Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biggest cook so far....

My buddy got hitched yesterday and asked me to cook bbq for his wedding, which was feeding 105 people. I loaded up the Eggs with 9 butts weighing about 80 pounds and cooked 2 huge pans of Mac and cheese, which totaled 32 pounds. I put them on at 6 am and ran about 275 for 9 hours. It was all a huge success. 
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 

Comments

• Now that's pressure! Looks great. Congrats on pulling it off.
    Stillwater, MN
  • nice to have a good friend like yourself
    nice looking cook
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,799
    You're no slouch. Way to step up.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,044
    Awesome !!!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Glad it's almost lunchtime - that makes me drool!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,523
    That is delivering under the gun.  Great cook right there.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Man that's awesome.  Take some guts to pull that off! 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    That is some real tonnage.  Nicely done!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Looks great, and a nice gesture by you to help out. Well done 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Dang!  Great friend you are, dude!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    Wow.  Great job.  Your buddy chose wisely.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    GoooDawgs said:
    Man that's awesome.  Take some guts to pull that off! 
    Thanks! I’ve cooked 7 or 8 a few times but 9 is a new high for me, lol. The Eggs really do make it so easy. I had them cooking while I was 2 soccer games for the kids, so they were unattended for 4 hours. It’s something to have that confidence. Can’t do that with an offset!
  • Skrullb
    And what I’m quickly finding out is that I need to start an LLC, and get insured so I can get serious about this. I’ve had a lot of people ask the name of my business, etc, to have me cater for them. 
  • Atta Boy!!  BZ!!!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• lkapigian
    @Skrullb , I went through that....very difficult in CA especially with BBQ..we can do " temporary food events " ie community events without much problems ...doing catering you need a commissary or a resturaunt ( or have your own certified kitchen ....best of luck, don't let something you enjoy turn into a job....im way busier than I need to be and only do the ones that are very select ...i mainly sell my labor 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Skrullb
    lkapigian said:
    @Skrullb , I went through that....very difficult in CA especially with BBQ..we can do " temporary food events " ie community events without much problems ...doing catering you need a commissary or a resturaunt ( or have your own certified kitchen ....best of luck, don't let something you enjoy turn into a job....im way busier than I need to be and only do the ones that are very select ...i mainly sell my labor 
    Yeah I hear you. When I retire, doing this stuff is something that I definitely want to look into I just feel like I’m missing the chance at making some big money to do something I Love. I’ve done some school picnics, funeral, church things...but I’ve yet to even break even with it. I’ve never charged anyone, and as you said: I’m choosing good causes that I don’t mind contributing to. It never fails though, 20 people ask my business name and say they’re interested....
  • lkapigian
    Skrullb said:
    lkapigian said:
    Yeah I hear you. When I retire, doing this stuff is something that I definitely want to look into I just feel like I’m missing the chance at making some big money to do something I Love. I’ve done some school picnics, funeral, church things...but I’ve yet to even break even with it. I’ve never charged anyone, and as you said: I’m choosing good causes that I don’t mind contributing to. It never fails though, 20 people ask my business name and say they’re interested....
    To make my life easy , separate 
    The food ....my base is 2 protien , 2 carb 1 green $10.00 a head plus the cost of the food we serve buffet style ( we potion the food )..add appetizer and additional protien $15.00 per head...i bring reciepts or take them shopping with me....incidentials are covered in my fee
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian