Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Happy Canada Day to all those members of the GWN - OT

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,385
Title says it all and for us older members here it used to be Dominion Day.  
Enjoy the day.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    26 years ago today, I was in Banff.  Really cool experience.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks guys for the well wishes and kind words. Honoured to be your favourite neighbour too (triple spelling correction intended) 😄
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited July 2020
    Options
    What do Canadians do on a typical Canada Day?  Besides drinking Molson Ice and listening to lots of Nickelback, that is?   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Cheers (Mousehead in hand)!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    What do Canadians do on a typical Canada Day?  Besides drinking Molson Ice and listening to lots of Nickelback, that is?   
    I think you spelled Tragically Hip wrong  =) 
    "Usually" we pretty much celebrate the same ways our friendly neighbours to the south do on July 4th. BBQ, hang out and light fire works. 
    Thanks for the well wishes friends!
    Happy Canada Eh!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Happy Canada Day! Enjoy it to the fullest.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options

"Usually" we pretty much celebrate the same ways our friendly neighbours to the south do on July 4th. BBQ, hang out and light fire works. 
    Thanks for the well wishes friends!
    Happy Canada Eh!
    so youre saying its like most every day

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Happy Canada dEh to my fellow canuckians as well😀
    canuckland
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Banff, is unbelievable. I have been to Canada frequently, and have always enjoyed the experience. 

The folks from the GWN, especially on the slopes, are some of the coolest people on this planet.

Thank you for being our neighbor.
    Banff was beautiful.  Same trip (our honeymoon), day-hiking from Chateau Lake Louise - to the tea houses, Big Beehive...  Would love to go back.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Weed is legal now so there is that too, no brands in particular, anything works apparently (or so I heard)😂

I was in Ottawa this morning to pick up burrata at an Italian grocery and there was barely anyone in the city, I found a parking spot right away in the Byward market (usually impossible).  The bridges from Gatineau to Ottawa are typically closed to cars and reserved for pedestrians on Canada day but not this year.

There are typically live bands (not Nickelback 😂) playing on the parliament hill and fireworks in the evening but this has been replaced with augmented reality virtual fireworks on some application, times are changing 🤷‍♂️.

We had friends over last night for the first time since covid started.  Taking it easy in the pool today.  The plan was to smoke a brisket but I woke up too late this morning so that will most likely happen tomorrow.

edited July 2020
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors!!

we were in Whistler for the 150th celebration. That’s when caliprince found out that McDonald’s in Canada had a way better menu than it did in the US. Good times. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @paqman we were there last year, it was like going through airport security to be on the Hill, how times have changed, sad!

canuckland
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I could go for a real big plate of poutine right about now.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    A place that spawned Red Green is fine by me.
    For those up there in the GWN, enjoy your celebration day!
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
     Celebrating with no one around for miles (why i like it here) well beside the 10,000 blood sucking bugs and the people in that plane