Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Pork Breakfast “Hakuna Frittata”

I’ve been making these “healthy” hakuna frittatas for years. Basically a protein heated in a pan,  (Morningstar sausage or chorizo crumbles work great), egg whites to barely cover, a tortilla spread with a wedge of  laughing cow and the plate inversion trick to flip it over and heat til the tortilla crisps up just a bit. Slide it on to a cutting board, whack it into wedges, and drizzle a spiral of sriracha or bbq sauce or what have you. Voila— a pretty healthy, low cal breakfast in less than 10 minutes. Maybe less so with pulled pork, but damn is it good. 

Step by glorious and easy step in pix below:

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 5,097
    Pretty Cool!
    Visalia, Ca
  • very nice cook!
  • EagleIIIEagleIII Posts: 318
    Sweeeet...
  • BotchBotch Posts: 8,153
    That looks great!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 14,838
    Heck yeah!
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• blind99blind99 Posts: 4,454
    dang, thanks for that, i will definitely use the technique!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 682
    Tortilla-less version of this happening tomorrow!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 14,061
    That is the way breakfast should be.
    Great presentarion, beautiful cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HendersonTRKingHendersonTRKing Posts: 1,496
    I just had another one this morning and I gotta tell ya that the tortilla makes it. The wedge of light cheese glues the whole thing together and when the tortilla gets a little crispy and stays a bit chewy, it’s awesome. Maybe not for the no carb people, but if I were low carb, I’d think one tortilla is ok. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 682
    @HendersonTRKing Just day 5 of no carb - too early to give an inch, otherwise I’m a tortilla lover!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • BotchBotch Posts: 8,153
    I just had another one this morning and I gotta tell ya that the tortilla makes it. The wedge of light cheese glues the whole thing together and when the tortilla gets a little crispy and stays a bit chewy, it’s awesome. Maybe not for the no carb people, but if I were low carb, I’d think one tortilla is ok. 
    Low-Carb tortillas are a thing; I've been eating them since the keto craze, and I prefer them to regular flour tortillas!
    In giving up the rice, potatoes, beer, bread, and most of all pasta, I have been less successful... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.