Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disappointed in Warranty service

Options
Bought an XL BGE in 2019 and recently noticed the fire ring is cracked in three places such that the cast iron grate will no longer stay seated (and tons of smaller pieces of charcoal fall through the cracks.  This picture was actually taken when it wasn't so bad I couldn't use the egg, but it has since gotten way worse. I submitted a warranty claim through the Ace hardware where I purchased my egg a month ago and still don't have it.  Cook most of our family meals on the egg.  I'm in Egg withdrawal and my family is getting skinny.  Couldn't find an email address on the BGE website...anyone ever needed to contact them? 
Maitland, FL
XL BGE since 2019

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Did you call Ace and ask for an update? You will have to go get it at the store it wont get shipped to you. Also thats your fire box right not fire ring?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just spoke to my egg dealer today and he said His distributor is out of all warranty parts, eggspanders, nests, and Almost all sizes of eggs. He said he has not been able to service warranty parts is several weeks. BGE and KJ are both essentially sold out
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lit
    Options
    Where are you located?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    The supply chain is totally whacked right now. And not just with BGE. Chalk it up to the current situation. We'll get by, but patience may be required. Good luck.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    With ACE being relatively new to the Egg game. I haven't read one positive warranty claim story involving ACE. That's too bad.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    With ACE being relatively new to the Egg game. I haven't read one positive warranty claim story involving ACE. That's too bad.
    I have had great success with Ace warranting my XL parts for the last 6 years or more.  2 bases, one fire ring, one fire bowl.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• briwald
    briwald Posts: 103
    Options
    Lit said:
    Where are you located?
    Orlando Florida area
    Maitland, FL
    XL BGE since 2019

• briwald
    Options
    Lit said:
    Did you call Ace and ask for an update? You will have to go get it at the store it wont get shipped to you. Also thats your fire box right not fire ring?
    Yes, Firebox, not the ring.  
    Maitland, FL
    XL BGE since 2019

• briwald
    Options
    Just spoke to my egg dealer today and he said His distributor is out of all warranty parts, eggspanders, nests, and Almost all sizes of eggs. He said he has not been able to service warranty parts is several weeks. BGE and KJ are both essentially sold out
    Thanks for the feedback, glad it is not just me.  Now that you mention it, the BGE section of the store was rather barren. 
    Maitland, FL
    XL BGE since 2019

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I reached out to BGE headquarters back at the end of May about my bands being warped on my LG (old style band). I submitted a warranty request but it took multiple emails and phone calls to get through. Even after I was able to get in contact it took a month and a half or so to get a new set of bands in, I just put them on at the beginning of August. As others have said it looks like the support and supply chain are whacked. 
    LBGE
    AL
  • Lit
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I believe the direct email for warranty is customer-support@biggreenegg.com. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ordered a tel tru thermometer direct, they are out 4 weeks for delivery. ordered a hellfire burner, delivery is end of september/early october. its the way it is, but ace has been slow even before these times
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Vegas Eggus
    Options
    I reached out to BGE headquarters back at the end of May about my bands being warped on my LG (old style band). I submitted a warranty request but it took multiple emails and phone calls to get through. Even after I was able to get in contact it took a month and a half or so to get a new set of bands in, I just put them on at the beginning of August. As others have said it looks like the support and supply chain are whacked. 
    I tried Monday and left a voice message. Also followed the link to local dealer. (New to area ). Called them explaining I need bands for replacement. They called yesterday saying they are in. It’s my understanding that it’s not a warranty item on my 9 year old large. Will pick up today. 
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    @Vegas Eggus Yea I went directly through BGE mothership. I had to send in some pictures of my old bands for the warranty replacement. I don’t see why they wouldn’t cover your egg as well, if the bands are warped? Mine was purchased 2015. 
    LBGE
    AL
  • TideEggHead
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @briwald had to dig up a few emails but try emailing this guy. He his who I was able to make some progress with on my warranty stuff.

customer-support@biggreenegg.com
    LBGE
    AL
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    edited August 2020
    Options

Basically this.
    I've been waiting on a warranty XL base. Still cooking so that's all that matters :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Vegas Eggus
    Options
    @Vegas Eggus Yea I went directly through BGE mothership. I had to send in some pictures of my old bands for the warranty replacement. I don’t see why they wouldn’t cover your egg as well, if the bands are warped? Mine was purchased 2015. 
    Just spoke with the mothership. On my own which I do understand on a 9 year old egg. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    I started a warranty claim because there was a leak on my Tel Tru Thermometer, and it filled up with water during a rain storm. I think I started the claim on a Wednesday. Following Monday it was delivered to my house. I think this is also as much about the retailer pushing for a solution, as it is a supply chain challenge.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Lit
    Options
    I started a warranty claim because there was a leak on my Tel Tru Thermometer, and it filled up with water during a rain storm. I think I started the claim on a Wednesday. Following Monday it was delivered to my house. I think this is also as much about the retailer pushing for a solution, as it is a supply chain challenge.
    BGE doesnt pay for shipping on most parts. They might have for a small thermometer but not on the bigger parts. This means you usually have to wait for the store that is handling your warranty to get a delivery they just add the warranty items to that shipment. It could be months if you go to a smaller store that doesnt sell much.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    Nice!  Was it shipped from dealer or BGE Canada?
    canuckland
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My ACE is Johnny on the Spot wit all things Egg related. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    LOL< everyone has been at home. Bicycles under $500 are nearly sold out all over the US too.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Lit
    Options
    My ACE is Johnny on the Spot wit all things Egg related. 
    What are you going to Roswell hardware Ace where they usually have them in stock to hand you? Thats how it ised to be at Roswell Hardware. I usually just drive to the mothership now.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    I had the choice to have it shipped from BGE directly (I think they are in or close to Kingston?) ... but I had to pay $10 shipping (which I did). It was that or wait 2 weeks for the next order arrival at the dealers.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    Lit said:
    BGE doesnt pay for shipping on most parts. They might have for a small thermometer but not on the bigger parts. This means you usually have to wait for the store that is handling your warranty to get a delivery they just add the warranty items to that shipment. It could be months if you go to a smaller store that doesnt sell much.
    I paid for shipping ... if it was a matter of waiting months, I'd pay shipping, and I know it could be a bit expensive.

• Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    I paid for shipping ... if it was a matter of waiting months, I'd pay shipping, and I know it could be a bit expensive.

Shipping on a fire box probably costs about the same as the fire box.
  • Vegas Eggus
    Options
    Just spoke with the mothership. On my own which I do understand on a 9 year old egg. 
    New bands installed.  Took longer to figure out the directions than to do the job.  Huge improvement.  
  • briwald
    Options
    @briwald had to dig up a few emails but try emailing this guy. He his who I was able to make some progress with on my warranty stuff.

Nick Turner
    nick.turner@biggreenegg.com
    Sincere thanks, email has been sent, and hopefully I can get some service.
    Maitland, FL
    XL BGE since 2019

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    I had the choice to have it shipped from BGE directly (I think they are in or close to Kingston?) ... but I had to pay $10 shipping (which I did). It was that or wait 2 weeks for the next order arrival at the dealers.
    Northwind Mkt (BGE Canada) relocated from Newmarket ON to Summerstown (between Cornwall and Montreal) few years ago after ownership change. I used to drive up the 400 to pick up warranty parts (heavy, fragile ceramics).
    canuckland
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    LOL< everyone has been at home. Bicycles under $500 are nearly sold out all over the US too.
    Around here (SF Bay Area) anything under $1,500 is gone.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.