Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Practical Jokes you've pulled (Where the statute of limitations has run out)

Options

Comments

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Way back in the day, BGEBrent and I coached a soccer team together.  We had a neighbor that Brent had a moderate dislike for.  One Saturday night after a number of adult beverages we put 3 M80's into that guy's mailbox.  It blew off the post and ended up in 3 pieces in the street.  Brent felt so guilty, he bought a new one and replaced it on Sunday before the guy ever knew.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,220
    Options
    EagleIII said:
    Way back in the day, BGEBrent and I coached a soccer team together.  We had a neighbor that Brent had a moderate dislike for.  One Saturday night after a number of adult beverages we put 3 M80's into that guy's mailbox.  It blew off the post and ended up in 3 pieces in the street.  Brent felt so guilty, he bought a new one and replaced it on Sunday before the guy ever knew.
    I could only imagine the look on his face. :rofl:

I sure do miss my buddy. 
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    People have told me that I am a practical joke.  I don get it.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    thetrim said:
    I like to fart in a small glass tumbler, turn it upside down, and leave it on the counter.  It's amazing how long the smell will stay in there, and the person who turns it over gets a real treat.
    You moved to the #1 spot on my favorite Eggers with this story.  

I did did this to my aunt when I was 12.  I put a little water in a Tupperware container, farted into it, and immediately sealed it.  My cousin said “What’s in the  green tupperware? It reeks!”  She took a big pull and gagged.  To a 12 year old, it was an unmatched moment in comedy. 

If I remember correctly, you’re from the midwest as well, right? Nebraska fan?

Yes!  Live in Florida now, but was in Lincoln for many years and consider myself a Husker thru and thru.  This kind if shenanigans was before my Nebraska days.

I will say, I got this idea from a classmate at West Point that would take his Army issue tumbler and do exactly this on a SAMI (Saturday Morning Inspection) day. The inspecting Officer would find this on the counter and not in the proper place in the medicine cabinet and would give him a real ass chewing and would, at some point, pick up the tumbler and be in for a real treat.  Dude got more than a few area tours for doing that.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,502
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I will say, I got this idea from a classmate at West Point that would take his Army issue tumbler and do exactly this on a SAMI (Saturday Morning Inspection) day. The inspecting Officer would find this on the counter and not in the proper place in the medicine cabinet and would give him a real ass chewing and would, at some point, pick up the tumbler and be in for a real treat.  Dude got more than a few area tours for doing that.
    Okay, my feelings about your prior post just changed, quite a bit!  :triumph:

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Capturing farts wasn't exactly my intention here, unless queen Elizabeth is getting pranked...
    Options
    @nolaegghead you can't put restrictions on prankings...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    My brother is famous for pulling pranks but also is a bit of a hypochondriac. He came to stay at our house and after he went to bed we put a lot of orajel (topical lidocaine) on his toothbrush. 

after he brushed his teeth (and realized he wasn't having a stroke) he came downstairs an mumbled 4 letter words at us. 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    There were a lot of funny ones in college, but the one that never got old involved a can a shaving cream.  We'd knock the top of it off, toss it in someone's dorm room and shout, "GRENADE!"  And then hold the door shut as the thing rolled around spraying cream everywhere.

* - I don't honestly recall how we got it to spray. We either knocked the top off, held the trigger town with something or punched a hole in it with a screwdriver (likely). But it was easy enough for college kids to figure out... and shaving cream was cheap.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Our freshman dorm had these doors on the rooms that were inset away from the hallway, by about 4 inches.  So a routine prank became putting newspaper across someone's doorway late at night, taping it to both sides, almost to the top.  Then you would pop about 20-30 bags of popcorn and fill that entire space with the stuff.   When they woke up in the morning and opened their door, all that popcorn would come streaming into their room.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Our freshman dorm had these doors on the rooms that were inset away from the hallway, by about 4 inches.  So a routine prank became putting newspaper across someone's doorway late at night, taping it to both sides, almost to the top.  Then you would pop about 20-30 bags of popcorn and fill that entire space with the stuff.   When they woke up in the morning and opened their door, all that popcorn would come streaming into their room.

One trick in freshman dorm was to fill a large manila envelope with shaving cream, slid the open end under some ones door then stomp on the envelope. Another was to slide about 4 pennies between the door jam and the lock of somebodies room while they were in it. That locked them in their own room until they could convince someone to remove the pennies.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options
    a five gallon bucket of feces and urine under the RA'S DOOR IN THE DARK 30 HOURS. didnt do it but the whole dorm knew it was going down. 
    kids store front horse quarter machine taken to the dorm setup pounding on the dorm door, somehow the school didnt find this funny
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    a five gallon bucket of feces and urine under the RA'S DOOR IN THE DARK 30 HOURS. didnt do it but the whole dorm knew it was going down. 

Sounds like the RA was super popular. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options

Sounds like the RA was super popular. 
    i believe it was organized by the floor councilors and some others. my freshman roomate was a floor councilor and i remember him not being in the building that night

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    One trick in freshman dorm was to fill a large manila envelope with shaving cream, slid the open end under some ones door then stomp on the envelope. Another was to slide about 4 pennies between the door jam and the lock of somebodies room while they were in it. That locked them in their own room until they could convince someone to remove the pennies.
    We did those as well.....  simple and effective. Great memories doing those.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    The elevator in my freshman dorm opened to one side for all the floors but to the opposite side when it got down to the lobby.  We would fill a 55 gallon trash can with cans and bottles and anything else we could think of and lean it up against the back elevator door and send it down to the first floor.  When it got there everything would crash down on the security guard who's desk was right beside the elevator.  We would hear him cussing from the second floor. 

All the doors to the dorm rooms opened into the room instead of out into the hallway so it was common practice to fill the same trashcan with water and lean it up against someone's door.  You would open the door in the morning and the water would come crashing in on you.  Not much you could do about it except get out of the way quick. 

40 guys lived on the floor and we got a nice bill for $78 each for damages when we finished freshman year.  $3120 total for broken exit signs and a water fountain that was ripped from the wall one night.  Still don't know the story behind that one.   
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Lay an album cover over the envelope and you get a more even pressure from the "stomp" - allegedly...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Lay an album cover over the envelope and you get a more even pressure from the "stomp" - allegedly...
    What’s an album?  😎
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

What’s an album?  😎
    LP, vinyl, 33 1/3....with pops and scratches. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Does it work with an anal bum cover?  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    There were a lot of funny ones in college, but the one that never got old involved a can a shaving cream.  We'd knock the top of it off, toss it in someone's dorm room and shout, "GRENADE!"  And then hold the door shut as the thing rolled around spraying cream everywhere.

* - I don't honestly recall how we got it to spray. We either knocked the top off, held the trigger town with something or punched a hole in it with a screwdriver (likely). But it was easy enough for college kids to figure out... and shaving cream was cheap.
    I forgot we used to do something similar to that.  We would take an aerosol febreze can and duck tape the trigger.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

What’s an album?  😎
    The ancestor to the cd , which is the ancestor to Spotify except you owned it kiddo.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Ask SGH.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

As long as there is no sphincter opening it should work just fine. You wouldn’t want any backspray...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

What’s an album?  😎
    The ancestor to the cd , which is the ancestor to Spotify except you owned it kiddo.
    Man, you guys need to learn sarcasm.  I’ve owned more than one turntable in my life.  The worst is when you can’t find the 45 adapter.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I still have a box of 8 tracks, probably the worst sound medium ever developed.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

What’s an album?  😎
    Man, you guys need to learn sarcasm.  I’ve owned more than one turntable in my life.  The worst is when you can’t find the 45 adapter.  
    We used to run a Sony discman with a wired cassette adapter and the 8 track to cassette adapter in my buddy’s 76 Lincoln Towncar. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Sea2Ski said:

What’s an album?  😎
    We used to run a Sony discman with a wired cassette adapter and the 8 track to cassette adapter in my buddy’s 76 Lincoln Towncar. 
    Drive a ‘79 Buick riviera for a while with a similar set up.  Damn land yacht.  
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I love Rivis. A 65 Rivi GS is one of the few cars I’d swap mine for in a minute. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,039
    edited December 2019
    Options
    My friend in high school had a late 80's Grand Marquis. That thing was a tank. We used to beat on that thing. We had that car airborne a few different times. 

My other friend in high school had a Dodge 600 that was a hand me down from his grandma. AKA the Dodge Sh*thundred. One day waiting in line waiting to leave the high school parking lot my friend with the Grand Marquis and my other friend with the Sh*thundred drove as close as they could to each other's vehicle to be funny. Somehow the corner of my friends Grand Marquis big a** front bumper got stuck inside the front fender of the Dodge Sh*thundred. To the point where they couldn't get it unstuck. The two cars were literally stuck together. Causing no one else to be able to leave the parking lot. They both had their cars in reverse pulling each other around. Eventually the Sh*thundred gave up the fight and the whole front fender got ripped out from the bumper of the Grand Marquis. Absolutely hilarious watching the fender get ripped out. That Marquis drove like a dream and was built like a tank!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota