just do a slow drip into the oven? I need some action footage.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Dik

Camped out in the (757/948/804)

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 10,978
    HeavyG said:
    There was a thread about the Dome about a week ago - https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1225886/ot-may-cost-me-a-divorce

Does look interesting. I'm curious how their steam injector works. It just looks like a funnel with a cork top that fits in the chimney on top - does it just do a slow drip into the oven? I need some action footage.
    Not only does it just look like a cork with a funnel, it is just a cork and funnel.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 2,434
    GregW said:
    I think someone posted about this a few days ago. Looks interesting though.
    Dang it, I searched on “Dome” before posting and found nothing related - sorry.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
  • Mark_B_GoodMark_B_Good Posts: 427
    If they can automate the air in ... to close loop the ambient temperature ... that would be a game changer.  But the thing looks small to me ... and I'm not sure about how easy access is when I want to cook 6 racks of ribs!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,447
    This is a price point we need. There's a huge jump in price from the $400 Roccbox/Ooni to the $3,000 full size "portable" pizza ovens. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Mark_B_GoodMark_B_Good Posts: 427
    Meh, I got my pizza oven at CAD 1400 ... about USD 1050 ... it's amazing.
    Have had it for 3 years, used it lots, still holding up fine (no tarnishing or rusting) ... and cooks really, really good quality pizzas.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-stove-oven-range/city-of-toronto/thor-kitchen-wood-fired-pizza-oven/1464714318?undefined

Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 18,488
    I'm intrigued by this thing on several levels, but I will probably wait until @The Cen-Tex Smoker buys one and can give me a review. 

I joke... partly.  

I would like to have a "full-size" WFO at some point, but I'd probably go with something like one of the Fontana ovens.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,318
    I'm intrigued by this thing on several levels, but I will probably wait until @The Cen-Tex Smoker buys one and can give me a review. 

I joke... partly.  

I would like to have a "full-size" WFO at some point, but I'd probably go with something like one of the Fontana ovens.  
    I will probably buy one, I signed up on the notification list when they become available.  I think it is way smaller than it appears to be and that is perfect for me.  I’ll let you know how it goes 😂

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 3,343
    Curious to see one in the wild- those wood splits must be chopstick sized based on the dimensions and the size of the food temp probe.  Being a little facetious but not by much. Just trying to picture how a wood fire would start and be tended with those smaller splits. Plus wondering the difficulty to make/find splits that size.  
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 18,488
    Dawgtired said:
    Looks like you would need to continually feed the fire with those small sticks. Possibly more often than with a KBQ. Looks great as a pizza oven though.
    It's dual-fired, so that you can use wood or gas or both at the same time.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

The other ahole

Living large in the 919