Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hanger Steak and Tri-Tip Ideas

Options
So we’re at the in-laws this week and my mother-in-law asked me to cook a tri-tip and a hanger steak for dinner tomorrow (6 adults, 4 kids). In-laws have a traeger as the only grill available. I can’t find any cast iron in their house, but they do have a sous vide. 

Here are are my thoughts:
1. Tri-tip seasoned with SPOG and in the water bath for 15 hours at 130 deg, “sear” on the traeger as best I can after adding some form of a Santa-Maria rub I make up from whatever I find in the pantry. 
2. Hanger in the sous vide at 130 deg for 1.5 hours after seasoning with S&P and then searing. Will make a chimichurri to go with the hanger. 
3. Sides will be Mexican street corn (mother in law bought lots of corn pre our arrival) and maybe some scalloped potatoes. 

Im basically make two different meals (tri-tip and potatoes vs. hanger and corn), but hey, variety is the spice of life. Comments and advice on the above plan welcome. Also, I’ve never used a traeger before. Any advice on how to get it plenty hot would be great. Pics tomorrow when it’s all said and done. 

Comments