Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grilled Tuna steaks

skitter_popskitter_pop Posts: 52
finish temp 125?   It's been ages since I've done these..  Cooking temp too  400?

Comments

• skitter_popskitter_pop Posts: 52
    500?

Raging river on  Grill getn up to temp   bout to do it  lol
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 9,749
    Just get some color on the outside, leave it pink in the middle
    Austin, TX
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,858
    Just a kiss of heat on each side.  Still looking for rare on inside.  

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
    They weren't bad. I think I over did it tho trying to get 125.  Took waay longer than I expected
    Type your commentif not for the egg they wudda been dry
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,858
    There used to be a restaurant here that made tuna sandwiches that the color looked just like yours. You put lettuce,tomato, red onion and chipotle mayo on it and it would be awesome. 

Lil trick on grillin Tuna is to watch the sides.  They will change color as the doneness changes    You want no more than 3/16-1/4” of the gray color.   I’ve had that but the inside be 95°.  I’m good with that.  

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 676
    I could never figure out seared tuna and always overcooked it, until I was told to chill them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before throwing on the grill.  That fixed it.  Outside sears and inside is cold enough to not cook up beyond rare or med rare.   I still find fish better in cast iron than on the Egg, though.  
    Athens, GA
    Large BGE and a Kamado Joe Jr.  Perfect pairing!