Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - It is sunk (what are you doing now)

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
edited June 2020 in Off Topic
I want to thank everyone who kept the civility on my thread for over 5 years!  It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed learning about everyone and seeing what everyone was up too.

I hope the thread is remembered fondly, like the Devastating thread and the Squirrel/Wine thread  B)

Over a million views and almost 60k posts!!

To those who decided to burn the house down, well, yeah, not really much to say to you.  I hope you enjoy your "accomplishment".
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sad Day, I think we know who caused this 

Maybe the Buffalo can revive it and ban the culprit ...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Not cool. 

@The_Buffalo Why sink it? Wouldn't it be possible to remove the negative what sunk it and warn whoever what caused it? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Sad Day, I think we know who caused this 
    Oh yeah, we know exactly who, but it is what it is.  Really bums me out that a disagreement on another thread deliberately spilled into my thread.  5 years we have self policed and done well, you all tried to tell the offender to move on, he knew what would happen to the thread, but did not care.  Same mentality as those who burn down their neighborhood.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    I apologize for my contribution to sinking the SS What Are You Doing Right Now.

Time to start another one with the same title?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Sad. The narcissism that would allow someone to think it's OK to deliberately sink that thread despite numerous warnings is very remindful of someone....
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Since it was not nuked just start a version 2.0 thread and include a link to the old thread in the first post - that will provide a sense of continuity.
    Really hoping that sinking the original thread did not affect your valuable points tally!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    5 years? I thought it was a covid-prompted thread!
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    calling @The_Buffalo any help would be appreciated 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    5 years? I thought it was a covid-prompted thread!
    Nope, started in 2015.  I was running a bingo game at a bingo hall and was bored.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    maybe this will be the new thread 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Am I missing something? It’s still on page 1 of the forum? 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Am I missing something? It’s still on page 1 of the forum? 
    If  you notice, new posts will not bump it back up the list.  As new threads are created or old threads revived, it will continue to drop down into obscurity.  Hence the term "sunk"

If they nuke it, it is just deleted and you cannot find it.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Damn @Lit

I don't normally call someone I've never met an A-Hole, but I'll make an exception here.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Easy solution, nobody post a new thread, therefore it stays on page 1. I’m sure that will happen right?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I, and many others, really enjoyed the thread.  Ozzie, thank you for starting it and thank you to the community at large for being consistently great.

A positive, IMO, that can come of this, is an increase in independent cooking threads. We had some masterful work buried that that 2000 page behemoth.  I hope everyone will continue to put their talent on display via the main page. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I, and many others, really enjoyed the thread.  Ozzie, thank you for starting it and thank you to the community at large for being consistently great.

A positive, IMO, that can come of this, is an increase in independent cooking threads. We had some masterful work buried that that 2000 page behemoth.  I hope everyone will continue to put their talent on display via the main page. 
    There were many epic cooks in there!
  • johnnyp
    Options
    Reference Material for anyone who wants it in the future.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177900/ot-what-are-you-doing-right-now#latest
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    The buffalo has the ability to delete the offending posts and revive the thread. 

I remember a user posted a pic at work and if you clicked on the pic, you could see his customers information on the screen.  He thanked me for messaging him privately about the matter and he contacted the buffalo.  The buffalo removed the post. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I say take it offline, use it as the basis for a new forum and call the that ORIGINAL BGE what are you doing now forum and then never update anything.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Once things cool down I think I will start a 2.0 thread.  I do not want to do it right now, because I suspect the offenders still have some venting to do and will just burn it down again.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    I say take it offline, use it as the basis for a new forum and call the that ORIGINAL BGE what are you doing now forum and then never update anything.
    I wish we had an LOL flag!!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    So in the meantime, where do we post the stuff we want to share that's not worth a stand alone post? Here? 
    Just don't post? This grinds my gears...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Wow.... pages of abuse to rrp. Man has some history spanning years.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • johnnyp
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    So in the meantime, where do we post the stuff we want to share that's not worth a stand alone post? 

Sci, I'm gonna level with you.  Your more epic cooks and that wood fired oven beat the pants off most everything I cook. I think a lot of folks would like to see your mere-mortal cooks, too.

Maybe this is the wrong mindset?  New members probably dont know where to look for the "weeknight cooks".  We've been accused before of too many threads being OT.  Perhaps, showing more cooks, not just the epic ones is desirable? 

Just my 0.02.  I always look forward to seeing your cooks, wherever they land.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @The_Buffalo can you please delete my account and if you can reinstate the What are you doing now thread please?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Is nothing sacred anymore?  Sad day for the forum.  Might just as well get piled on here since everywhere I turn it seems that is happening.  Dang and much more!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.