Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uhmmm....

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I’m trying to imagine Melania teaching at a community college and... nope.
    I mean if it fit Vladimir's agenda I could see it.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options

It’ll be interesting to see which universities are smart enough to make a similar decision and which ones wait until it’s too late.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Botch said:
    JohnEggGio said:
    With home mortgage interest rates this low, and home mortgage interest being tax deductible (for those who itemize) - leverage!  
    Is that still true?  I thought that tax deduction went away a year or so ago (I retired my mortgage about 9 years ago, so I haven't paid too much attention...) 

i still itemize, large mortgages, low pay. it has to be higher than the deduction increases
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options

It’ll be interesting to see which universities are smart enough to make a similar decision and which ones wait until it’s too late.
    John, why does it feel like you are rooting for this to happen just to say “I told you so.”  There are other major impacts here, not just students taking classes online, lot of folks will be laid off as universities will continue to hemorrhage money over this.  We are going to see a surge here locally in cases as classes started Monday and last weekend was too social, but will hopefully settle over the coming weeks.  
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2020
    Options

John, why does it feel like you are rooting for this to happen just to say “I told you so.”  
    I don’t know, because I’m absolutely not rooting for people to get sick.  And I am acutely aware of the impacts on University staff and students related to all of this.  Come on man.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just saw this, smh...
    https://youtu.be/wd4e9qX-ZZs
    Terrible.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just saw this, smh...
    Terrible.
    I have no context for that clip.  When/who/why, but WTH?  You are in a crowded arena and you shove a person because they got too close?  Guy looks to be putting a mic on or something.  Why do some folks get so upset (not threatened, just grumpy) when people get in their space?  Same with Road Rage.  Folks act out aggressively at perceived "slights".  Uncalled for and unacceptable.

*Edit: he was pulling his credentials out.  In an unexpected twist, the person suing for injury is the unseen person shoving the person in the suit!?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Just saw this, smh...
    Terrible.
    I have no context for that clip.  When/who/why, but WTH?  You are in a crowded arena and you shove a person because they got to close?  Guy looks to be putting a mic on or something.  Why do some folks get so upset (not threatened, just grumpy) when people get in their space?  Same with Road Rage.  Folks act out aggressively at perceived "slights".  Uncalled for and unacceptable.
    I had no idea what that was about as I don't watch the NBA so off to the goog...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/video-shows-raptors-exec-masai-ujiri-was-shoved-deputy-2019-nba-finals

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It looks like the deputy is there to guard a specific area. Guy walks up with no visible credentials and attempts to walk past. Deputy pushes guy to prevent him passing. Everyone's panties get wadded. I'm not sure why suit thought he could push his way by without showing credentials - probably just excited and caught up in the moment of elation. Also not sure why deputy got immediately physical. Maybe 99 people had already tried to push by and he was at his wits end. Maybe his mom passed away the day before. Don't know.
    Maybe everyone can show a bit more patience and grace with one another and stop trying to make it racial. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Just saw this, smh...
    Terrible.
    I have no context for that clip.  When/who/why, but WTH?  You are in a crowded arena and you shove a person because they got to close?  Guy looks to be putting a mic on or something.  Why do some folks get so upset (not threatened, just grumpy) when people get in their space?  Same with Road Rage.  Folks act out aggressively at perceived "slights".  Uncalled for and unacceptable.
    I had no idea what that was about as I don't watch the NBA so off to the goog...

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/video-shows-raptors-exec-masai-ujiri-was-shoved-deputy-2019-nba-finals

Thanks for providing that.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It looks like the deputy is there to guard a specific area. Guy walks up with no visible credentials and attempts to walk past. Deputy pushes guy to prevent him passing. Everyone's panties get wadded. I'm not sure why suit thought he could push his way by without showing credentials - probably just excited and caught up in the moment of elation. Also not sure why deputy got immediately physical. Maybe 99 people had already tried to push by and he was at his wits end. Maybe his mom passed away the day before. Don't know.
    Maybe everyone can show a bit more patience and grace with one another. 
    Plenty of comments and discussions below that clip if you care/want to know more. Btw, I’m the anonymous one that Disagreed with you post.
    canuckland
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Plenty of comments and discussions below that clip if you care/want to know more. Btw, I’m the anonymous one that Disagreed with you post.
    What part did you disagree with? 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Also not sure why deputy got immediately physical. Maybe 99 people had already tried to push by and he was at his wits end. Maybe his mom passed away the day before. Don't know.

Yeah.  And maybe monkeys flew out of my butt this morning
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Just saw this, smh...
    Terrible.

Oh wow.  That was unexpected. I assumed the suit was suing, but no.  The deputy is suing the suit!  I hope there is a counter-suit.  I do not know everything, just the 11-sec video and the news article, but through the lens presented it looks very bad for the deputy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Legume saw the ‘Guy’ pulled out his credentials, so did countless others, but you didn’t  :s

In the entire clip did you see 1 person (let alone maybe 99) walk pass the deputy sheriff who suffered 
    “physical, mental, emotional, and economic injuries” before he encountered the “Guy”?

Funny how you chose to ignore what happened, then speculate on something you didn’t see, in defence of the Fraud.

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Just saw this, smh...
    Terrible.

Oh wow.  That was unexpected. I assumed the suit was suing, but no.  The deputy is suing the suit!  I hope there is a counter-suit.  I do not know everything, just the 11-sec video and the news article, but through the lens presented it looks very bad for the deputy.
    Yes, Raptor’s President (aka the Guy) is counter suing.
    canuckland
  • GATraveller
    Options
    @Legume saw the ‘Guy’ pulled out his credential, so did countless others, but you didn’t  :s

In the entire clip did you see 1 person (let alone maybe 99) walk pass the deputy sheriff who suffered 
    “physical, mental, emotional, and economic injuries” before he encountered the “Guy”?

Funny how you chose to ignore what happened, then speculate on something you didn’t see, in defence of the Fraud.

OK first off I was going by the video clip presented. There was no article attached to provide further info/context.
    I DID see him begin to pull out his credentials but it was at the same time he was trying to walk past the deputy (more clear in the distanced view). Not sure if you've ever tried to protect an area but I know from experience it's easier to keep someone out than get them out once they're inside. 
    In the video clip I only saw 1 (Raptors Executive) try to pass. I never sought to excuse or blame anyone. I only tried to say there is a greater context that we don't see. I refuse to rush to judgment based on a 27 second video clip. 
    Once I read the article posted afterwards I see the deputy attempted to commit fraud. That is wrong and indefensible. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @GATraveller, my apology, I was naive to assume everyone would read the writeup and comments connected to the video.
    canuckland
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Stripping, yes. Teaching, not a chance.
    Stillwater, MN
  • GATraveller
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @GATraveller, my apology, I was naive to assume everyone would read the writeup and comments connected to the video.
    I usually find video clip comment sections to be a sh!t show of extreme opinions. The writeup isn't visible on my mobile version unless you hit the drop-down arrow so I didn't know it was provided. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I usually find video clip comment sections to be a sh!t show of extreme opinions. 

Yep that's true more often than not in my experience.  The same for comment sections on news articles.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I usually find video clip comment sections to be a sh!t show of extreme opinions. 

Yep that's true more often than not in my experience.  The same for comment sections on news articles.  
    But the ones on Fox News are so fun to read...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    This could be a course at some CCs in some areas of the country.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Beats having Michelle pissing in a urinal.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Pics or it never happened
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    thetrim said:
    So obsessed.  Does this attraction seem unnatural to you?  Does it scare you?