Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any CBD users/believers here want to sign a petition?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Though this topic has seen the light of day before, much less run up the flag pole for any users to salute I just wonder how many users are here much less believers.  

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I don’t use it and am undecided about if it has any benefits. But I believe it is harmless and should be available.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Check out the peer reviewed science.  Equivocal.  Anecdotal information is useless Ron.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    We just spent the weekend in Boulder Co and my wife bought the oil and a cream.

'll let you know how that goes. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bgebrent
    Options
    dmchicago said:

#anecdotal. Hope for the best for you.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Natural laxative.  Very effective.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    dmchicago said:

#forher
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bgebrent
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    bgebrent said:
    dmchicago said:

#forher
    For her I hope the best brother.  This thread has no scientific relevance that anyone could make a logical decision upon.  My only point.  Good luck.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    dmchicago said:
    bgebrent said:
    dmchicago said:

#forher
    For her I hope the best brother.  This thread has no scientific relevance that anyone could make a logical decision upon.  My only point.  Good luck.
    Like all folk remedies start out.

Now that the fed gov has eased up, its being studied.  There actually is one FDA approved medicine for very specific types of seizures.  Controlled clinical trials for other indications are next.  FDA is actively discussing about what they’ll regulate and what they won’t.  My father has Alzheimer’s and cbd was suggested by one of his physicians to help with his mood swings and anxiety.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    A good placebo is worth its weight in perceived cure.  I think it does have some actual medical benefits.   Sadly the gubment, just like gun crime, has chosen to ignore science and statistics when it comes to cannabis and byproducts. 
    Options
    Legume said:
    bgebrent said:
    dmchicago said:
    bgebrent said:
    dmchicago said:

#forher
    Like all folk remedies start out.

Now that the fed gov has eased up, its being studied.  There actually is one FDA approved medicine for very specific types of seizures.  Controlled clinical trials for other indications are next.  FDA is actively discussing about what they’ll regulate and what they won’t.  My father has Alzheimer’s and cbd was suggested by one of his physicians to help with his mood swings and anxiety.
    Yes.  Insufficient data at this time.  My only point.  Like when vaping was the cure for cigarette smoking.  It’s market driven, minimal science.
  • Legume
    Options
    That is a monumentally ignorant comparison.  Be better doc.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @RRP We've already voted here in Ca, but to answer your question I  will sign your petition. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Legume said:
    That is a monumentally ignorant comparison.  Be better doc.
    I hope it has helped your loved ones.  My comparison was for the crowd.  Forgive me but the science is out.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Just to make something clear CBD is derived from hemp not from marijuana. It doesn’t have THC in it.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Just to make something clear CBD is derived from hemp not from marijuana. It doesn’t have THC in it.
    Well known. 
    Not well known but unrelated except for the public perception analogy I chose. 

https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/documents/surgeon-generals-advisory-on-e-cigarette-use-among-youth-2018.pdf
  • Legume
    Options
    Brent, I have no idea if it works or not.  I found it interesting that a physician recommended it.

Equating it to any other herbal supplement that’s been around with little science would make sense.  Your vape comparison sounds like something a politician would say.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Let’s list all the scientifically proven facts about CBD oil on this thread, go!
    1.  It’s derived from hemp and has no THC. 
    2.  Retailers of the product will tell you it cures death.  Because they retail it. 
    3.  There is inadequate peer reviewed science proving its efficacy. 
    4.  Lots of people want to believe in something without proof of efficacy and before it could be disproven. 
    5.  We all hope it might be more than a pharma rip off. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Legume said:
    Brent, I have no idea if it works or not.  I found it interesting that a physician recommended it.

Equating it to any other herbal supplement that’s been around with little science would make sense.  Your vape comparison sounds like something a politician would say.
    I understand your point. And you understand mine. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Don't care about CBD but we should just go ahead and legalize hemp in all its forms and molecular makeup at the federal level.
    "Big Dorito" approves of this message.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I tried a farmers market sample of CBD salve on my shoulder that had given me problems for years with no end in sight.  I thought the pain was due to arthritis.  Whatever was causing it kept me awake most nights due to the pain that somehow intensified at night.

The very first night using CBD allowed me to sleep without pain.  I kept using it and within a few weeks the pain was completely gone.  And equally important, I was able to get much needed sleep.

I became a believer.

But I wanted to know more before I used it for anything else or recommended it to friends.  I researched it thoroughly and was not surprised to learn that has been used by countless generations of people from all over the world for thousands of years.  

But I also discovered the voices of people who suffered chronic pain of every type who simply would not be able to function without CBD.  

Oddly, it is not addictive in itself, but works so well without side effects for most people that it is the choice treatment over prescription drugs that have many undesirable side effects.  And it is inexpensive compared to prescription drugs.

I also wanted to know if it was legal to buy, sell and use here in Louisiana.  Yes.  And Yes to all other states.

I continued checking for more and more information, often adding links to informative websites to my Blog.  The more I read, the more I became certain that it had tremendous potential to help solve some of our most destructive drug use problems while offering a welcome alternative to our choices.  

I asked my primary care doctor about it.  He said, "If it works, keep using it.  There are no side effects."   And went on to say there were no conflicts between my medications and CBD.

My cardiologist also had no objection.

With that, I suggested that my wife try it on her arthritic hands.  It worked.  She now uses it on occasion when needed.

I also referred it to a long-time Egghead friend who suffered painful sleepless nights for years.  It worked for him and he is now a strong advocate for its use.  

Another long-time Egghead friend from North Carolina visited us and the subject came up.  He too is now a believer and lets anyone and everyone know it.  

CBD may not work for everyone, but for me and a few of my friends, it works for our particular needs.  In fact, my shoulder is pain free after many years.

Yes, I'll sign a petition or walk in the street or shout from the rooftop to make CBD available to anyone and everyone who could benefit from it.

Leroy McMillin
    aka Printemps Poulet
    Covington Louisiana USA

• bgebrent
    Options
    Legume said:
    THC!  Very sciencey. Want your grandkids on it?
    peer reviewed science. So hard to explain. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Rare-severe. Sounds like it would be great for everyone!
  • Legume
    Options
    Cbd, not thc.

Many drugs with broad application start out being studied and approved for rare diseases and underserved populations because that’s where the regulatory latitude and speed of orphan drug approvals are.  But sometimes a drug for a rare disease is only that and does not go on to get broader labeling.

Time and more research will tell.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Can I interest anyone in some exogenous ketones?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'd buy that from her.  From @JohnInCarolina not so much.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Why do you need a petition signed?  The IL house and senate just passed bills to allow recreational use of marijuana legal starting 2020.  Plus you can just walk to your nearest Family Video and buy all the CBD you need.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options

I also wanted to know if it was legal to buy, sell and use here in Louisiana.  Yes.  And Yes to all other states.

But congrats on your success.  I've considered trying it.

NOLA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Tried it a bunch of times, lotions, tinctures and edibles.

No perceived benefit for me.

First time was 5 years ago.  Bought a bunch of the super expensive lotion at the dispensary to try to treat quad tendinitis.  No perceived benefit after a month of several times daily use.  Ended up having surgery.  at 5 years post op the other knee, which was also bad, is just as good as the surgical knee.

Tried it for dogs.  Did not observe a noticeable change.  I have some friends who swear their 10 year old dogs were immediately transformed into puppies with just a little CBD, I have not observed a tremendous difference in those dogs either, but if the owner thinks there is one, more power to 'em.

Just tried again recently for a hip problem.  tried various amounts.  Tried lotions, tried edibles, tried it mixed in MCT oil and taken sublingually.  No apparent benefit.  Had hip replaced 3 weeks ago.

I did take a 1:1 THC/CBD edible at night for a couple of weeks, 5MG of each and that MAY have helped.  Hip pain was definitely lower before I ran out of those, though increase in pain may be due to increased activity.   will try another round of 1:1 edibles and report back.

I wish I was in the group that only had to have some CBD waved near their painful body part to experience immediate and total relief.

Ron, hope Mrs. Pratt finds some relief.

We make our own CBD oil form CBD isolate these days for the dawg.  He has seizures and gets CBD on a 'well, it can't hurt anything' basis.

Much more economical than buying it already mixed - like a third the cost.  Not sure of it's value...but if you want to try that let me know andI will send you info re a source to buy it by the gram (hemp derived, under 1% THC so legal to ship across state lines etc and it takes very little work to make oil or tinctures.