Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Is sausage still good?

So saturday I cooked 6 sausages.  We decided to save for football snack on sunday. Accidentally left out overnight with foil on.  Put in fridge next morning. Do you think they are ok to eat?

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 10,402
    For the price of sausage I’m in the no freakin way camp. If they make you sick you’d spend more on Charmin than you did the sausage.  

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,348
    Only one way to know.  You think Pasteur didn't get the occasional bout of the runs?

Science demands that you try.

Report back.
  • I wouldn't even check up so long as it was cooked to a decent IT...
  • I would heat them back up to at least 160 degrees IT and eat them without worrying 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• wardowardo Posts: 398
    Only one way to know.  You think Pasteur didn't get the occasional bout of the runs?

Science demands that you try.

Report back.
    Lol yes I agree with this!
    NC - LBGE
  • Fully cooked?   I’d eat it.  I’ve eaten pizza that was our all night.  But, I’m an idiot. 
    I agreed with this, but just so nobody is confused, I am only agreeing with the last sentence.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • I would heat them back up to at least 160 degrees IT and eat them without worrying 
    Nuke them from orbit.  It’s the only way to be sure.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,139
    Fully cooked?   I’d eat it.  I’ve eaten pizza that was our all night.  But, I’m an idiot. 
    I agreed with this, but just so nobody is confused, I am only agreeing with the last sentence.
    Ha ha
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon Fat Stacks 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • Fully cooked?   I’d eat it.  I’ve eaten pizza that was our all night.  But, I’m an idiot. 

Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 16,545
    Fully cooked?   I’d eat it.  I’ve eaten pizza that was our all night.  But, I’m an idiot. 
    I am entertaining the thought of the last  last sentence, shared by @theyolksonyou,  is perhaps somewhat, misleading. 

I will offer to all in the forum, Jason is more than an idiot. Much more. 

Please allow the debate to begin. You may speak freely, we shall not judge.

He has won 2 cooking events, against stellar competition, which indicates he possesses some life skills. 

What say you?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon said:
    I am entertaining the thought of the last  last sentence, shared by @theyolksonyou,  is perhaps somewhat, misleading. 

I will offer to all in the forum, Jason is more than an idiot. Much more. 

Please allow the debate to begin. You may speak freely, we shall not judge.

He has won 2 cooking events, against stellar competition, which indicates he possesses some life skills. 

What say you?
    My concern is the implication that eating pizza that sat out all night is even qestionable.  At 3 days out we can begin to talk about possible issues, but overnight??? That's just the way it's done!!
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 16,545
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,790
    I might eat it but no way would I serve it to guests. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser