Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St. Louis Ribs, how I do em - 4 part series for Super Bowl Snacks

Options
To get ready for Super Bowl party season I’ve created a 4 part mini series on how to prepare and cook 4 amazing game day snacks / side dishes to complement any appetizer party you might be attending or hosting.  Here’s whats coming up

Part 1 - St. Lous Ribs (posted today)
Part 2 - Chicken Lollipops (01/16/20) 
Part 3 - Bacon Burnt Ends (01/23/20)
Part 4 - Pulled pork (01/30/20) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu9PdZWi1g&t=27s 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ignore John above.  He's a d*ckhead sometimes.
    OK, so this is going to come across as harsh, but...make it stop.  

If you have something interesting and fun to show the Eggheads here, just show it to us in the thread.  Don’t make us go and watch a video on YouTube.  Or at least - give us the option of either going over there or just reading a summary inside of a post.

I understand you’re trying to build up a following on YouTube and whatever.  That’s fine and I have nothing against that.  My own view is just that the forum shouldn’t serve to mostly redirect people to YouTube, but I’m old school like that I guess.
    I've been around as long on this forum as you have, have never flagged any of your 31,000 comments as spam even though one could argue make your 10 post average a day a make it stop please.  Doesn't bother me, nor does your feedback.

I get this video is 100% not for you, across all sites I get a ton of newb questions and I try to answer them to help new Kamado peeps get started and up to speed on a grill style that I think is light years better than what most newbs are coming from.

I will add more text explaining what I did so for pro's like yourself you can get the coles notes of the method without having to watch a video, thanks for the input 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ahmmm..... sometimes?   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I don't mind the Youtube deal but I have a hard time following along due to that accent.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Isn't John one of the "don't click on it if you don't want to see it" crowd? Hmm? Hypocrite? I don't know? Maybe.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options

If you have something interesting and fun to show the Eggheads here, just show it to us in the thread.  Don’t make us go and watch a video on YouTube.  Or at least - give us the option of either going over there or just reading a summary inside of a post.

I understand you’re trying to build up a following on YouTube and whatever.  That’s fine and I have nothing against that.  My own view is just that the forum shouldn’t serve to mostly redirect people to YouTube, but I’m old school like that I guess.

but if you dont click on the video you will never see anyone coating their ribs with mayo, pretty sure it wasnt even dukes ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

At least show us a picture or something....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Ahmmm..... sometimes?   

Self-admittedly. As we all are, if we're being honest here.
    Options
    Ahmmm..... sometimes?   

Self-admittedly. As we all are, if we're being honest here.
    https://youtu.be/UrgpZ0fUixs
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I quit watching when you fired the Joe.  I understand that grilling is grilling and I don’t care what you grill on but as of late you (and a another) seem to be on a KJ mission.  Use the proper forum to help your agenda.  Maybe Setzler can help you.  I think the time is coming that you decide which free forum you need to use to promote yourself.  Or just post cooks with no brand references like most of the multiple brand posters do.  

Sorry if this came off offensive but really ?? 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I quit watching when you fired the Joe.  I understand that grilling is grilling and I don’t care what you grill on but as of late you (and a another) seem to be on a KJ mission.  Use the proper forum to help your agenda.  Maybe Setzler can help you.  I think the time is coming that you decide which channel you need to use to promote yourself.  

Wuddayou some kinda "kamado racist" or somefin?  Red kamados need to get back in the reservation?  Huh?! Huh?!
    Options

I've been around as long on this forum as you have, have never flagged any of your 31,000 comments as spam even though one could argue make your 10 post average a day a make it stop please.  Doesn't bother me, nor does your feedback.

I get this video is 100% not for you, across all sites I get a ton of newb questions and I try to answer them to help new Kamado peeps get started and up to speed on a grill style that I think is light years better than what most newbs are coming from.

I will add more text explaining what I did so for pro's like yourself you can get the coles notes of the method without having to watch a video, thanks for the input 
    No one here has 31000 posts, that would just be *NUTS*.

I quit watching when you fired the Joe.  I understand that grilling is grilling and I don’t care what you grill on but as of late you (and a another) seem to be on a KJ mission.  Use the proper forum to help your agenda.  Maybe Setzler can help you.  I think the time is coming that you decide which channel you need to use to promote yourself.  

I’ve bought four Eggs and my most recent purchase happens to be Joe. In these recipe videos I am not advocating one brand over the other.

it gets dark before dinner time where I live and my outdoor lights on the deck happen to illuminate the Joes so I have been using them for these videos where it’d be pitch black otherwise. 

Not offensive at all, it’s a pretty simple choice. Light or no light. 
  • unoriginalusername
    Options

Lol oops that was you hahaha... ya nuts lol 
  • fishlessman
    Options

theres the one with 131919

fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options

@fishlessman who dat?
    Options

@fishlessman who dat?
    been keeping track of your posts count since noticing the post counter not keeping up

Image result for counting with lines

thinking back i should have put dollars in a jar =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    back to this mayo thing, why not miracle whip
    fukahwee maine

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    back to this mayo thing, why not miracle whip
    You want fat... more fat in mayo 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Do you have any t-shirts for sale by any chance?
  • unoriginalusername
    Options

They are in production... the back says John in Carolina fan club 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    edited January 2020
    Options

I don’t think you’ll have much success selling those either pal, but good luck to you!
  • unoriginalusername
    Options

I don’t think you’ll have much success selling those either pal, but good luck to you!
    I ordered 10,000.... planning a give-away 😊 
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Did it used to be alot more friendlier around here or has Friday come early?  Maybe that's not a binary question.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I blame Obama.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    I know @unoriginalusername likes BGE as he traveled from the Great White North to Central CA to come to my shop and pick one up
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I know @unoriginalusername likes BGE as he traveled from the Great White North to Central CA to come to my shop and pick one up
    100%. I don’t know what Kamado grill category market share is vs propane or pellet but I’d imagine it’s small. Videos are just trying to help people on the fence see how easy it is

and that little Ferrari of a grill still gets plenty of work. Thanks again 
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    Options
    You should team up with the Sham Wow guy. 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    That’s really cool. I didn’t realize BGE made red grills too. Thx for sharing.  =)