Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Javelin Pro Duo issues?

has anyone had this happen to their Javelin Pro Duo? The numbers are not showing up completely in the display.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Honestly, first post I can remember seeing with any issues.
    Send them an email and let us know what happens 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mine are both 100% good. No issues ever. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Agree with @The Cen-Tex Smoker mine are fine and would be curious to the outcome ...this is where customer service can shine 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Curious if they respond to you.   Took them 3 weeks to respond to multiple emails and calls and they never responded to their message I sent them on here.    Great product, but on the rare occasion you need them it can be challenging. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    GoooDawgs said:
    Curious if they respond to you.   Took them 3 weeks to respond to multiple emails and calls and they never responded to their message I sent them on here.    Great product, but on the rare occasion you need them it can be challenging. 
    Sounds exactly like Blackstones warranty department 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I've had need for just one interaction with the Javelin folks and it was fine.
    I had one of their original small Thermowands (original name before they renamed them to Javelin) that died after about a year. I replaced the battery but that didn't fix it so I contacted them via the form on their website. Got a reply a couple days later suggesting I try a couple things. I had already tried what they suggested and replied that those didn't work. A couple days later they emailed me a return label. I boxed up the dead unit, sent it off and about a week later they sent me a new unit.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    @Lavatools is a member here. Perhaps he/she will respond.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• No issues with mine so far but judging by your picture it looks like an impact happened between the words Pro and Duo and send cracks up the screen which would definitely cause some issues.   

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Awesome eyes @Brisket_Fanatic

totally agree after I revisited the pic  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited August 2019
    No issues with mine so far but judging by your picture it looks like an impact happened between the words Pro and Duo and send cracks up the screen which would definitely cause some issues.   
    Good eye. I hadn't noticed that. No recollection of what could have happened except to say beverages could have been involved...

Wish I had purchased it from Costco.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Mine is working great but I also have the heavy duty black one😉

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig